Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming mysql query multiple records for one field Post 302636305 by vestport on Monday 7th of May 2012 09:11:41 AM
Old 05-07-2012
Sorry for the questions. I know this is basic stuff. I use RAD software for development and doing anything extra like this is off the wall for me.

Thank you once again!

ArtSmilie

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to query one to many mysql

Hi there, I have a hierarchical database that include 4 tables. Table A is the parent of B, B is Parent of C, C is parent of D. If I want to query everything in D that is associated with A.name, how do I do that? Thanks! YanYan (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: pinkgladiator
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash assign mysql query single field to variable

I'm running a bash script query and assigning the output to a variable like this: exists=`mysql -u $USER_NAME --password=$PASSWORD -D "somedb" \ -e "SELECT * FROM somedb.sometable WHERE field1 ='$a' \ AND field2 ='$b' LIMIT 0 , 30";` which returns something like: echo... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: unclecameron
2 Replies

3. Web Development

mysql query help

hello all i have 2 columns every column in the following format column1 2011-04-01 11:39:54 column2 2019-02-03 00:00:00 i want get difference between above data as following 2 days 11:39 how to do so ? i tried many functions but nothing works please advice what is the query... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mogabr
6 Replies

4. Web Development

mysql query for multiple columns from multiple tables in a DB

Say I have two tables like below.. status HId sName dName StartTime EndTime 1 E E 9:10 10:10 2 E F 9:15 10:15 3 G H 9:17 10:00 logic Id devName capacity free Line 1 E 123 34 1 2 E 345 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ilan
3 Replies

5. Programming

mysql query help

Hello i have created mysql query to compare to values and get difference in percentage as following: SELECT file_name, 100 - ((100 * (SELECT file_count FROM xipi_files z WHERE x.file_group = z.file_group AND x.file_name = z.file_name AND z.insert_date = CURDATE( ) - INTERVAL 1 DAY)) /... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mogabr
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Splitting record into multiple records by appending values from an input field (AWK)

Hello, For the input file, I am trying to split those records which have multiple values seperated by '|' in the last input field, into multiple records and each record corresponds to the common input fields + one of the value from the last field. I was trying with an example on this forum... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imtiaz99
4 Replies

7. Programming

Need help in mysql query

Hi All, i have a table in mysql with the following data Table name Test Assettype Serial_No Status location Mouse 123456 In Stock chennai Mouse 98765 Allocated chennai Keyboard ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkitesh
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

MYSQL Query for last twelve months of records

Hi I am trying to run a MYSQL query to display all records within a 12 month period. I have to use from_unixtime function to great a date object. select call_start_time from call_detail_records where call_start_time IN ( select from_unixtime(call_start_time) from call_detail_records ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mojoman
3 Replies
MYSQLI_FETCH_ASSOC(3)							 1						     MYSQLI_FETCH_ASSOC(3)

mysqli_result::fetch_assoc - Fetch a result row as an associative array

Object oriented style

SYNOPSIS
array mysqli_result::fetch_assoc (void ) DESCRIPTION
Procedural style array mysqli_fetch_assoc (mysqli_result $result) Returns an associative array that corresponds to the fetched row or NULL if there are no more rows. Note Field names returned by this function are case-sensitive. Note This function sets NULL fields to the PHP NULL value. PARAMETERS
o $ result -Procedural style only: A result set identifier returned by mysqli_query(3), mysqli_store_result(3) or mysqli_use_result(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns an associative array of strings representing the fetched row in the result set, where each key in the array represents the name of one of the result set's columns or NULL if there are no more rows in resultset. If two or more columns of the result have the same field names, the last column will take precedence. To access the other column(s) of the same name, you either need to access the result with numeric indices by using mysqli_fetch_row(3) or add alias names. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Object oriented style <?php $mysqli = new mysqli("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if ($mysqli->connect_errno) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", $mysqli->connect_error); exit(); } $query = "SELECT Name, CountryCode FROM City ORDER by ID DESC LIMIT 50,5"; if ($result = $mysqli->query($query)) { /* fetch associative array */ while ($row = $result->fetch_assoc()) { printf ("%s (%s) ", $row["Name"], $row["CountryCode"]); } /* free result set */ $result->free(); } /* close connection */ $mysqli->close(); ?> Example #2 Procedural style <?php $link = mysqli_connect("localhost", "my_user", "my_password", "world"); /* check connection */ if (mysqli_connect_errno()) { printf("Connect failed: %s ", mysqli_connect_error()); exit(); } $query = "SELECT Name, CountryCode FROM City ORDER by ID DESC LIMIT 50,5"; if ($result = mysqli_query($link, $query)) { /* fetch associative array */ while ($row = mysqli_fetch_assoc($result)) { printf ("%s (%s) ", $row["Name"], $row["CountryCode"]); } /* free result set */ mysqli_free_result($result); } /* close connection */ mysqli_close($link); ?> The above examples will output: Pueblo (USA) Arvada (USA) Cape Coral (USA) Green Bay (USA) Santa Clara (USA) Example #3 A mysqli_result example comparing iterator usage <?php $c = mysqli_connect('127.0.0.1','user', 'pass'); // Using iterators (support was added with PHP 5.4) foreach ( $c->query('SELECT user,host FROM mysql.user') as $row ) { printf("'%s'@'%s' ", $row['user'], $row['host']); } echo " ================== "; // Not using iterators $result = $c->query('SELECT user,host FROM mysql.user'); while ($row = $result->fetch_assoc()) { printf("'%s'@'%s' ", $row['user'], $row['host']); } ?> The above example will output something similar to: ================== SEE ALSO
mysqli_fetch_array(3), mysqli_fetch_row(3), mysqli_fetch_object(3), mysqli_query(3), mysqli_data_seek(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQLI_FETCH_ASSOC(3)