Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Client helps bash + awk
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP Client helps bash + awk Post 302634747 by arnolkat on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 06:36:09 PM
Old 05-03-2012
Correct the client begins sent, then just freezes or finishes sending or send any error message that can capture, if you know how I do it by any chance or you have this code snippet.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin + XFree86 FTP Client

Does anyone know of a decent Darwin + XFree86 FT client package? Obviously a precompiled file is better than binary, but I'll take what I can get. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

4. Linux

ftp server/client buffers

Hi all, and again, I need help by you :-) I am using RH Advanced Server 2.1 with the defaukt wu-ftpd deamon. Now i want to tune the speed of my ftp transfers, but for this I need to increase the buffers for reading/writing from/to a filesystem and the sending/receiving buffers of the network.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

6. Solaris

A good ftp client

Can anyone please suggest a agood ftp client(GUI) which would support sftp ...on solaris. I badly need it. I keep doing the transfers frequently, and some of them are binary and I am not sure how I change the mode to binary. To avoid this and other hassles, it would help if i have a GUI client. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dummy FTP Client!

We're just about to start testing a new server build. The application has many FTP/SFTP connections going to different servers. I'd like to temporarily replace the FTP/SFTP binaries with a mock version that will allow us to run all our production code as is, but will prevent the FTPs from actually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client?

We have two HP-UX machines, both are B.11.31. When I FTP from the HP-UX boxes to a remote IBM server,- HP-UX 1: Connected to xxxx. 220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:24:39 on 2013-08-30. 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes. Name (xxxx:user): HP-UX 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CaptNemo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX FTP client

I am trying to transfer logs from Aix 6.1 to a linux appliance but it is not happening from last one month if i execute the batch command by command i can execute well but if i do it in shell script it is stuck without any error. Any one know how to generate a FTP client trace to know the issue... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ra8ul
10 Replies
PERLIVP(1)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						PERLIVP(1)

NAME
perlivp - Perl Installation Verification Procedure SYNOPSIS
perlivp [-p] [-v] [-h] DESCRIPTION
The perlivp program is set up at Perl source code build time to test the Perl version it was built under. It can be used after running: make install (or your platform's equivalent procedure) to verify that perl and its libraries have been installed correctly. A correct installation is verified by output that looks like: ok 1 ok 2 etc. OPTIONS
-h help Prints out a brief help message. -p print preface Gives a description of each test prior to performing it. -v verbose Gives more detailed information about each test, after it has been performed. Note that any failed tests ought to print out some extra information whether or not -v is thrown. DIAGNOSTICS
o print "# Perl binary '$perlpath' does not appear executable. "; Likely to occur for a perl binary that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl version '$]' installed, expected $ivp_VERSION. "; Likely to occur for a perl that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Perl @INC directory '$_' does not appear to exist. "; Likely to occur for a perl library tree that was not properly installed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Needed module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; One of the two modules that is used by perlivp was not present in the installation. This is a serious error since it adversely affects perlivp's ability to function. You may be able to correct this by performing a proper perl installation. o print "# Required module '$_' does not appear to be properly installed. "; An attempt to "eval "require $module"" failed, even though the list of extensions indicated that it should succeed. Correct by conducting a proper installation. o print "# Unnecessary module 'bLuRfle' appears to be installed. "; This test not coming out ok could indicate that you have in fact installed a bLuRfle.pm module or that the "eval " require "$module_name.pm"; "" test may give misleading results with your installation of perl. If yours is the latter case then please let the author know. o print "# file",+($#missing == 0) ? '' : 's'," missing from installation: "; One or more files turned up missing according to a run of "ExtUtils::Installed -> validate()" over your installation. Correct by conducting a proper installation. For further information on how to conduct a proper installation consult the INSTALL file that comes with the perl source and the README file for your platform. AUTHOR
Peter Prymmer perl v5.18.2 2018-08-17 PERLIVP(1)