Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Excluding a directory
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Excluding a directory Post 302635437 by vanessafan99 on Friday 4th of May 2012 10:54:10 PM
Old 05-04-2012
Excluding a directory

i want to search files in public_html of all users and exclude any directories named "uploads" or "albums" (because there are many files in these), just skip them completely

now im doing something like

Code:
find /home/*/public_html -regex ".*\(php\|html\|htm\)$" -path albums -prune -o -type f -print0 | xargs -0 grep -iE 'keyword"

but it's not working to skip over albums directories

the path of albums can be in any level

Code:
/home/user/public_html/something/albums

or
Code:
/home/user/public_html/albums

or
Code:
/home/user/public_html/something/somethingelse/albums

thanks in advance for any answers

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

find excluding a directory and a file

Hi I have some 5 folders and two files in the current directory. I want to delete all, expect one folder(files in the folder too should not be deleted) and a file in the current directory. Lets say the folder and file that should not be deleted as 'a'(folder name) and 'b'(file name). Can you... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ammu
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find Files in a Directory Excluding Subdirectories

Hi, I have a filename Location.txt in a directory /abc. Similar name file is present in its subdirectory /abc/xyz. I want to find the file which is present only in /abc and not in /abc/xyz. Please any1 of u can provide a quick suggestion. Its very urgent. Thanks, Amol (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amol_Dicholkar
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

excluding root directory when searching

I'm writing a script that executes over several subdirectories that looks like this: cd companies #find . -print -type d | find . -type d -print | while read dirname do cd $dirname # run your code at this point if ; then #do somthing else #do something else fi... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: melearlin
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Need help in excluding a particular directory using Find commad

Hi, I have a directory structure as below /home/gad/Merl/a/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/b/a1.txt /home/gad/Merl/c/a1.txt How can I find the file a1.txt but not from directory 'a' and it(the filw) should loaded 6 days ago.. Can any one pls help,quick reply much appriciated.. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jagadish_gaddam
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find all files for a user, excluding a directory

I have been searching, and cannot find an answer for this. I am trying to find all files for a user, lets call him (test001), and I want to exclude a specific directory. Here is the command I run, it finds all files: find / -user test001 I get this result: > find / -user test001 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2x4
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Excluding directory during deleting

Hi all, I'm trying to work on a script to delete files older then 31 day's in certain directories. Now, that works, but in one directory there are 3 other maps which contains files that can be deleted but one map which contains files that can't be deleted. My current command is: find... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: JasperG
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

excluding a directory with chown, chmod

does anyone know how to exclude a directory with chown or chmod? im trying to do something like this chown $username:$username $directory/* chown $username:$username $directory/.* chown $username:$username $directory and find $directory/* -type f -exec... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanessafan99
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding new file, but excluding directory..

hi, I need to find files that have been created less than 3 days ago. However, I need to only search specific directories. I've searched about the net and found some useful commands such as : find . -type d -name 'dir_to_exclude' -prune -o -print -mtime -3 however I cannot get it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

9. AIX

Excluding directory in my tar Backup

Hello AIX experts. Hope this topic finds you well :) Now, I will take a backup for a directory called medcbs. Inside this directory 1 subdirectory I don't want to include it in the backup. So, how to exclude it? To be more clear, take a look to the following: /bossapp1/medcbs>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohannad
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find file with extension and excluding directory

Hi, I have an inquiry on how do I use the find command in Solaris Unix to find some file ends with extension : txt, err in the root directory with modified date of 30days and this find command will also need to exclude b directory and its subdirectory. All the files from the above find criteria... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: snowfrost88
5 Replies
IRSEND(1)								FSF								 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.8.7pre1 May 2010 IRSEND(1)