Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Assigning Domain Server Breaks rlogin Post 302636401 by herot on Monday 7th of May 2012 11:17:04 AM
Old 05-07-2012
We do use NAT. There is no route to the internet from the 0.0 . There is NAT between the 10.0 and the internet via the 2 Gateways (Untangle, dd-wrt). I am very aware of the addressing problem as I stated in my last post ("I am aware of the public ip addressing problem. I will fix this someday soon. I inherited this network."). I plan to change all the 192's to 10's but it is a huge project and I have a lot of planning to do first. For now, NAT is keeping us from having any problems from that.

Smilie

wouldn't traceroute show something weird if this was causing us problems?

Code:
$ traceroute ibby                                                       
trying to get source for ibby                                             
source should be 192.0.0.60                                                 
traceroute to ibby (192.0.0.22) from 192.0.0.60 (192.0.0.60), 30 hops max 
outgoing MTU = 1500                                                         
 1  ibby (192.0.0.22)  1 ms  0 ms  0 ms

Last edited by zaxxon; 05-09-2012 at 04:50 AM.. Reason: code tags, see PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

DCHP server assigning a wrong Address

Pls could you help me diagnose my problem. I have a system which is a DHCP server and also the Remote Access Server. The DHCP server allocate normal address within the scope range to the LAN system. why it allocates abitrary number such as 169.254.217.90 255.255.0.0 class B address to the remote... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kayode
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

block certain domain from sending mail to server

hi currently i have a server that is able to send out and receive mail. is there a way to configure the server such that mails can be sent to a certain domail like abc@yahoo.com but block mails from this domain abc@yahoo.com. the server is running on solaris 10. thanks in advance :) (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: legato
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mail server in home network and without domain name

Hi peeps, I want to learn how to configure mail servers, I am in private network, I am running debian 4.0, practically I have tried courier-mta, courier-imap, postfix, and sendmail. sometimes I am able to send mail and not able to connect to my imap server which is localhost, sometimes I am... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: squid04
1 Replies

4. IP Networking

domain linux server, open ports?

Hi all - i currently run a domain strifex.net. This domain has a dedicated IP address and in having that, should be able to run a ventrilo VoIP server from it. I uploaded all the needed files etc... and am able to connect to it, if and only if i enable DMZ to my local machine - then i am able to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccfc1986
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Assigning two hostname to single server

Hi All, Is there any option where in I can assign the two hostname to single system. Thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarmani
6 Replies

6. Solaris

Assigning cryptographic resources to the control domain

Sun documentation suggests that we need to assign cryptographic resources to the control domain as part of the initial configuration. I searched the documentation to better understand the purpose of this and know recommendation/limitation. I am doing this for Netra T5220 and wondering if the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

Domain name server installation issue in centOS

HI All, I am trying to setup DNS on my centOS server. I am using bind software to setup DNS. The following errors have getting. ================================================== Error in named configuration: zone localdomain/IN: loaded serial 42 zone localhost/IN: loaded serial 42... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: phpconnect
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Joining the Linux server to a Windows AD domain

Hi , I have a domain contoso.com, which is created by Windows AD, i have a linux server which i want to join to this domain. Linux server-: RHEL 5.3 ******Info of the windows domain************* AD server- Windows 2008 r2 server. Please help me to join this linux server to the windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shroh
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Solaris 11 server as Primary Domain Controller

Hi, All of our servers run Solaris (currently 10, but looking to upgrade to 11). In each of our offices we have a server configured as a Primary Domain Controller via Samba to provide naming services to our Windoze users. I would like to continue with that arrangement, but I would also like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wgkorb
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Page breaks and line breaks

Hi All, Need an urgent solution to an issue . We have created a ksh file or shell script which generates 1 DAT file. the DAT file contains extract of a select statement . Now the issue is , when we are executing the ksh file , the output is coimng with page breaks and line breaks . We have... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ayaskant
4 Replies
GRE(4)							   BSD Kernel Interfaces Manual 						    GRE(4)

NAME
gre -- encapsulating network device SYNOPSIS
To compile the driver into the kernel, place the following line in the kernel configuration file: device gre Alternatively, to load the driver as a module at boot time, place the following line in loader.conf(5): if_gre_load="YES" DESCRIPTION
The gre network interface pseudo device encapsulates datagrams into IP. These encapsulated datagrams are routed to a destination host, where they are decapsulated and further routed to their final destination. The ``tunnel'' appears to the inner datagrams as one hop. gre interfaces are dynamically created and destroyed with the ifconfig(8) create and destroy subcommands. This driver corresponds to RFC 2784. Encapsulated datagrams are prepended an outer datagram and a GRE header. The GRE header specifies the type of the encapsulated datagram and thus allows for tunneling other protocols than IP. GRE mode is also the default tunnel mode on Cisco routers. gre also supports Cisco WCCP protocol, both version 1 and version 2. The gre interfaces support a number of additional parameters to the ifconfig(8): grekey Set the GRE key used for outgoing packets. A value of 0 disables the key option. enable_csum Enables checksum calculation for outgoing packets. enable_seq Enables use of sequence number field in the GRE header for outgoing packets. EXAMPLES
192.168.1.* --- Router A -------tunnel-------- Router B --- 192.168.2.* / / +------ the Internet ------+ Assuming router A has the (external) IP address A and the internal address 192.168.1.1, while router B has external address B and internal address 192.168.2.1, the following commands will configure the tunnel: On router A: ifconfig greN create ifconfig greN inet 192.168.1.1 192.168.2.1 ifconfig greN inet tunnel A B route add -net 192.168.2 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1 On router B: ifconfig greN create ifconfig greN inet 192.168.2.1 192.168.1.1 ifconfig greN inet tunnel B A route add -net 192.168.1 -netmask 255.255.255.0 192.168.1.1 NOTES
The MTU of gre interfaces is set to 1476 by default, to match the value used by Cisco routers. This may not be an optimal value, depending on the link between the two tunnel endpoints. It can be adjusted via ifconfig(8). For correct operation, the gre device needs a route to the decapsulating host that does not run over the tunnel, as this would be a loop. The kernel must be set to forward datagrams by setting the net.inet.ip.forwarding sysctl(8) variable to non-zero. SEE ALSO
gif(4), inet(4), ip(4), me(4), netintro(4), protocols(5), ifconfig(8), sysctl(8) A description of GRE encapsulation can be found in RFC 2784 and RFC 2890. AUTHORS
Andrey V. Elsukov <ae@FreeBSD.org> Heiko W.Rupp <hwr@pilhuhn.de> BUGS
The current implementation uses the key only for outgoing packets. Incoming packets with a different key or without a key will be treated as if they would belong to this interface. The sequence number field also used only for outgoing packets. BSD
November 7, 2014 BSD