Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Using awk or grep with Variables in a script Post 302632159 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 29th of April 2012 11:06:32 AM
Old 04-29-2012
Hi, then put each number on a separate row in a file and try:
Code:
gsh list_gras | awk 'NR==FNR{numbers[$1];next} $NF in numbers' nr_file -

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-29-2012 at 12:12 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variables to awk from ksh script

I'm trying to write a ksh script that uses awk, but I want to pass variables to awk. For example (not working): if ];then searchstr=$1 lsof -i | awk '{if($9~/SEARCHSTR/) print $2} SEARCHSTR=$searchstr' else echo "usage: $0 <search string>" fi I tried several options. Is it... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk as grep with variables

i have such awk working fine but how to use variable instead of strings awk '/asdasd.*asda.*asdasd/' file2.txt This is not working: awk '/${a}.*${b}.*${c}/' file2.txt Thanks & regards Peter (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: pp56825
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem with grep script (2 variables)

#!\bin\sh TEST=test.log GREP=\usr\bin\grep $GREP -i 'dog\|cat' ${TEST} Why doesn't grep run at all? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazzaddict
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk (or other) script that assigns fields from a line to multiple variables

Hey all, Unfortunately I have only basic knowledge of awk and/or scripting. If I have a file with lines that can look similar to this: Name=line1 Arg1=valueA Arg2=valueB Arg3=valueC Name=line2 Arg1=valueD Name=line3 Arg1=valueE Arg3=valueF Name=line4 Arg2=valueG ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rike255
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script with awk and grep

Hi .. I am working on a shell script to do following task. I have Input file as follows. I have to find failed or Offline disk and run command # hic -ip 172.124.24.59 getlogicalgrp |grep -B10 diskid against the disk ID which is 1 line above the disk state. I am using grep with -b10 is because... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script problem - Variables Causing Issue

can someone please explain to me what i'm doing wrong with this code: WELT=$(awk '(($1 ~ "^${caag}$") || ($2 ~ "^${caag}$"))' /tmp/Compare.TEXT) when run from the command line, it works. but it seems to be having a problem doing the comparison when variables are involved. i tested from... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk recieving script variables.

Hi, I have a script which recieves 3 variables. #!/bin/bash Directory=$1 Archive=$2 Log_File_Path=$3 ... ... ... gzip -l *.xml.gz |awk '{print $1"^"$2"^"$4}'|sed '$d' In awk instead of $1 which should be Compressed size its recieving Directory name. How should this be... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chetan.c
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk issue expanding variables in ksh script

Hi Guys, I have an issue with awk and variables. I have trawled the internet and forums but can't seem to get the exactt syntax I need. I have tried using awk -v and all sorts of variations but I have hit a brick wall. I have spent a full day on this and am just going round in circles. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gazza-o
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of Variables in a sed/awk script

Hi, After looking at the differents post on this forum, I am convinced that I will benefit from the experience of advanced Unix user on some script I have already done for an aeronautical study. Here is one of them : Step 1 : sed -e "s/??/00/g" Base_Awk.txt > Awk_Cut_00.txt4; sed... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marc_Camoc
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending awk variables into curl in a bash script

Hello experts! I have a file1 with the following format (yr,day, month, hour,minute): 201201132435 201202141210 201304132030 201410100110 ... What i want to do is to assign variables and then use them in the curl command to download the text of each event from a web page. What I have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: phaethon
6 Replies
IRSEND(1)							   User Commands							 IRSEND(1)

NAME
irsend - basic LIRC program to send infra-red commands SYNOPSIS
irsend [options] DIRECTIVE REMOTE CODE [CODE...] DESCRIPTION
Asks the lircd daemon to send one or more CIR (Consumer Infra-Red) commands. This is intended for remote control of electronic devices such as TV boxes, HiFi sets, etc. DIRECTIVE can be: SEND_ONCE - send CODE [CODE ...] once SEND_START - start repeating CODE SEND_STOP - stop repeating CODE LIST - list configured remote items SET_TRANSMITTERS - set transmitters NUM [NUM ...] SIMULATE - simulate IR event REMOTE is the name of a remote, as described in the lircd configuration file. CODE is the name of a remote control key of REMOTE, as it appears in the lircd configuration file. NUM is the transmitter number of the hardware device. For the LIST DIRECTIVE, REMOTE and/or CODE can be empty: LIST "" "" - list all configured remote names LIST REMOTE "" - list all codes of REMOTE LIST REMOTE CODE - list only CODE of REMOTE The SIMULATE command only works if it has been explicitly enabled in lircd. -h --help display usage summary -v --version display version -d --device use given lircd socket [/var/run/lirc/lircd] -a --address=host[:port] connect to lircd at this address -# --count=n send command n times EXAMPLES
irsend LIST DenonTuner "" irsend SEND_ONCE DenonTuner PROG-SCAN irsend SEND_ONCE OnkyoAmpli VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP VOL-UP irsend SEND_START OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN ; sleep 3 irsend SEND_STOP OnkyoAmpli VOL-DOWN irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 1 3 4 irsend SIMULATE "0000000000000476 00 OK TECHNISAT_ST3004S" FILES
/etc/lirc/lircd.conf Default lircd configuration file. It should contain all the remotes, their infra-red codes and the corresponding timing and wave- form details. DIAGNOSTICS
If lircd is not running (or /var/run/lirc/lircd lacks write permissions) irsend aborts with the following diagnostics: "irsend: could not connect to socket" "irsend: Connection refused" (or "Permission denied"). SEE ALSO
The documentation for lirc is maintained as html pages. They are located under html/ in the documentation directory. lircd(8), mode2(1), smode2(1), xmode2(1), irrecord(1), irw(1), http://www.lirc.org. irsend 0.9.0-pre1 October 2010 IRSEND(1)