Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help putting output on one line Post 302631579 by Corona688 on Friday 27th of April 2012 01:12:08 PM
Old 04-27-2012
By the by, that's a useless use of cat. You almost never need cat to read a file, programs are perfectly capable of reading files themselves, and even if they don't take filenames you can always just redirect into them...

You can rewrite the loop more efficiently as
Code:
while read LINE
do
done <filename

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting screen output in a log file

I want to output screen messages to a logfile when executing an automated script. I have tried the script and command to do this but with no luck. Thanks, Nicole (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nsutti
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting command output and putting into newfile

Hello All, I am using the below code: #!/bin/sh /omp/bin/TICLI "op:alarm,all" > filename for getting command output and then putting the output into newfile but the problem is this, that not the complete output goes into newfile and the script stops. for example: if this commands gives... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: wakhan
18 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting new line after certain number of character

Hi, I want, if a line is more than 80 characters length then put a new line with 4 space after each 80 characters to indent the data at same position. Input: 200 Geoid and gravity anomaly data of conjugate regions of Bay of Bengal and Enderby Basin: New constraints on breakup and early... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srsahu75
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting multiple sed commands on a single line

Hi, I want to make sed write a part of fileA (first 7 lines) to file1 and the rest of fileA to file2 in a single call and single line in sed. If I do the following: sed '1,7w file1; 8,$w file2' fileA I get only one file named file1 plus all the characters following file1. If I try to use curly... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: varelg
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console

How to redirect the output to multiple files without putting on console I tried tee but it writes to STDOUT , which I do not want. Test.sh ------------------ #!/bin/ksh echo "Hello " tee -a file1 file2 ---------------------------- $>./Test.sh $> Expected output: -------------------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashant43
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Putting echo output as input to stat

I have a string with escape differentiators as a result of searching for a file using find. Essentially find returned to my shell variable several absolute paths each ending with the file name and each path/file separated by \n. Echo recognizes the escape sequence and is able to print the paths... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ebodee
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

putting color on output file script

do you have any simple script on how to change the color and font of a string in a script example echo "====================================" echo " sample color script" echo "====================================" echo " hello " echo " bye" on hello,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lhareigh890
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Putting the Current -date in the Output File

Hi guys, Just want to ask how can I make a script that will perform like this. 1. Execute the command 2. Then the output of the command will be redirected to a file 2. The file that has been created will have a date on it equivalent to the date and time it was created (or maybe after the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rymnd_12345
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identifying a sentence and putting it on a new line

I am revisiting the problem of sentence splitting. I have a Perl Script which splits a para into sentences, but acronyms and short forms create an issue #!/usr/bin/perl use feature qw/say/; use strict; use warnings; my $s; my @arr; while(<>) { chomp $_; $s .= $_ . " "; } @arr... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gimley
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Get an output of lines in pattern 1st line then 10th line then 11th line then 20th line and so on.

Input file: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagar Singh
6 Replies
SABNZBDPLUS(1)						      General Commands Manual						    SABNZBDPLUS(1)

NAME
sabnzbdplus - a web-based binary newsgrabber with nzb support. SYNOPSIS
sabnzbdplus [-f <configfile>] [[...other options]] DESCRIPTION
SABnzbd+ is a web-based binary newsgrabber written in Python, with support for the popular nzb file format. It takes one or more nzb files as input and from there on does all the work, including fetching files, checking file integrity, and unpacking. Configuration can be done via the web interface or in the configuration file. Multiple servers are supported, as well as secure (ssl) connections, ipv6, scheduling, pausing and resuming downloads, queue manipulation, rss feeds, newzbin and nzbmatrix integration, automatic sorting, a download history, email notifications, and custom post-processing scripts. An extensive API allows third party applications to interact with the program. USAGE
To run the program execute sabnzbdplus, then point your favorite web browser to http://<host>:<port>. The host and port settings default to localhost and 8080, respectively; the default port for https connections is 9090. New nzb files may be queued for download by putting them in the watched directory, adding them via the web interface, or from rss feeds. OPTIONS
-h --help Show a list of options -f --config-file <filename> Location of the configuration file -s --server <host:port> Hostname or ip address and port to listen on -t --templates <template> Primary interface templates -2 --template2 <template> Secondary templates, available at http://<host>:<port>/sabnzbd/m -l --logging <0..2> Log level (0 for least, 2 for most) -w --weblogging <0..2> Cherrypy (built-in web-server) logging (0 for off, 1 for on, 2 for file-only) -b --browser <0..1> Automatically launch browser (0 for off, 1 for on) -d --daemon Fork daemon process (run the program in the background) --pid <path> Create a pid file in the listed folder (full path) --force Discard web-port timeout -v --version Show version -c --clean Remove queue, cache and logs -p --pause Start paused --https <port> Port to listen on for https connections --repair Add orphaned jobs from the incomplete folder to the queue --repair-all Try to reconstruct the queue from the incomplete folder with full data reconstruction --log-all Log all article handling (for developers) --new Run a new instance of SABnzbd, instead of starting the UI of the existing instance FILES
~/.sabnzbd/ Default location for the program's configuration file and internal administration ~/Downloads/ Default location for downloaded files /etc/default/sabnzbdplus Configuration file for the init.d script AUTHOR
This man page was written by JCF Ploemen <linux@jp.pp.ru> and is licensed under the GNU GPL, version 2 or later. SEE ALSO
Project wiki with extensive user documentation: http://wiki.sabnzbd.org SABnzbd+ homepage and support forums: http://sabnzbd.org Version 0.6.3 June 2011 SABNZBDPLUS(1)