Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parse input -AWK
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parse input -AWK Post 302634849 by Scrutinizer on Friday 4th of May 2012 01:01:29 AM
Old 05-04-2012
Alternatively:
Code:
awk '$0~"^"$1{print x}1' infile |
awk '/^Defined|^Effective/{t=$1":"} $1=="cfg:" && $2~/^CLL_/{m=$2":"} /^zone/{$1=t m;sub(OFS,x);gsub(/;/,x); print}' RS= OFS=,

This User Gave Thanks to Scrutinizer For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK unable to parse

awk -v new=" " ' substr($0, 17, 3) == "ABC" && substr($0, 52, 8) == "00000000" { tr=substr($0, 20, 10); ap=substr($0, 30, 2); ver=substr($0, 32, 2); irver=substr($0, 34, 2); ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: COD
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to parse/split input string and display the tokens

Hi, How do I parse/split lines (strings) read from a file and display the individual tokens in a shell script? Given that the length of individual lines is not constant and number of tokens in each line is also not constant. The input file could be as below: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yajaykumar
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

parse long input parameters

anybody know a nice way to parse long input parameters such as --path /dir1/dir2/ (see below). Now I have more than 10 input parameters and it's confusing having parameters like -q something, I would prefer longer ones case $OPTKEY in --path) M_PATH=$OPTARG ;; -s) ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: larne
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse file using awk and work in awk output

hi guys, i want to parse a file using public function, the file contain raw data in the below format i want to get the output like this to load it to Oracle DB MARWA1,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 MARWA2,BSS:26,1,3,0,0,0,0,0.00,22,22,22.00 this the file raw format: Number of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dagigg
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file with awk?

Hi guys (and gals). I need some help. I'm running an IVR purely on Asterisk where I capture the DTMFs. After pulsing each DTMF I have Asterisk write to a file with whatever was dialed (mostly used for record-keeping) and at the end of the survey I write all variables in a single line to a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tulf210
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash Script for parse input like option and value

I would create a bash script than parse like this: test.sh -p (protocol) -i (address) -d (directory) I need retrive the value after -p for example... understand??? I hope... thanks (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ionral
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse find input into array

I need help parsing the output of find into an array. I need to search 3 directories and find all files older than 31 days old. This is what I have so far. TIME=" -maxdepth 1 -mtime +31" DIR1="/dir1/" DIR2="/dir2/" DIR3="/dir3/" FIND_DIR1=$(find ${DIR1}${TIME}) FIND_DIR3=$(find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jrymer
8 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse a file using awk

Hi Experts, I am trying to parse the following file; FILEA a|b|c|c|c|c a|b|d|d|d|d e|f|a|a|a|a e|f|b|b|b|boutput expected: a<TAB>b <TAB><TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB>c<TAB> <TAB><TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB>d<TAB> e<TAB>f <TAB><TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB>a<TAB> <TAB><TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>b<TAB>*... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajangupta2387
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parse input of two files to be the same in awk

I have two files that I am going to use diff to find the differences but need to parse them before I do that. I have include the format of each file1 and file2 with the desired output of each (the first 5 fields in each file). The first file has a "chr" before the # that needs to be removed. I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

User input and run awk using the input

I am trying to allow a user to enter in text and then store that text in a variable $gene to run in an awk command in which those values are used to run some calculations. I am getting syntax errors however, when I try. Thank you :). The awk runs great if it is a pre-defined file that is used,... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
7 Replies
PAPS(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   PAPS(1)

NAME
paps - UTF-8 to PostScript converter using Pango SYNOPSIS
paps [options] files... DESCRIPTION
paps reads a UTF-8 encoded file and generates a PostScript language rendering of the file. The rendering is done by creating outline curves through the pango ft2 backend. OPTIONS
These programs follow the usual GNU command line syntax, with long options starting with two dashes (`-'). A summary of options is included below. --landscape Landscape output. Default is portrait. --columns=cl Number of columns output. Default is 1. --font=desc Set the font description. Default is Monospace 12. --rtl Do rtl layout. --paper ps Choose paper size. Known paper sizes are legal, letter, a4. Default is A4. --bottom-margin=bm Set bottom margin in postscript points (1/72 inch). Default is 36. --top-margin=tm Set top margin. Default is 36. --left-margin=lm Set left margin. Default is 36. --right-margin=rm Set right margin. Default is 36. --help Show summary of options. --header Draw page header for each page. --markup Interpret the text as pango markup. --encoding=ENCODING Assume the documentation encoding is ENCODING. --lpi Set the lines per inch. This determines the line spacing. --cpi Set the characters per inch. This is an alternative method of specifying the font size. --stretch-chars Indicates that characters should be stretched in the y-direction to fill up their vertical space. This is similar to the texttops behaviour. AUTHOR
paps was written by Dov Grobgeld <dov.grobgeld@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by Lior Kaplan <kaplan@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). April 17, 2006 PAPS(1)