Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help with FTP Monitoring Using Perl Post 302633253 by phanik143 on Tuesday 1st of May 2012 02:35:45 PM
Old 05-01-2012
hi,

its my home based work i want to get the various data of the ftp server and if u could provide with gud reference where to start so that i can learn and do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AFP & FTP Bandwidth Monitoring?

Is there a way to monitor FTP and AFP bandwidth on a per user basis? AFP = AppleFilesharingProtocol, and by monitor, I don't mean graphs, I mean getting raw byte counts I can use in my scripts any way I choose. I am attempting to use mod_watch to monitor virtual domain bandwidth usage, but I really... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: l008com
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Monitoring ftp process

I have an ftp process using vpn, my box is receiving data hit and miss from the host system. Any tool that can be used within unix (ksh) to monitor that ftp process? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arkhewit
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

using perl to ftp

Hi all, I am trying to download a build from an ftp server. My problem is that my build contains sub folders and files within the sub folders. I can ftp a single file at a time, but it will be difficult to specify all the paths and download individula files. My build structure is: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gurukottur
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Log Monitoring through Perl

Hi, I am new to perl. I want to write a perl script to monitor logs. Where i want to monitor exceptions logged or any kind of error strings. I have a dir(On Solaris) with multiple log file which keeps rolling to .gz file after some time in that same dir. These logs files size keeps on... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: solitare123
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl Scripting for monitoring logs

Hi, I am new to perl. I want to write a perl script to monitor logs. Where i want to monitor exceptions logged or any kind of error strings. I have a dir(On Solaris) with multiple log file which keeps rolling to .gz file after some time in that same dir. These logs files size keeps on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: solitare123
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::Ftp in perl

I am trying to execute a script in another server, i used Net::Ftp module How to execute unix command in another server by using Net::Ftp module.. #!/usr/bin.perl ### Perl script to $ftp->login($user_name,'password') or die "Cannot login ", $ftp->message;... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

7. Infrastructure Monitoring

Zabbix Template and PERL Script for Monitoring Apache2

Hello, Kindly find attached a copy of the Zabbix template and PERL script we are using to monitor our Apache2 server. Here are the entries for zabbix_agentd.conf UserParameter=apache2.total_accesses,/etc/zabbix/zabbix_apache2.pl|cut -f1 -d":"... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP monitoring

Hello there, I have the following situation : I have a ftp server (PureFTPd)on which users can connect and put their files. The thing is I need to synchronize the files uploaded by the users to another server (so that everybody can download (via http) from that server the resources uploaded by... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: spiriad
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ftp in perl

Hi, I have three files in this /home/mani/ location. I would like to ftp to another server. could you please give perl for that requirement. Thanks, Mani (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
10 Replies

10. HP-UX

[Solved] Unable to rename file in ftp server .Net:FTP perl

Hello All, I am trying to connect to ftp server and get the files. Also i need to rename the file in other ftp dir. rename method is not allowing me to rename the file in other dir. When i tried copy command by using net::FTP:FILE then perl says it is not installed. Can some body help me to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: krsnadasa
2 Replies
System Administration Commands				 etrn(8)

NAME
etrn - start mail queue run SYNOPSIS
etrn [-v] server-host [client-hosts] DESCRIPTION
SMTP's ETRN command allows an SMTP client and server to interact, giving the server an opportunity to start the pro cessing of its queues for messages to go to a given host. This is meant to be used in start-up conditions, as well as for mail nodes that have transient connections to their ser vice providers. The etrn utility initiates an SMTP session with the host server-host and sends one or more ETRN commands as follows: If no client-hosts are specified, etrn looks up every host name for which sendmail(1M) accepts email and, for each name, sends an ETRN command with that name as the argument. If any client-hosts are specified, etrn uses each of these as arguments for successive ETRN commands. OPTIONS
The following option is supported: -v The normal mode of operation for etrn is to do all of its work silently. The -v option makes it verbose, which causes etrn to display its conversations with the remote SMTP server. ENVIRONMENT
No environment variables are used. FILES
/etc/mail/sendmail.cf sendmail configuration file SEE ALSO
sendmail(1M), RFC 1985. CAVEATS
Not all SMTP servers support ETRN. CREDITS
Leveraged from David Muir Sharnoff's expn.pl script. Chris tian von Roques added support for args and fixed a couple of bugs. AVAILABILITY
The latest version of etrn is available in the contrib directory of the sendmail distribution through anonymous ftp at ftp://ftp.sendmail.org/ucb/src/sendmail/. AUTHOR
John T. Beck <john@beck.org>