Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Skipping rows based on columns Post 302633717 by neutronscott on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 10:56:13 AM
Old 05-02-2012
Problem there is, what defines a field? Are those tabs? Because line 1 is 6 columns if you use space delimiter because of the space in "Dózsa György"

If they are tabs: awk -F'\t' 'NF==5'
If they are spaces: awk -F' *' 'NF==5'
That's 3 spaces before the asterisks, then each field is split by 2 or more spaces..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binning rows while skipping the first column

Hi I have a file that I want to bin. I am using this code: awk -F'\t' -v r=40 '{for(i=r;i<=NF;i+=r){for(j=0;j<r;j++){sum+=$(i-j)}printf "%s ", sum/r;sum=0}; printf "\n"}' file1 > file2 So basically what this code does is that it will averaging every 40 columns (creating bins of 40). But... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phil_heath
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Arrange output based on rows into columns

Hi All, I would like to ask help on how can i achieve below output. Inputfile: Oct11,apa1-daily,01:25:01 Oct11,apa2-daily,01:45:23 Oct12,apa1-daily,02:30:11 Oct12,apa2-daily,01:55:01 Oct13,apa1-off,01:43:34 Oct13,apa2-off,01:22:04 Desired output: Clients ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mars101
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Selecting rows based on values in columns

Hi My pipe delimited .txt file contains rows with 10 columns. Can anyone advise how I output to file only those rows with the letters ‘ci' as the first 2 characters in the 3rd column ? Many thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: malts18
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting rows from a text file based on the values of two columns (given ranges)

Hi, I have a tab delimited text file with multiple columns. The second and third columns include numbers that have not been sorted. I want to extract rows where the second column includes a value between -0.01 and 0.01 (including both numbers) and the first third column includes a value between... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting rows and columns in a matrix based on condition

Hi I have a matrix with n rows and m columns like below example. i want to extract all the pairs with values <200. Input A B C D A 100 206 51 300 B 206 100 72 48 C 351 22 100 198 D 13 989 150 100 Output format A,A:200 A,C:51 B,B:100... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on condition

I have a file some thing like this: GN Name=YWHAB; RC TISSUE=Keratinocyte; RC TISSUE=Thymus; CC -!- FUNCTION: Adapter protein implicated in the regulation of a large CC spectrum of both general and specialized signaling pathways GN Name=YWHAE; RC TISSUE=Liver; RC ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: raj_k
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert rows to columns based on key and count

Team, I am having requirement to convert rows to columns Input is: key ,count, id1, pulse1, id2, pulse2 ,id3, pulse3 12, 2 , 14 , 56 , 15, 65 13, 3, 12, 32, 14, 23, 18, 54 22, 1 , 32, 42 Expected Out put: key, id,pulse 12, 14, 56 12, 15, 65 13 ,12, 32 13, 14 ,23 13, 18 ,54 22 ,32,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: syam1406
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Match in awk skipping header rows

I am trying to match $1-$7 between the two files and if a match is found then the contents of $8 in file2 and copied over. The awk I tried is below. There is also a header row in file2 that has the Chr Start End Ref Alt that does not need to be searched. Thank you :). awk awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Conversion of rows to columns using awk based om column value

HI, My Input file data is dn:adcfgeneral id:13343 Name:xxxxxx Password:iutyerwuitywue wpuwt tuiytruityrutyrwtyrwp dn:cdferwjyyyy id:3875 Name:yyyy Password :hgfdsjkfhdsfkdlshf dshfkldshfdklsfh interset:uiuiufj My output should be ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dineshaila
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Keep only columns in first two rows based on partial header pattern.

I have this code below that only prints out certain columns from the first two rows (doesn't affect rows 3 and beyond). How can I do the same on a partial header pattern “G_TP” instead of having to know specific column numbers (e.g. 374-479)? I've tried many other commands within this pipe with no... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aachave1
4 Replies
pfscut(1)						      General Commands Manual							 pfscut(1)

NAME
pfscut - Extract a rectangle out of a frame in PFS stream SYNOPSIS
pfscut [--left <columns>] [--right <columns>] [--top <rows>] [--bottom <rows>] [--width <new_width>] [--height <new_height>] [--help] [x_ul y_ul x_br y_br] DESCRIPTION
Extract a rectangle out of each frame in PFS stream. You can either specify x and y coordinates of upper left and lower right corner (the coordinates start with 0 and rise in the left-to-right and up-to-botton directions) or give a combination of the options listed below. OPTIONS
--left <columns>, -l <columns> Number of columns to be cut out from the left edge of an image. --right <columns>, -r <columns> Number of columns to be cut out from the right edge of an image. --top <rows>, -t <rows> Number of rows to be cut out from the top edge of an image. --bottom <rows>, -b <rows> Number of rows to be cut out from the bottom edge of an image. --width <new_width>, -W <new_width> Width of an output image. Note that --width can be mixed with either --left or --right option. --height <new_height>, -H <new_height> Height of an output image. Note that --height can be mixed with either --top or --bottom option. --help, -h Print a list of commandline options. EXAMPLES
pfsin image.hdr | pfscut --left 20 --top 5 | pfsout out.hdr Cut out 20 columns from the left and 5 rows from the top edge of image.hdr and save frame as out.hdr. pfsin image.hdr | pfscut --left 20 --width 400 | pfsout out.hdr Cut out 20 columns from the left edge of image.hdr, and create output image 400 pixels in width. pfsin image.hdr | pfscut 0 0 511 511 | pfsout out.hdr Cut left-upper part of the image of the size 512x512 (note that coordinates start with 0 and 512 is the last row/column that is included in the resulting image). SEE ALSO pfsin(1) pfsout(1) BUGS
Please report bugs and comments to Dorota Zdrojewska <dzdrojewska@wi.ps.pl>. pfscut(1)