Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing multiple variable in if statement Post 302633753 by Corona688 on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 11:40:02 AM
Old 05-02-2012
Also, why run ls 99 times instead of 1? You can do everything in one whack, and move the equality inside awk itself:

Code:
pushd /proc
PIDS=$(ls -ld ${array[*]} | awk -v INST="$inst1" '$7 == INST { print $NF }')
popd

echo $PIDS

Generating a simple list without the need for dynamic variables inside the shell.

If your needs are more complex than they appear -- do you need to compare inst2 as well? -- explain and I'll add it.
This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing values of same variable

Hello all while writing a small script , i got stuck with this simple thing.Hope you guyz can help. Iam trying to read password echo"enter password" read $pwd now i have to check this echo"enter password to proceed" read $pwd now i have to check both the values of the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolkid
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing multiple files in multiple subfolders

Hello, I am having a bit of hard time to get my head around this one. I really hope someone is out there to help me out! Background of my code: I am doing some automation where I am verifying multiple files in multiple sub folders and if they are all identical, I would echo a line with my test... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riz
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing a variable to a string

Hi, I am trying to write a script to show the status of a Network card. Variables: chosennic is a read variable statuss=`/sbin/ifconfig $chosennic | grep MTU | awk '{print $1}'` ipadd=`/sbin/ifconfig $chosennic | grep Bcast | awk '{print $2}' | awk -F : '{print $2}'`... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikejreading
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing multiple files

hi, quick question i have one file which join one file with reference one Looks like this: KB0000 KB207418 KB0001 KB244904 KB0002 KB215027 KB0003 KB215027 KB0004 KB215027 KB0005 KB204320 KB0006 KB207074 KB0007 KB215204 KB0008 KB223809 KB0009 KB236640 KB0010 KB244506 ....... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: karla
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple variables

Hi! I've come up with a ksh-script that produces one or more lists of hosts. At the and of the script, I would like to print only those hosts that exists in all the lists. Ex. HOSTS="host1 host2 host3 host11" HOSTS="host1 host2 host4" HOSTS="host2 host11" HOSTS="host2 host5 host6 host7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bugenhagen
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing multiple variables by 'if then'

Hi, I am a noob at shell scripting. basically I am trying to compare row counts from 8 tables in different databases. I have managed to get the row counts using awk from the spool files for both databases. now I have 16 variables with me for database 1 : $A $B $C $D $E $F $G... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: smallville
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

comparing variables in an if statement

#!/bin/bash #timetest TIMENOW="$(date)" T1=12:00:00 echo $TIMENOW >timenow cat timenow |cut -f4 -d' ' >time1 T2=$(sed -n "${1}p" time1) echo "T1 = " $T1 echo "T2 = " $T2 if then echo $T1 else echo $T2 fi I thought scripting was simple! So why does this script result in: T1 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: habuchas
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need help in comparing multiple columns from two files.

Hi all, I have two files as below. I need to compare field 2 of file 1 against field 1 of file 2 and field 5 of file 1 against filed 2 of file 2. If both matches , then create a result file 1 with first file data and if not matches , then create file with first fie data. Please help me in... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sivarajb
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing multiple files

I want to develop one unix script that will first match the multiple files on one server say A with multiple files on another server say B and copy those to server A. After that need to compare the contents of these 2 set of multiple files on different location on same server and generate the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Charnjeet Singh
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to apply the update statement in multiple servers on multiple dbs at a time .?

Hi , Can any please help the below requirement on all multiple servers and multiple dbs. update configuration set value='yes' ;1) the above statement apply on 31 Databases at a time on different Ip address eg : 10.104.1.12 (unix ip address ) the above ip box contains 4 db's eg : db... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkat918
2 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD