Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: multiple action!
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting multiple action! Post 302634523 by Corona688 on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 12:35:33 PM
Old 05-03-2012
So you want to remove the second and third lines?

Code:
sed '2,3d' < input > output

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

action command

Hi.. When i refered the script /etc/rc.sysinit... i found the "action commands" like But this is not working in my shells.. the following error is coming... Please anybody help Thanks in advance esham (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: esham
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tracking user action

Hi, we are using solaris8. we have some files disappear. I would like to know how to track who and when the files was remove ??? thanks, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: xitrum
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

same action in then as in else: explanation?

in /etc/init.d/networking of an ubuntu computer, I found this code: if ifdown -a --exclude=lo; then log_action_end_msg $? else log_action_end_msg $? fi Shouldn't it be replace by ifdown -a --exclude=lo ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raphinou
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with find its action

I am writing a shell script that takes at least 2 arguments. The first is an octal representation of file permissions, the second is a command that is executed on all the files found with that permission. #!/bin/sh find . -perm $1 -exec $2 $3 $4 {} \; invoked: ./script.sh 543 ls -la what... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: computethis
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check date and do action

I would like to write a script to do such thing , if a directory have file that the extension is today (yymmdd), then do a specific action , I will run a cron job to run this script . For example Today is 2nd , if the directory have files which file name are abc.121102 and def.121102 ,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust3
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Action on all files in a folder

How can I do an action to all files in a specific folder? Do I use ls and a loop or something else? Does ls take folder location? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: locoroco
2 Replies
cfspeed(3C)															       cfspeed(3C)

NAME
cfgetospeed(), cfsetospeed(), cfgetispeed(), cfsetispeed() - tty baud rate functions SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
These functions set and get the input and output speed codes in the termios structure referenced by termios_p. The termios structure con- tains these speed codes representing input and output baud rates as well as other terminal related parameters. Setting the parameters on a terminal file does not become effective until is successfully called. returns the output speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. sets the output speed code in the termios structure referenced by termios_p to speed. The speed code for a baud rate of zero, is used to termi- nate the connection. If is specified, the modem control lines are no longer asserted, which normally discon- nects the line. returns the input speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. sets the input speed code in the termios structure referenced by termios_p to speed. RETURN VALUE
returns the output speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. returns the input speed code from the termios structure referenced by termios_p. and return zero upon successful completion. Otherwise, they return -1 and set to indicate the error. ERRORS
and fail when the following condition is encountered: [EINVAL] The value of speed is outside the range of possible speed codes as specified in WARNINGS
and can be used to set speed codes in the termios structure that are not supported by the terminal hardware. SEE ALSO
tcattribute(3C), thread_safety(5), termio(7). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
cfspeed(3C)