Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with character by character reading Post 302635851 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 6th of May 2012 12:23:46 PM
Old 05-06-2012
What is the exact error?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

reading a single character in C

Can anyone help me????? My problem is that i want to read only one charcter from keyboard. Each time my program waits to press enter or ^d. I don't want that. As soon as i press a charcter it should proceed to next statement in program without pressing enter or ^d. please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alodha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading password and echo * character

Hi, First of all i am using solaris 10. I want to write a script that ask user to enter password and read the character input from keyboard. The ask to re-enter the password and then if they are match it will accept. But my problem is I want to echo a '*' character instead of the character I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: alanpachuau
4 Replies

3. Programming

Strange character added when reading to buffer with length of 12

Hi all, I got trouble with reading and writing ( to standard input/output, file, socket whatever...). I will briefly describe it by giving this example. I want to read a long string from keyboard but i don't know how long it is b4. So i need to know the number of character i will read first.... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazan_007
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

read in a file character by character - replace any unknown ASCII characters with spa

Can someone help me to write a script / command to read in a file, character by character, replace any unknown ASCII characters with space. then write out the file to a new filename/ Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghav525
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

reading password and echoing '*' character on console

hi all, I am using HP-UX system. I want echoing * characters while reading password through keyboard instead of blank space. can u help me for that code? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hari_uctech
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Deleting all characters from 350th character to 450th character from the log file

Hi All, I have a big log file i want to delete all characters (between 350th to 450th characters) starting at 350th character position to 450th character position. please advice or sample code. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajeshorpu
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a single character from each line of the file

Hi, I should read one character at a fixed position from each line of the file. So how ??? should be substituted in the code below: while read line ; do single_char=`???` echo "$single_char" done < $input_file (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsii
8 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading character by character - BASH

Hello every one and thanks in advance for the time you will take to think about my problem. I would like to know if it's possible (in BASH) to read a text file character after character. Exactly this is what I would like to do : Txt file : ATGCAGTTCATTGCCAAA...... (~2.5 millions... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sluvah
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Preserve spaces while reading character character

Hi All, I am trying to read a file character by character, #!/bin/bash while read -n1 char; do echo -e "$char\c" done < /home/shak/testprogram/words Newyork is a very good city. Newyorkisaverygoodcityforliving I need to preserve the spaces as thats an... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kingcobra
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or traili

Hi, Anyone can help using SED searches a character string for a specified delimiter character, and returns a leading or trailing space/blank. Text file : "1"|"ExternalClassDEA519CF5"|"Art1" "2"|"ExternalClass563EA516C"|"Art3" "3"|"ExternalClass305ED16B8"|"Art9" ... ... ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fspalero
2 Replies
Tcl_PkgRequire(3)					      Tcl Library Procedures						 Tcl_PkgRequire(3)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
Tcl_PkgRequire, Tcl_PkgRequireEx, Tcl_PkgPresent, Tcl_PkgPresentEx, Tcl_PkgProvide, Tcl_PkgProvideEx - package version control SYNOPSIS
#include <tcl.h> CONST char * Tcl_PkgRequire(interp, name, version, exact) CONST char * Tcl_PkgRequireEx(interp, name, version, exact, clientDataPtr) CONST char * Tcl_PkgPresent(interp, name, version, exact) CONST char * Tcl_PkgPresentEx(interp, name, version, exact, clientDataPtr) int Tcl_PkgProvide(interp, name, version) int Tcl_PkgProvideEx(interp, name, version, clientData) ARGUMENTS
Tcl_Interp *interp (in) Interpreter where package is needed or available. CONST char *name (in) Name of package. CONST char *version (in) A version string consisting of one or more decimal numbers separated by dots. int exact (in) Non-zero means that only the particular version specified by version is acceptable. Zero means that newer versions than version are also acceptable as long as they have the same major version number as version. ClientData clientData (in) Arbitrary value to be associated with the package. ClientData *clientDataPtr (out) Pointer to place to store the value associated with the matching package. It is only changed if the pointer is not NULL and the function completed successfully. _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
These procedures provide C-level interfaces to Tcl's package and version management facilities. Tcl_PkgRequire is equivalent to the package require command, Tcl_PkgPresent is equivalent to the package present command, and Tcl_PkgPro- vide is equivalent to the package provide command. See the documentation for the Tcl commands for details on what these procedures do. If Tcl_PkgPresent or Tcl_PkgRequire complete successfully they return a pointer to the version string for the version of the package that is provided in the interpreter (which may be different than version); if an error occurs they return NULL and leave an error message in the interpreter's result. Tcl_PkgProvide returns TCL_OK if it completes successfully; if an error occurs it returns TCL_ERROR and leaves an error message in the interpreter's result. Tcl_PkgProvideEx, Tcl_PkgPresentEx and Tcl_PkgRequireEx allow the setting and retrieving of the client data associated with the package. In all other respects they are equivalent to the matching functions. KEYWORDS
package, present, provide, require, version Tcl 7.5 Tcl_PkgRequire(3)