Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to install AIX 5.1 on p5 type 9110-51A ? Post 302637317 by zzmaher on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 06:07:48 PM
Old 05-08-2012
Hello all
I did not mean oracle database 11g ,but i mean application 11.5.3 on database 8.2 (old version) so it does not support the 5.3 or 6 at all ..
So , the only solution is to install the 5.1 as a supported version.
Again , any way to install 5.1 on this p510-9110 server ?
Please advice ..
Thanks

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

terminal type problem with cygwin on aix

hey, I use cygwin to connect to AIX 5.2 but when I open vi I get an error saying: ex: 0602-108 cygwin is not a recognized terminal type how can I fix that? I thought cygwin was tty vt100? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rein
1 Replies

2. AIX

Type national symbols in AIX ?

Hi, What I have done - I installed my national language(package bos.loc.pc.Lt_LT), and selected this language for particular user using LANG env. variable. What should I do next ? I heard something about keymaps, input methods ?? (my language is lithuanian) I'm talking only about command... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: vilius
0 Replies

3. AIX

how to identify the raid type on aix

hi how to identify the raid type on aix? thx (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melanie_pfefer
1 Replies

4. AIX

If the firmware upgrade code are same for 9117-570 and 9110-510?

When I try to download firmware for pseries (power5 cpu), I found it seems the firmware upgrade code are same for 9117-570 and 9110-510. If they are the same current firmware level and want to upgrade to same firmware. Am I right? Because it descript: This package provides new firmware for... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainbow_bean
3 Replies

5. AIX

AIX 5.2 installation on 'IBM system p5 type 9110-51A'

Hi All, I am new to AIX, not completly though.. I got a task to install AIX 5.2 on 'IBM system p5 type 9110-51A' server. I tried few things, but i am not able to get to the console of this server to proceed with the installation. I have installed AIX 6.1 earlier, but those servers can be plugged... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nd007
4 Replies

6. AIX

Cannot login to IBM 9110 - 510

Hi, I bought a second hand IBM machine model 9110 - 510. This machine is connected to a terminal (orange color text) through a serial port and when I bought the machine it shows its model and it ask for user id and password but i tried many without luck. I want to reset the root password... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: yalmutawa
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Convert File Type - AIX

Hi, I have a file with French characters inside and for some reasons I need to convert it so ASCII format like below : From file 1.txt 1.txt: data or International Language text T file 1.txt 1.txt: ascii text Please advise how can I do that in AIX. TIA (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nick1971
6 Replies

8. AIX

Finding the type of AIX server using command line

Hi All, I am trying to find out type of AIX servers , for eg : server A is eServer p5 520 , server B is pSeries 630-6C4 etc. Can some one suggest me the best way to retrive this information through command line. is there any direct command or script by which i can retrieve this information... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
9 Replies

9. AIX

AIX and Value too large to be stored in data type.

root@test8:/config1>oslevel -s 5300-01-00-0000 root@test8:/config1>oslevel -r 5300-01 while moving a file sized 9GB i got this message root@test8:/configapp>mv bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz /oraapp bkp_14JUN16_oraapp_2.tgz: Value too large to be stored in data type. possibly need APAR... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
2 Replies
CHING(6)							 BSD Games Manual							  CHING(6)

NAME
ching -- the book of changes and other cookies SYNOPSIS
ching [hexagram] DESCRIPTION
The I Ching or Book of Changes is an ancient Chinese oracle that has been in use for centuries as a source of wisdom and advice. The text of the oracle (as it is sometimes known) consists of sixty-four hexagrams, each symbolized by a particular arrangement of six straight (---) and broken (- -) lines. These lines have values ranging from six through nine, with the even values indicating the broken lines. Each hexagram consists of two major sections. The Judgement relates specifically to the matter at hand (e.g., ``It furthers one to have somewhere to go.'') while the Image describes the general attributes of the hexagram and how they apply to one's own life (``Thus the superior man makes himself strong and untiring.'') When any of the lines have the values six or nine, they are moving lines; for each there is an appended judgement which becomes significant. Furthermore, the moving lines are inherently unstable and change into their opposites; a second hexagram (and thus an additional judgement) is formed. Normally, one consults the oracle by fixing the desired question firmly in mind and then casting a set of changes (lines) using yarrow-stalks or tossed coins. The resulting hexagram will be the answer to the question. Using an algorithm suggested by S. C. Johnson, the UNIX oracle simply reads a question from the standard input (up to an EOF) and hashes the individual characters in combination with the time of day, process id and any other magic numbers which happen to be lying around the system. The resulting value is used as the seed of a random number generator which drives a simulated coin-toss divination. The answer is then piped through nroff(1) for formatting and will appear on the standard output. For those who wish to remain steadfast in the old traditions, the oracle will also accept the results of a personal divination using, for example, coins. To do this, cast the change and then type the resulting line values as an argument. The impatient modern may prefer to settle for Chinese cookies; try fortune(6). DIAGNOSTICS
The great prince issues commands, Founds states, vests families with fiefs. Inferior people should not be employed. SEE ALSO
It furthers one to see the great man. BUGS
Waiting in the mud Brings about the arrival of the enemy. If one is not extremely careful, Somebody may come up from behind and strike him. Misfortune. BSD
May 31, 1993 BSD