Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to pass a filename as a command line argument Post 302632873 by ektubbe on Tuesday 1st of May 2012 03:17:26 AM
Old 05-01-2012
Data How to pass a filename as a command line argument

Hi,I have a script which is given below :#!/bin/bash. ini_script.shdb2 connect to $DB_NAME user $DB2_UID using $DB2_PASSWORDfor file in `ls -1 ./sql/ddw/`do echo "Executing the file $file" echo db2 -tvf $filedonedb2 quiti want this script to accept directorie's names present in /sql/ddw as a command line argument.directories present in /sql/ddw is 1 and 2,so script should be ./priya and den directory name should be asked ./priya1.sh and so..can anyone plzz help !!! ~Priya

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pass argument to a filename

How can I use the value of an argument as a filename? Example: The argument for a process is 999. I would like the output of the process to be placed in a file called 999. I have tried using $$1, but that only assigns a unigue number. thanks JP (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jpprial
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

assign a command line argument and a unix command to awk variables

Hi , I have a piece of code ...wherein I need to assign the following ... 1) A command line argument to a variable e.g origCount=ARGV 2) A unix command to a variable e.g result=`wc -l testFile.txt` in my awk shell script When I do this : print "origCount" origCount --> I get the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sweta_doshi
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pass command line argument to variable

Hi, I had written a shell script to pass command line argument to variable in a function. Here is my code: main if ; then .$1 echo $1 get_input_file else echo "input file $1 is not available" fi get_input_file() { FILE = "$1" echo $FILE } (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Poonamol
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

command-line line 0: Missing yes/no argument

Hi Guys When I run the below command ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa Server_Name I found the below error ommand-line line 0: Missing yes/no argument Kindly help me to sort out Double post, continued... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Specify an entire UNIX command as a command line argument

I'm trying to write a bash script called YN that looks like the following YN "Specify a question" "doThis" "doThat" where "doThis" will be executed if the answer is "y", otherwise "doThat". For example YN "Do you want to list the file dog?" "ls -al dog" "" Here's my attempt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: LeoKSimon
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass filename as arguement to awk command?

Hi, I am facing one issue. The awk command works fine if i hardcode the file name but if is pass it as an arguement it doesn't work. For e.g:Below commands works fine awk -v A="$type" '{F=substr($0,23,8) "_LTD_" A ".txt"; print $0 >> F; close(F) }' RL004.txt But the below command does not... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neelkanth
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script https://www.unix.com/images/misc/progress.gif (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to pass command line argument in shell script?

I need to write a shell script, when I run that script I should pass those arguments if not, then script should not run and pass the error message like invalid option - - should pass the argument. and Exit from the script (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass each line of a text file as an argument to a command?

I'm looking to write a script that takes a .txt filename as an argument, reads the file line by line, and passes each line to a command. For example, it runs command --option "LINE 1", then command --option "LINE 2", etc. I am fetching object files from a library file, I have all the object file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paul Martins
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to read the output of a command line by line and pass it as a variable?

Hi, I have some 2000 names in a table like below. Java Oracle/SQL ANSI SQL SQL,DWH,DB DB&Java And by using for loop in my code i am able to get a single word but if there is any special character or space then it is considering as a next line. I have to execute the below queries in... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Samah
10 Replies
MYSQL_DROP_DB(3)							 1							  MYSQL_DROP_DB(3)

mysql_drop_db - Drop (delete) a MySQL database

SYNOPSIS
Warning This function was deprecated in PHP 4.3.0, and will be removed in the future, along with the entirety of the original MySQL exten- sion. Instead, the MySQLi or PDO_MySQL extension should be used. See also MySQL: choosing an API guide and related FAQ for more information. Alternatives to this function include: oExecute a DROP DATABASE query bool mysql_drop_db (string $database_name, [resource $link_identifier = NULL]) DESCRIPTION
mysql_drop_db(3) attempts to drop (remove) an entire database from the server associated with the specified link identifier. This function is deprecated, it is preferable to use mysql_query(3) to issue an sql DROP DATABASE statement instead. o $database_name - The name of the database that will be deleted. o $ link_identifier -The MySQL connection. If the link identifier is not specified, the last link opened by mysql_connect(3) is assumed. If no such link is found, it will try to create one as if mysql_connect(3) was called with no arguments. If no connection is found or established, an E_WARNING level error is generated. Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. Example #1 mysql_drop_db(3) alternative example <?php $link = mysql_connect('localhost', 'mysql_user', 'mysql_password'); if (!$link) { die('Could not connect: ' . mysql_error()); } $sql = 'DROP DATABASE my_db'; if (mysql_query($sql, $link)) { echo "Database my_db was successfully dropped "; } else { echo 'Error dropping database: ' . mysql_error() . " "; } ?> Warning This function will not be available if the MySQL extension was built against a MySQL 4.x client library. Note For backward compatibility, the following deprecated alias may be used: mysql_dropdb(3) mysql_query(3). PHP Documentation Group MYSQL_DROP_DB(3)