Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk output error while loop through array Post 302636251 by jlliagre on Monday 7th of May 2012 08:01:59 AM
Old 05-07-2012
The script is working fine but its if (nr[$1] != i) test in the END clause is more than dubious.
You are explicitly excluding the line(s) which second field is equal to the second field of the last line read, here 10 6

Last edited by jlliagre; 05-07-2012 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: grammar

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

move output of awk to array

Hi experts, I have a the following awk command, awk '{print $1}' /users/jon/list4.txt. The output is 123 787 888 ... ... I want to move the output to array using shell programming. My shell is tcsh. Is it possible to move to array using shell porg? I know its possible in... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitrajvarma
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash:awk output into an array

Hi, I have a file 1:apple orange:one 2:banana:two 3:cherry:3 When I do awk -F: ' { print $2 } ' file apple orange banana cherry Now, when i redirect awk output to the file it has issue with strings #!/bin/bash FILEA=file A=(`awk -F: ' { print $2 } ' $FILEA `) echo ${A} (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phamp008
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with awk in array in while loop

Hi everyone:) I have 2 files - IN & OUT. Example: IN A:13:30 B:45:40 . . . UNLIMITED OUT Z:12:24 Y:20:15 . . . UNLIMITED I want first row of numbers of IN - OUT. Example 13-12 45-20 My code is (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vincyoxy
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Loop on array variable returning error: 0 not found

I'm guessing i have a syntax error. I'm not sure it get's past the the while condition. I get an error 0 not found. Simple loop not sure what I'm doing wrong. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -A MtPtArray /u03 /u06 tUbound=${#MtPtArray } echo $tUbound i=0 while ($i -lt $tUbound) do print... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: KME
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting awk array output?

Hi all, I have a script which produces a nice table but I want to sort it on column 3. This is the output line in the script: # Output { FS = ":"; format = "%11s %6s %-16s\n"; prinft "\n" printf ( format, "Size","Count","Who" ) } for (i in... (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: Cowardly
21 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Array output through a for loop problematic with multiple elements.

This code works perfect when using a machine with only one interface online. (Excluding the loopback of course) But when I have other interface up for vmware or a vpn the output gets mixed up. I know I had this working when I was just reading ip's from files so I know it is not a problem with... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Azrael
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need to have output of AWK array in one line

I have this code echo $logfile | awk ' {arr++; next} END { for (i in arr) {print i} }' that gives me this output result1 result2 result3 I try to figure out how to get it like this result1 result2 result3 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sorting output of AWK array

I need help to sort the output of an awk array Example datadata="1 blue 2 green 3 blue 4 yellow 5 blue 6 red 7 yellow 8 red 9 yellow 10 yellow 11 green 12 orange 13 black" My awk line to get output in one lineecho "$data" | awk ' {arr++; next} END { for (i in arr) { if(arr>1 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk script: loop through array

I have a large file where I want to extract the data by using awk script. I have made a small sample of the input data. I have in the awk script two condition . The first one is to collect the initial time and the second one to collect the end time. I stored the difference between (Time=end-start)... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk loop using array:wish to store array values from loop for use outside loop

Here's my code: awk -F '' 'NR==FNR { if (/time/ && $5>10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":"($5-01) else if (/time/ && $5<01) A=$2" "$3":"$4-01":"(59-$5) else if (/time/ && $5<=10) A=$2" "$3":"$4":0"($5-01) else if (/close/) { B=0 n1=n2; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: klane
2 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)