Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX memory issue
Operating Systems AIX AIX memory issue Post 302633537 by learnbash on Wednesday 2nd of May 2012 06:34:59 AM
Old 05-02-2012
AIX memory issue

Currently server have load while there is no heavy things running, just oracle database/ application server oracle. I don't understand why server have heavy load, 22GB is under buffer, how to clean buffer/memory in AIX

Code:
load averages:  9.42,  9.43,  9.68;  05:25:08
141 processes: 125 idle, 16 running
CPU states: 98.3% idle,  0.9% user,  0.6% kernel,  0.0% wait
Memory: 30G total, 22G buf, 67M free
Swap: 18G total, 18G free

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Please use [code][/code] tags instead of [quote][/quote] tags for code and samples

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-02-2012 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Memory Issue

Hi There, I have upgraded the DELL poweredge 2600 server memory from 2GB to 4GB. However, the memory only showed at 2GB of utilization. How to make sure that the server is full utilize of 4GB of memory. Is there the Virtual memory need to be reconfigure as this server is run on windows 2000 and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vestro
2 Replies

2. Linux

Memory issue while diff !!!

Hi All Any idea? why am I having this memory issue? perforce@ixca-pforce-bak:/home/p4-demo-root$ diff checkpoint_offline ../p4-demo-root2/checkpoint.1150 diff: memory exhausted Thanks a lot C Saha (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: csaha
0 Replies

3. AIX

Shared memory issue

Hi friends.. Help to solve this issue... Is there any parameter setting to control or limit the size of the shared memory a process can attach for the below specified environment? The man pages says it can attach upto segments of size 2GB. But when our process (which also connects to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdspawankumar
0 Replies

4. Solaris

Locked memory issue

One of our project has exceeded its assigned max-memory-locked by 3 times .. The said project is using around 9 gigs as described by rss parameter in prstat -J .. and the max-project-memory parameter has been defined as 3gigs .. is it normal or we are monitoring the project memory usage in wrong... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
2 Replies

5. AIX

Memory consumption issue in AIX box

Hi, monitor memory usage on AIX machine on any day of the week from 3:00 PM ET to 5:00 PM ET - Povide min and max memory consumption. Determine if all of the available memory is visible to the operating system. If it is not, determine the amount of memory which may be allocated to the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rookie_newbie
3 Replies

6. SuSE

Memory utilization issue

I have parallels container running on Suse. From top command, I am not able to see, what is eating up so big amount of memory. top - 07:44:24 up 172 days, 18:52, 1 user, load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00 Tasks: 44 total, 1 running, 43 sleeping, 0 stopped, 0 zombie Cpu(s): 0.0%us, ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
1 Replies

7. AIX

Memory issue

I have a server with 300Gb allocated to it. Some times I observed in topas Comp% 73 and Non comp 35% and client is also 35% and my paging is showing 92%. If my physical memory utilized only 70% then why paging is so high. And what is relation between Comp, noncomp and client? If the memory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: powerAIX
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

Memory Issue

I could not find what is consuming the memory, generated DSET reports and NO hardware wise memory issue. 64 GB RAM on a server yet all I could see is a very limited memory available. I am not sure if I am reading this correct or not. I have used free -t -m and cat /proc/meminfo (results below)... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rsheikh01
3 Replies

9. Linux

Swap memory issue

Hi, In our production box i can see the Swap space using the below command free total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 65963232 41041084 24922148 0 877160 35936292 -/+ buffers/cache: 4227632 61735600 Swap: 4192880 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ratheeshjulk
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Out of memory issue in perl

I am getting a out of memory issue while executing the perl program. Per version : /opt/acc_perl/lib/site_perl/5.14.2 Read in 54973 total records Read in 54973 table records from table. Out of memory! so the job get failed due to out of memory. need to get rid of the out of memory... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramkumar15
3 Replies
XSYSINFO(1x)							 Debian GNU/Linux						      XSYSINFO(1x)

NAME
xsysinfo - Display Linux kernel parameters in graphical form SYNOPSIS
xsysinfo [-help] [-update n] [-[no]title] [-[no]labels] [-[no]loadavg] [-[no]load] [-[no]mem] [-[no]swap] [-[no]smp] DESCRIPTION
Xsysinfo is an X application to display some Linux kernel parameters in graphical form. It is like a mix of top, free and xload with the difference that the values are shown in form of a horizontal bar. The displayed values are: CPU load average, CPU load, memory and swap sizes (details see below). OPTIONS
-update n Set update rate to n milli-seconds -title Show title string -notitle Don't show title string -labels Show gauge labels -nolabels Don't show gauge labels -loadavg Show CPU load average value -noloadavg Don't show CPU load average value -load Show CPU load value -noload Don't show CPU load value -smp Show separate SMP loads -nosmp Don't show separate SMP loads. -mem Show memory info -nomem Don't show memory info -swap Show swap info -noswap Don't show swap info -help Display options DISPLAY
Xsysinfo display the following values: CPU load average CPU load average between 0.000-8.000. The gauge's bar is subdivided into segments, where one segment represents a load value of 1.0. The bar's full length is automatically scaled, depending on the displayed value. CPU load percentage CPU load time to CPU idle time subdivided in three segments: user load, system load and nice load. On an SMP system the -smp option replaces the single total load meter with a separate meter for each processor. Memory The memory gauge's bar is subdivided into two segments with the amount of physical memory, which is used by processes on the left and physical memory used for the page and buffer cache on the right. The length of the whole bar, which is the sum of these two val- ues, shows the amount of physical memory currently used by the system. Swap The percentage of swap space used by the system to total amount of swap space. AUTHORS
Xsyinfo is written by Gabor Herr <herr@iti.informatik.th-darmstadt.de> and currently maintained by Ronald Wahl <ronald.wahl@informatik.tu- chemnitz.de>. This manual page was created by Roland Rosenfeld <roland@spinnaker.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). Debian Project December 2005 XSYSINFO(1x)