Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 VMs hang after about a week Post 302633157 by vmcore on Tuesday 1st of May 2012 12:09:49 PM
Old 05-01-2012
It is for sure issue with amount of memory this system has.
Bottom line is lack of memory, but if you want to dig in further, few more outputs will help.

Code:
CAT> tlist findcall zio_wait
CAT> tlist sobj mutex
CAT> swapinfo
CAT> tlist findcall pageout

Reason for this last few outputs is to confirm or rule out following bug: 6898318: ZFS root system can hang swapping to zvol

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 05-01-2012 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: code tags
This User Gave Thanks to vmcore For This Post:

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Time change next week - solaris 8 ?

Can anyone tell me does solaris 8 automatically update the time upon the daylight savings? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
4 Replies

2. Solaris

solaris 5.8 hang on boot

I have an ultra 10 system, and am trying to install and verify a previously cloned hard drive, to make sure it works, that it really is a duplicate of the hard drive currently on an other server, etc. I plugged in this cloned hard drive as master, only drive in the system. No network LAN... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HikerLT
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 CDE hang issue

Hi, I am facing some issues on Solaris 10 (SPARC 5.10 Generic_118833-36). The issue is when I try to connect/login through CDE it hangs (hangs at login screen). I tried connecting thourgh VNC client also but that also not helped. I had done no configuration change or modified any kernel... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kgupta
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Bind hang up when process is reaching to 500 Mb, Solaris 10u8, Sun T5140

Hi all, I use latest bind 9.6.1, brand-new T5140 Sun Server, 10u8 Solaris OS, Mar-2010 OS patch to configure a caching dns server. But bind always hang up when process/cache is reaching to 500 Mb ( Though 'prstat -a' check ) Can anyone help me a solution for this problem, i will greatly... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tien86
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 11 and OpenSolaris both hang at Configuring Devices

Hi, Any help would be appreciated, when I attempt to install either OpenSolaris or Solaris 11 the install hangs right after the copyright where normally it would be "configuring devices" . If it is SOL 11 it just hangs if it is OpenSolaris it starts spitting out the following: WARNING: hubdi:... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jk121960
0 Replies

6. Solaris

How to get day of the week from a timestamp using Solaris

Looking for something equivalent to what im able to do with Linux: date -d 20120523 +%a Wed Is there a Solaris equivalent? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chihova
5 Replies
suninstall(1M)						  System Administration Commands					    suninstall(1M)

NAME
suninstall - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
suninstall DESCRIPTION
install-solaris(1M) is now the preferred command for starting and restarting the Solaris Installation program. It should be used instead of suninstall. suninstall is symbolically linked to install-solaris. suninstall is a forms-based and graphical subsystem for installing the operating system. suninstall exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should only be invoked from there. Refer to the Solaris 10 Instal- lation Guide: Basic Installations for more details. suninstall allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. suninstall loads the software available on the installa- tion media. Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for disk space requirements. USAGE
Refer to the Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations for more information on the various menus and selections. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pkginfo(1), install(1M), install-solaris(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) Solaris 10 Installation Guide: Basic Installations NOTES
It is advisable to exit suninstall by means of the exit options in the suninstall menus. SunOS 5.10 9 Sep 2004 suninstall(1M)