Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming error in running script in cron tab Post 302634301 by programAngel on Thursday 3rd of May 2012 07:16:24 AM
Old 05-03-2012
error in running script in cron tab

Hi I am running the following script in cron tab:
PHP Code:
#!/usr/local/bin/php
<?php
    $handle
=fopen('xmlfile.xml',"w");

$xmlfile=   file_get_contents('http://diur-plus.2me.co.il/xml.aspx');

fwrite($handle,$xmlfile);

fclose($handle);
/*
 * To change this template, choose Tools | Templates
 * and open the template in the editor.
 */
?>
And I get the error "No input file specified."
however when I run it manually from the browser: downloadfile.php then it work just well.

What is responsible for the problem in the cron tab?

I mean it does work properly when I send request to the server from my browser, so why the problem during the corn tab?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error in running shell script in cron

#!/bin/bash CLASSPATH=. #CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}home/squidlog/CopyFile.java CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:${INSTALL_PATH}usr/java/latest/lib/*.jar javac CopyFile.java echo "CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH" #home/wbiadmin/JRE1.4.2/j2re1.4.2_15/bin/java CopyFile /usr/bin/java... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sari
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with cron

I have the following script (trapsize) that checks a file size on my syslog server, and if the file is gt 6g, it will mail an alert to the admin for inspection. The following works like a champ when I execute ./trapsize logged in as root user using bash shell. FILESIZE=$(ls -l /opt2/fwsm/fwsm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: altamaha
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running the script through cron jobs .Please help me on this

Hi Everyone, I have written a korn shell script to shutdown my documentum docbase server and to restart it automatically on a weekly basis. My script is, When i execute this script manually, i was able to execute it successfully without any issues. I have scheduled this script in cronjob... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sheethal
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] Error while running on Cron

All, I am running one perl script from prompt and its running fine, but while putting it on cron gives below error, DB-Library error: Could not open interface file. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Deei
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script running using cron

Hello All, I am running the below script.when i am running from shell or terminal its running fine but running using cron its not working. ################################ b36376 27 % cat make_nis_account_ankit.sh #!/bin/ksh ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaincv
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Cron tab script with parameters

hi, In a cron tab, can the command to be executed contain parametrs for the script too? E.g: ******* ./script.sh file fil2 > /dev/null Is the above valid one? Thanks You have 37 posts - you should know how and when to use code tags. You got a PM with instructions. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pandeesh
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script runs good manually but not through Cron tab

Hello Every one, I have a shell script which is running fine manually, but its giving me hard time when running tru cron job. :wall:. Am using #!/usr/bin/ksh >echo $SHELL /usr/bin/ksh Cron Job is as below, it execues but dosent do what i want it to do. 47 15 * * *... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren.chowdhary
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script not running in cron

Hi All, I have a script which is running fine while triggered manually, However if I placed in crontab it throwing an error. #!/usr/bin/ksh set -vx lc=1 st_date=$(`date "+%Y%m%d"`) LOGFILE=/home/transfer.log.$st_date file="/home/OM_WF.log.$st_date" Manual run - lc=1 + lc=1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nag_sathi
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron tab time generation script

Hi folks, Everyone knows about crontab, what i am looking for a script where i will define hour,minute and day and it will generate crontab complete time entry, i have seen many website generating crontab entry and my question is that is there any shell script that can do same work. 20 09... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: learnbash
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Error while running a script through cron job

Hi Team, When i am running the below query manually it is giving me the right output i.e. export PATH=/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:$PATH ADMIN=abc@abc.com CPU_HIGH=`sar|awk '{print $9}'|sort -n|head -5|sed -n 5p` CPU_MAX=`echo "scale=3; 100-$CPU_HIGH" | bc` CPU_LOW=`sar|awk '{print... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ekamjot
13 Replies
NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)							 1							  NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)

nsapi_virtual - Perform an NSAPI sub-request

SYNOPSIS
bool nsapi_virtual (string $uri) DESCRIPTION
nsapi_virtual(3) is an NSAPI-specific function which is equivalent to <!--#include virtual...--> in SSI ( .shtml files). It does an NSAPI sub-request. It is useful for including CGI scripts or .shtml files, or anything else that you'd parse through webserver. To run the sub-request, all buffers are terminated and flushed to the browser, pending headers are sent too. You cannot make recursive requests with this function to other PHP scripts. If you want to include PHP scripts, use include(3) or require(3). Note This function depends on a undocumented feature of the Netscape/iPlanet/Sun webservers. Use phpinfo(3) to determine if it is avail- able. In the Unix environment it should always work, in Windows it depends on the name of a ns-httpdXX.dll file. Read the note about subrequests in the NSAPI section (UNIX, Windows) if you experience this problem. PARAMETERS
o $uri - The URI of the script. RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. PHP Documentation Group NSAPI_VIRTUAL(3)