Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming REQUIRE HELP IN WRITING A PERL SCRIPT Post 302633669 by Skrynesaver on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 10:13:01 AM
Old 05-02-2012
The following prints the next line if the pattern is matched, however your spec is more than a little bit vague...
Code:
#!/usr/bin/perl

use strict;
use warnings;
while(<DATA>){
        if (/^\*FIELD\*\sTI$/){
                my $gene_record=readline(DATA);
                print $gene_record;
        }
}
__DATA__
*RECORD*
*FIELD* NO
*FIELD* TI
100050 AARSKOG SYNDROME, AUTOSOMAL DOMINANT
*FIELD* TX

This User Gave Thanks to Skrynesaver For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Unix Script Writing

Hi Folks, I posted a few days ago, thanks for the responses. My original question was for renaming files of sort 3p2325294.dgn in a directory containing multiple files. I need to drop the first 2 characters and the last in a unix script using Perl. How does it differ from using the Unix... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dinkster
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require Help for Shell Script

Hi friends, i am trying to print warning for partition size which exceed limit of 90% & other are ok. i m using below command which print partition which exceed 90% # df -h | sort -k5 | head -1 | awk 'END{ print $1" :- Not Having more space on This Partition"}' i want to print... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: jagnikam
14 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

help for a perl script - writing to a data file

Hi, Here is my problem.. i have 2 files (file1, file2).. i have wrote the last two lines and first 4 lines of "file2" into two different variables .. say.. my $firstrec = `head -4 $file2`; my $lastrec = `tail -2 $file2`; and i write the rest of the file2 to a tmpfile and cat it with head... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: meghana
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help with writing a perl script

Hi all! I have to write a perl script that gets trashholds from a file and match them with an output of a command. The trashhold file looks like this: "pl-it_prod.GW.Sync.reply.*" "500" "-1" "" "" "pl-it_prod.A.*" "100" "-1" "" "" "application.log" ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: eliraza6
29 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Require script to create two files

Hi folks, I have a input.file with the following contents:- flor geor enta vpal domi pegl cars mted four rose annc gabi ward dalv elph beac (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: mithalr
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing a Perl Script that processes multiple files

I want to write a Perl script that manipulates multiple files. In the directory, I have files 250.*chr$.ped where * is from 1 to 1000 and $ is from 1-22 for a total of 22 x 10,000 = 22,000 files. I want to write a script that only manipulates files 250.1chr*.ped where * is from 1 to 22.... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script for Calling a function and writing all its contents to a file

I have a function which does awk proceessing sub mergeDescription { system (q@awk -F'~' ' NR == FNR { A = $1 B = $2 C = $0 next } { n = split ( C, V, "~" ) if... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crypto87
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help in writing perl script

Hi, I am new to perl. I am trying to write a small perl script for search and replace in a file : ======================================================== #!/usr/bin/perl my $searchStr = "register_inst\.write_t\("; my $replaceStr = "model\.fc_block\."; open(FILE,"temp.sv") ||... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to automate a script that would require authentication?

Hey everyone... I'm just stretching my wings a bit and seeing how things work. If I wanted to write a script that had me ssh to my remote computer, how can this be done? If the script runs without me, how can I enter the required password? the same is true for any time of authentication method like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lost in Cyberia
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Writing xml from excel sheet .xls using perl script

Hi all. I am working on the below requirement of generating .xml file from .xls file which i have , can someone please help me or in writing the perl script for the same: The xls file format is as below which has two columns and number of rows are not fixed: Fixlet Name ... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: omkar.jadhav
12 Replies
FORMS(3)						   BSD Library Functions Manual 						  FORMS(3)

NAME
field_back, field_fore, field_pad, set_field_back, set_field_fore, set_field_pad -- form library LIBRARY
Curses Form Library (libform, -lform) SYNOPSIS
#include <form.h> chtype field_back(FIELD *field); chtype field_fore(FIELD *field); int field_pad(FIELD *field); int set_field_back(FIELD *field, chtype attribute); int set_field_fore(FIELD *field, chtype attribute); int set_field_pad(FIELD *field, int pad); DESCRIPTION
Calling the function field_back() will return the character attributes that will be applied to a field that is not the current field, these attributes can be set by the set_field_back() function. The field_fore() function returns the character attributes that will be used to indicate that a field is the currently active one on the form, this attribute may be set by using the set_field_fore() function. The pad character for a field is the character that will be printed in all field locations not occupied with actual field contents. The pad charac- ter can be retrieved by calling the field_pad() function, the pad character is set by using the set_field_pad() function. RETURN VALUES
Functions returning pointers will return NULL if an error is detected. The functions that return an int will return one of the following error values: E_OK The function was successful. SEE ALSO
curses(3), forms(3) NOTES
The header <form.h> automatically includes both <curses.h> and <eti.h>. BSD
January 1, 2001 BSD