Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Shell parameter definition
Operating Systems Linux Fedora Shell parameter definition Post 302637055 by jacobs.smith on Tuesday 8th of May 2012 09:51:57 AM
Old 05-08-2012
I am using GNU Linux.

The error I am seeeing is

Code:
/path/program.sh: line 357: [[: 1.3: syntax error: invalid arithmetic operator (error token is ".3")

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell parameter existence

Hello You know how to ask for the existence of one parameter and depending about it then do something, example: Original script: ################### USER=$1 PASS=$2 program1 $USER $PASS ################### Desired shell ################### USER=$1 PASS=$2 ARCH=$3 if then ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: osymad
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Failed to concatenate parameter in k-shell

Hi folks, I'm trying to concatinate a time zone offset parameter to the word "GMT" and i failed. I have the following function: update_opmn_xml() { echo "\nChecking opmn.xml ..." ## Calculating timezone offset calc_timezone_offset echo ${TzOffset} export opmnXml=/tmp/opmn.xml... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nir_s
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Parameter...

I am trying to get the value of the user id (uid), which is the shell parameter.Then, read the /etc/passwd and keep the lines where the uid is superior to the parameter and write this line in a new file. But I am not getting what I wanted. Perhaps there is a problem with the Syntax below :- ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: marconi
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

simple shell - how to get a parameter typed in a shell script

Hi, I am new to unix and using linux 7.2. I would like to create a script that would make it easyer for me to run my java programms. At the moment I have to type java myJavaprogram I am trying to write a script that will allow me to type something like this "myscript myJavaprogram" or maybe... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmitulescu
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find C function definition in from Shell script

Hi, I am having list of C function names say function1 function2 function3 and i am having many source files under my current directory. Now i would like to find the file names which contains the function definition from my list. It would be appreciable if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tsaravanan
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

parameter value change in shell script

How can i chnage the parameter value in shell script. file name is icare_mmi_cls.com, inside that the parameter name is 10.100.1.2" replace the address to bep-sftp.cce.com. can you please provide me with examples. Thanks Double post - check your PMs and follow the rules, thanks. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: damodarreddys
0 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Parameter change in shell script

How can i chnage the parameter value in shell script. file name is icare_mmi_cls.com, iside that the parameter name is 10.100.1.2" replace the address to bep-sftp.cce.com. can you please provide me with examples. Thanks. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: damodarreddys
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script Shell Parameter

Hi I have two shell script, the second script takes as a parameter the output variable of the first script, please how to retrieve the variable from the first script to pass as a parameter to the second script? Script1.sh i=0 i=$(($i + 1)) Script2.sh echo $1 Thank you (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chercheur111
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing a command shell parameter to another shell

Good afternoon, i need your help pls I want to write a new script that start running as soon as a previus one finish via Autosys (it should be implemented via Autosys too to validate the exsitance and the successful transfered file to a remote server Whenever the file arrives to the path... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexcol
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get Parameter with Shell request

How can I get Parameters with Shell Request. I mean so but not work: PHP: error_reporting(E_ALL); $hallo ="Hallo Welt"; print_r(shell_exec("sh client.sh $hallo")); Shell: echo $hallo echo ceck (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Linuxmann
5 Replies
EXPR(1) 							   User Commands							   EXPR(1)

NAME
expr - evaluate expressions SYNOPSIS
expr EXPRESSION expr OPTION DESCRIPTION
--help display this help and exit --version output version information and exit Print the value of EXPRESSION to standard output. A blank line below separates increasing precedence groups. EXPRESSION may be: ARG1 | ARG2 ARG1 if it is neither null nor 0, otherwise ARG2 ARG1 & ARG2 ARG1 if neither argument is null or 0, otherwise 0 ARG1 < ARG2 ARG1 is less than ARG2 ARG1 <= ARG2 ARG1 is less than or equal to ARG2 ARG1 = ARG2 ARG1 is equal to ARG2 ARG1 != ARG2 ARG1 is unequal to ARG2 ARG1 >= ARG2 ARG1 is greater than or equal to ARG2 ARG1 > ARG2 ARG1 is greater than ARG2 ARG1 + ARG2 arithmetic sum of ARG1 and ARG2 ARG1 - ARG2 arithmetic difference of ARG1 and ARG2 ARG1 * ARG2 arithmetic product of ARG1 and ARG2 ARG1 / ARG2 arithmetic quotient of ARG1 divided by ARG2 ARG1 % ARG2 arithmetic remainder of ARG1 divided by ARG2 STRING : REGEXP anchored pattern match of REGEXP in STRING match STRING REGEXP same as STRING : REGEXP substr STRING POS LENGTH substring of STRING, POS counted from 1 index STRING CHARS index in STRING where any CHARS is found, or 0 length STRING length of STRING + TOKEN interpret TOKEN as a string, even if it is a keyword like 'match' or an operator like '/' ( EXPRESSION ) value of EXPRESSION Beware that many operators need to be escaped or quoted for shells. Comparisons are arithmetic if both ARGs are numbers, else lexicograph- ical. Pattern matches return the string matched between ( and ) or null; if ( and ) are not used, they return the number of characters matched or 0. Exit status is 0 if EXPRESSION is neither null nor 0, 1 if EXPRESSION is null or 0, 2 if EXPRESSION is syntactically invalid, and 3 if an error occurred. AUTHOR
Written by Mike Parker, James Youngman, and Paul Eggert. REPORTING BUGS
GNU coreutils online help: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/> Report expr translation bugs to <http://translationproject.org/team/> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2017 Free Software Foundation, Inc. License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>. This is free software: you are free to change and redistribute it. There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law. SEE ALSO
Full documentation at: <http://www.gnu.org/software/coreutils/expr> or available locally via: info '(coreutils) expr invocation' GNU coreutils 8.28 January 2018 EXPR(1)