Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Unable to use the regular keyboard Post 302636649 by momin on Monday 7th of May 2012 06:41:39 PM
Old 05-07-2012
Try the following commands out, and let us know if vi editor becomes more user-friendly:

#TERM=vt100 ; export TERM
#EDITOR=vi ; export EDITOR
#clear

Cheers
Momin
This User Gave Thanks to momin For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How can I map Unix keyboard for PC keyboard

A Solaris AXI 440 machine with Solaris 8 version. I have PC users who use an emulation to login to the Solaris server. How can I change the keyboard mapping of the Sun keyboard to fit to the PC keyboard ? Any comment will be appreciated. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: simhab
1 Replies

2. Programming

keyboard type

hi I am using a GUI language (based on C/C++) for my application. Now i need to identify the "Again" key in the Sun keyboard. I tried to do this by getting the ascii value (4155)of it . it was fine. but it is clashing with F12, whose ascii is 4155 in normal keyboards. Due to this either one of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimishm
0 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Keyboard Mapping HP-UX

This is truly embarrassing but I have to know the answer anyway :p Can anyone share, how to assign keyboard mapping in hp-ux system? Every time I issue command which contain character "@", it'll go the next line. What I need is how to assign the character "@" to @ as it is supposed to be. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Olli.Lang
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

After Solaris 10 installation I was unable to change keyboard using known commands kbd -s and eeprom keyboard layoit. Also modifinig /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc did not helped. And is possible to replace Solaris keymap with ubuntu keymap because my keyboard work perfectly under Ubuntu and... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: microbot
7 Replies

5. Solaris

Unable to change keyboard layout

Hi to everyone Once again I tried to modify my keyboard , because I am crazy keyborad can not be changed using kbd-s eeprom also I tried to modify /boot/solaris/bootenv.rc but I tried opensolaris and my keyboard works perfectly So my question is Can I transfer settings from... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_user
14 Replies

6. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem getting vertical bar with British keyboard layout on US (physical) keyboard

Hi, I've got a bit of a ridiculous problem and wasn't sure where to post it. I need to use the vertical bar for piping in Bash but, as per the title, am using a UK layout on a US (physical) keyboard which doesn't have a key for it in the place I'd expect. I've tried using xbindkeys and Unicode... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crunchgargoyle
7 Replies
BF-model-EDITOR(1)					      General Commands Manual						BF-model-EDITOR(1)

NAME
bf-model-editor -- The model editor for the Bear Engine. SYNOPSIS
bf-model-editor [-h] [--log-concise] [--log-file=file] [--log-level=string] [--log-uniq] [-c] [-u] file(s) ... DESCRIPTION
This program is the model editor for the Bear Engine. This is a part of the Bear Factory. OPTIONS
The following options can be passed to the program: -c, --compile Compile the files and exit. -h, --help Show summary of options. --log-file=file Write log output in "file". --log-level=string Output log messages up to a given level, among "error", "warning" and "verbose". -u, --update Open and save the model files. -v, --version Print the version of the editor and exit. SEE ALSO
running-bear(6), bf-animation-editor(1), bf-level-editor(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Julien Jorge julien.jorge@gamned.org. Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL. BF-model-EDITOR(1)