Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: FTP Client helps bash + awk
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users FTP Client helps bash + awk Post 302634747 by arnolkat on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 06:36:09 PM
Old 05-03-2012
Correct the client begins sent, then just freezes or finishes sending or send any error message that can capture, if you know how I do it by any chance or you have this code snippet.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP Client

Is there any ftp CLIENT(either freeware or sharware) can support passive mode else ncftp? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolmans
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Darwin + XFree86 FTP Client

Does anyone know of a decent Darwin + XFree86 FT client package? Obviously a precompiled file is better than binary, but I'll take what I can get. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chenly
10 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ftp command line client

Hi! Does anyone of you know another good ftp command line Client like Midnight Commander? (not /usr/bin/ftp) Thanks. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: donald1111
5 Replies

4. Linux

ftp server/client buffers

Hi all, and again, I need help by you :-) I am using RH Advanced Server 2.1 with the defaukt wu-ftpd deamon. Now i want to tune the speed of my ftp transfers, but for this I need to increase the buffers for reading/writing from/to a filesystem and the sending/receiving buffers of the network.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: malcom
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Command line FTP Client

I'm looking for a FTP client that is similar to NCFTP in that I can run a full ftp command in one line without needing to access the client first then typing the ftp commands. Very simple request but I can't find any other tool like that, I have downloaded Kermit thinking I can use it to tranfer... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tamkag
3 Replies

6. Solaris

A good ftp client

Can anyone please suggest a agood ftp client(GUI) which would support sftp ...on solaris. I badly need it. I keep doing the transfers frequently, and some of them are binary and I am not sure how I change the mode to binary. To avoid this and other hassles, it would help if i have a GUI client. ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Naanu
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Dummy FTP Client!

We're just about to start testing a new server build. The application has many FTP/SFTP connections going to different servers. I'd like to temporarily replace the FTP/SFTP binaries with a mock version that will allow us to run all our production code as is, but will prevent the FTPs from actually... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JerryHone
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Implement FTP server on RHEL server without using FTP client

We have RHEL 5.8 in our environment, I had a query whether we can implement an FTP server using vsftpd package and Linux configurations like setsebool without using any external FTP clients like FileZilla etc. I am very confused on this. The FTP functionalities that should be present are download &... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: RHCE
3 Replies

9. HP-UX

Disable GSSAPI when using an FTP client?

We have two HP-UX machines, both are B.11.31. When I FTP from the HP-UX boxes to a remote IBM server,- HP-UX 1: Connected to xxxx. 220-FTPD1 IBM FTP CS V1R12 at R2, 12:24:39 on 2013-08-30. 220 Connection will close if idle for more than 15 minutes. Name (xxxx:user): HP-UX 2:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CaptNemo
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX FTP client

I am trying to transfer logs from Aix 6.1 to a linux appliance but it is not happening from last one month if i execute the batch command by command i can execute well but if i do it in shell script it is stuck without any error. Any one know how to generate a FTP client trace to know the issue... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ra8ul
10 Replies
GCIN(1) 						    gcin input method platform							   GCIN(1)

NAME
gcin - an input method server SYNOPSIS
gcin [-h|-v|--version] DESCRIPTION
gcin is an input method(IM) server, which focused mainly on Traditional Chinese. It is also very useful for Simplified Chinese, Japanese, and many other languages. IM table format of gcin is almost as same as those of scim and xcin. Users may append their IMs to gcin very eas- ily. The "g" of gcin means that it features a better GTK+ user interface. If you are looking for configuration tool of gcin, please see the manpage of gcin-tools. OPTIONS
-h, -v, --version Show version of gcin. FILES
/usr/share/gcin/table/gtab.list Input methods available for gcin. You may copy it to $HOME/.gcin/ and edit it as you like. If you have no $HOME/.gcin/gtab.list, /usr/share/gcin/table/gtab.list will be used. /usr/share/gcin/script/html-browser A file helps gcin finding html browsers when needed. You may add any compatible html browser to it. /usr/share/gcin/script/utf8-edit A file helps gcin finding text editors when needed. You may add any UTF-8 compatible text editor to it. ENVIRONMENT VARIABLES
LC_CTYPE For bash: export LC_CTYPE=zh_TW.UTF-8 For csh: setenv LC_CTYPE zh_TW.UTF-8 XMODIFIERS For bash: export XMODIFIERS=@im=gcin For csh: setenv XMODIFIERS @im=gcin GTK_IM_MODULE For bash: export GTK_IM_MODULE=gcin For csh: setenv GTK_IM_MODULE gcin QT_IM_MODULE For bash: export QT_IM_MODULE=gcin For csh: setenv QT_IM_MODULE gcin GCIN_CONNECT_MSG_ON Display messages for socket connections. GCIN_DBG_TMP Display additional debug messages. GCIN_ERR_COREDUMP Option for debugging. GCIN_IM_CLIENT_NO_AUTO_EXEC Disable auto-evoke in gcin protocol. GCIN_OUTPUT_FILTER Assign output filter to process data before the IM server send them to clients. GCIN_TABLE_DIR Assign directory for IM tables other then /usr/share/gcin/table. SEE ALSO
gcin-tools(1), gcin2tab(1), phoa2d(1), juyin-learn(1), gcin-message(1) AUTHORS
Edward Der-Hua Liu Wrote gcin and associated tools. Friend of Chanjei IM, Malaysia <www.chinesecj.com> Author of original Chanjei IM version 5 table. Dayi Co., Ltd. <http://www.dayi.com> Author of Dayi IM. GCIN 1.4.4 2 FEB 2008 GCIN(1)