Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming mysql query multiple records for one field Post 302636305 by vestport on Monday 7th of May 2012 09:11:41 AM
Old 05-07-2012
Sorry for the questions. I know this is basic stuff. I use RAD software for development and doing anything extra like this is off the wall for me.

Thank you once again!

ArtSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash assign mysql query single field to variable

I'm running a bash script query and assigning the output to a variable like this: exists=`mysql -u $USER_NAME --password=$PASSWORD -D "somedb" \ -e "SELECT * FROM somedb.sometable WHERE field1 ='$a' \ AND field2 ='$b' LIMIT 0 , 30";` which returns something like: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

3. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql query for multiple columns from multiple tables in a DB

Say I have two tables like below.. status HId sName dName StartTime EndTime 1 E E 9:10 10:10 2 E F 9:15 10:15 3 G H 9:17 10:00 logic Id devName capacity free Line 1 E 123 34 1 2 E 345 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

5. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting record into multiple records by appending values from an input field (AWK)

Hello, For the input file, I am trying to split those records which have multiple values seperated by '|' in the last input field, into multiple records and each record corresponds to the common input fields + one of the value from the last field. I was trying with an example on this forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaz99
4 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

MYSQL Query for last twelve months of records

Hi I am trying to run a MYSQL query to display all records within a 12 month period. I have to use from_unixtime function to great a date object. select call_start_time from call_detail_records where call_start_time IN ( select from_unixtime(call_start_time) from call_detail_records ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies
MSSQL_QUERY(3)															    MSSQL_QUERY(3)

mssql_query - Send MS SQL query

SYNOPSIS
mixed mssql_query (string $query, [resource $link_identifier], [int $batch_size]) DESCRIPTION
mssql_query(3) sends a query to the currently active database on the server that's associated with the specified link identifier. PARAMETERS
o $query - An SQL query. o $link_identifier - A MS SQL link identifier, returned by mssql_connect(3) or mssql_pconnect(3). If the link identifier isn't specified, the last opened link is assumed. If no link is open, the function tries to establish a link as if mssql_connect(3) was called, and use it. o $batch_size - The number of records to batch in the buffer. RETURN VALUES
Returns a MS SQL result resource on success, TRUE if no rows were returned, or FALSE on error. EXAMPLES
Example #1 mssql_query(3) example <?php // Connect to MSSQL $link = mssql_connect('KALLESPCSQLEXPRESS', 'sa', 'phpfi'); if (!$link || !mssql_select_db('php', $link)) { die('Unable to connect or select database!'); } // Do a simple query, select the version of // MSSQL and print it. $version = mssql_query('SELECT @@VERSION'); $row = mssql_fetch_array($version); echo $row[0]; // Clean up mssql_free_result($version); ?> NOTES
Note If the query returns multiple results then it is necessary to fetch all results by mssql_next_result(3) or free the results by mssql_free_result(3) before executing next query. SEE ALSO
mssql_select_db(3), mssql_connect(3). PHP Documentation Group MSSQL_QUERY(3)