Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming error in running script in cron tab Post 302634559 by jim mcnamara on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 01:19:46 PM
Old 05-03-2012
It is your problem. You don't have an explicit path, just a 'xmlfile.xml', for example.

Your PATH and all of the rest of your environment don't exist in cron unless you specifically ask for them. Create a new script foo.sh, use it in crontab instead of your php script.
Code:
. .profile
cd /path/to/where/xmlfile/will/live
# run the existing script here
/path/to/php/phpscript.php

Last edited by jim mcnamara; 05-03-2012 at 02:26 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in running shell script in cron

#!/bin/bash CLASSPATH=. #CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}home/squidlog/CopyFile.java CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}usr/java/latest/lib/*.jar javac CopyFile.java echo "CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH" #home/wbiadmin/JRE1.4.2/j2re1.4.2_15/bin/java CopyFile /usr/bin/java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sari
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with cron

I have the following script (trapsize) that checks a file size on my syslog server, and if the file is gt 6g, it will mail an alert to the admin for inspection. The following works like a champ when I execute ./trapsize logged in as root user using bash shell. FILESIZE=$(ls -l /opt2/fwsm/fwsm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running the script through cron jobs .Please help me on this

Hi Everyone, I have written a korn shell script to shutdown my documentum docbase server and to restart it automatically on a weekly basis. My script is, When i execute this script manually, i was able to execute it successfully without any issues. I have scheduled this script in cronjob... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Error while running on Cron

All, I am running one perl script from prompt and its running fine, but while putting it on cron gives below error, DB-Library error: Could not open interface file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running using cron

Hello All, I am running the below script.when i am running from shell or terminal its running fine but running using cron its not working. ################################ b36376 27 % cat make_nis_account_ankit.sh #!/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron tab script with parameters

hi, In a cron tab, can the command to be executed contain parametrs for the script too? E.g: ******* ./script.sh file fil2 > /dev/null Is the above valid one? Thanks You have 37 posts - you should know how and when to use code tags. You got a PM with instructions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script runs good manually but not through Cron tab

Hello Every one, I have a shell script which is running fine manually, but its giving me hard time when running tru cron job. :wall:. Am using #!/usr/bin/ksh >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh Cron Job is as below, it execues but dosent do what i want it to do. 47 15 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren.chowdhary
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running in cron

Hi All, I have a script which is running fine while triggered manually, However if I placed in crontab it throwing an error. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -vx lc=1 st_date=$(`date "+%Y%m%d"`) LOGFILE=/home/transfer.log.$st_date file="/home/OM_WF.log.$st_date" Manual run - lc=1 + lc=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab time generation script

Hi folks, Everyone knows about crontab, what i am looking for a script where i will define hour,minute and day and it will generate crontab complete time entry, i have seen many website generating crontab entry and my question is that is there any shell script that can do same work. 20 09... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running a script through cron job

Hi Team, When i am running the below query manually it is giving me the right output i.e. export PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:$PATH ADMIN=abc@abc.com CPU_HIGH=`sar|awk '{print $9}'|sort -n|head -5|sed -n 5p` CPU_MAX=`echo "scale=3; 100-$CPU_HIGH" | bc` CPU_LOW=`sar|awk '{print... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ekamjot
13 Replies
php-config(1)                                                   Scripting Language                                                   php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules installed on the Debian system --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO
php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 7.0.33-6+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+3. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2017 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2017 php-config(1)