Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris How do I upgrade to solaris 10 10/09? Post 302637715 by SIFT3R on Wednesday 9th of May 2012 07:50:01 AM
Old 05-09-2012
How do I delete a thread?

If I started a thread then realized I was asking with wrong question how do I delete the thread?

Last edited by SIFT3R; 05-09-2012 at 08:59 AM.. Reason: Need to delete

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

upgrade solaris 8 to 10

Pls tell me how easy / difficult it is to upgrade solaris 8 to solaris 10 . We have solaris 10 CDs with us . If there is good resource on this , please share with me . Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hitesh Shah
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 9 to Solaris 10 upgrade on Sun Fire 3800

Hello there! I have Sun Fire 3800 with very old Solaris 9 and I need to perform upgrade to concurrent Solaris 10 version, preserving current OS configuration. I supose to make it using Live Upgrade, but according to Solaris Live Upgrade Software: Minimum Patch Requirements page, I need to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sapfeer
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Upgrade Solaris 11.1 to Solaris 11.2 beta?

Ive googled a bit, but could not find out how to upgrade to Solaris 11.2 beta, using the IPS package manager. Does anyone know how to do it? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
4 Replies
TKILL(2)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  TKILL(2)

NAME
tkill, tgkill - send a signal to a thread SYNOPSIS
int tkill(int tid, int sig); int tgkill(int tgid, int tid, int sig); DESCRIPTION
tgkill() sends the signal sig to the thread with the thread ID tid in the thread group tgid. (By contrast, kill(2) can only be used to send a signal to a process (i.e., thread group) as a whole, and the signal will be delivered to an arbitrary thread within that process.) tkill() is an obsolete predecessor to tgkill(). It only allows the target thread ID to be specified, which may result in the wrong thread being signaled if a thread terminates and its thread ID is recycled. Avoid using this system call. If tgid is specified as -1, tgkill() is equivalent to tkill(). These are the raw system call interfaces, meant for internal thread library use. RETURN VALUE
On success, zero is returned. On error, -1 is returned, and errno is set appropriately. ERRORS
EINVAL An invalid thread ID, thread group ID, or signal was specified. EPERM Permission denied. For the required permissions, see kill(2). ESRCH No process with the specified thread ID (and thread group ID) exists. VERSIONS
tkill() is supported since Linux 2.4.19 / 2.5.4. tgkill() was added in Linux 2.5.75. CONFORMING TO
tkill() and tgkill() are Linux-specific and should not be used in programs that are intended to be portable. NOTES
See the description of CLONE_THREAD in clone(2) for an explanation of thread groups. Glibc does not provide wrappers for these system calls; call them using syscall(2). SEE ALSO
clone(2), gettid(2), kill(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.25 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 2008-10-01 TKILL(2)