Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User add problem
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat User add problem Post 302631191 by gsiva on Friday 27th of April 2012 03:21:22 AM
Old 04-27-2012
Is there a way to break it and create the username with the numeric at the front.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User Problem

On my small network some of my users are having trouble logging in. What's something that I can do to find out what's wrong? Are there any commands that I can run or files I can check? ,AP (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anthony
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

user creation problem

hello, Actually I want to create a user for our brower based custom application for the mail access from our mailserver(linux). I create user dummy and I granted all the privileages to dummy user and made dummy equivelent to root and if I tried to create a another user logging as dummy ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jarkvarma
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

create user problem

hello: before I am add user in Linux with " adduser" command . for example system(adduser zzf -p hello); and this command "-p" option is used to create "login password". now i do not find the "-p" option in " adduser " in hp unix os. and i should how to do ??? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: phoenix_fei
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Add User Problem

Hi all, I got a preconfigured Debian 4 (etch) box. When I add a user, it tells me it added and I can "su" as a new user but I can't login with it through SSH, SFTP, etc. Why? Thanks for your help. (30 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdousti
30 Replies

5. Linux

USER login problem

Hi All I am facing a login issue actually on my local machine users are not suppose to login with there respective prompt on the machine. Access deneid login as: daya Sent username "daya" daya@10.10.0.3's password: Access denied daya@192.168.0.83's password: and even i am not suppose... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
3 Replies

6. AIX

user login problem & Files listing problem.

1) when user login to the server the session got colosed. How will resolve? 2) While firing the command ls -l we are not able to see the any files in the director. but over all view the file system using the command df -g it is showing 91% used. what will be the problem? Thanks in advance. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pernasivam
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

sendmail user accounts problem

first of all I am Newbie to linux I confidured my sendmail -8.13 on RHEL5, but i have a problem regarding user accounts. How can I user access his account on remotely while all users exit on servers ? should i need to configure extra server to enable this .... And what is LDAP and can this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sandy6573
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User login problem

Dear All, Plz help in unixware 7x only root user login & other user not login . message giving permission denied (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhir69
3 Replies

9. AIX

User creation problem

Hi, I am getting tired in creating several users in a day. Can anyone have a script to create several users in the same server, as well as, to create one user in several servers. where i have to put script and how to run the script. Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: udtyuvaraj
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

adding new user problem?

I wan to add a new user. I have executed the following command. The user home directory is created. but password creation shows error. Note: I'm using LDAP Server for user authentication. adduser xxx Adding user `xxx' ... Adding new group `xxx' (1003) ... Adding new user `xxx' (1003) with... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ungalnanban
2 Replies
CUUM(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   CUUM(1)

NAME
cuum - To start the front-end processor. SYNOPSIS
cuum [-h/H] [-x/X] [-k uumkeyfile ] [-c convertkeyfile ] [-r rkfile ] [-D hostname ] [-n username ] [-l lines ] DEFAULT PATH
/usr/local/bin/cWnn4/cuum DESCRIPTION
There are two more input environments: (1) Pinyin centred input environment (2) Zhuyin centred input environment These two environments can be started up by using the "-r" option of the "cuum" command together with the default path of each input envi- ronment. For example, to activate Pinyin centred input environment, execute the following: cuum -r /usr/local/lib/wnn/zh_CN/rk_p Once "cuum" is executed, the initialization file for the front-end processor will be read from ONE of the following paths, in decreasing order: (1) The file specified by the UUMRC C-Shell environment variable. (2) @HOME/.uumrc (3) /usr/local/lib/wnn/zh_CN/uumrc (default path) After the initialization file is read, all the initializing operations set in the file will be performed. If the user happens to start up cuum after it has already been started, an error message will be given. Refer to cWnn manual for the error messages. OPTIONS
-H The input mode will be set to ON after the startup of cuum. -h The input mode will be set to OFF after the startup of cuum (default). -X During cuum startup, the flow control of tty is ON (default). -x During cuum startup, the flow control of tty is OFF. -k uumkeyfile Specify the keyboard definition file. If this option is not specified, ONE of the following definition files will be read by default, in decreasing order: (1) The filename indicated by "setuumkey" in the initialization file "uumrc". (2) /usr/local/lib/wnn/zh_CN/uumkey -c convertkeyfile Specify the conversion file for the keyboard input codes. If this option is not specified, ONE of the following files will be read by default, in decreasing order: (1) The filename indicated by "setconvkey" in the initialization file "uumrc" . (2) /usr/local/lib/wnn/cvt_key_tbl -r rkfile Specify the directory of the input mode definition file of the input automaton. If this option is not specified, ONE of the follow- ings will be read by default, in decreasing order: (1) The directory indicated by "setrkfile" in the initialization file "uumrc". (2) /usr/local/lib/wnn/zh_CN/rk -l lines Specify the number of lines for input at the front-end processor. (0 < lines < window_line-1). The maximum input line is the window line minus one. The default line number is 1. -D hostname Specify the server at another host indicated by hostname. In this case, each user environment may be set via "setenv" in the front-end processor initialization file, for example "uumrc". If no hostname is specified, the one specified by the environment variable CSERVER will be used. -n username Specify the username for the front-end processor. If the username is not specified, the value in environment variable UUMUSER will be taken as the default value. If UUMUSER is not defined, the username of the current front-end processor will be taken. NOTE
1. The command options inside [ ] shown in the Command Format indicates that they are optional. If they are not required, "cuum" alone is sufficient to start up the front-end processor. 2. During the startup of cuum, a "pty" is required from the operating system. If "pty" is unable to be obtained, cuum startup will fail. Similarly, if the initialization file, input automaton definition files and keyboard definition file cannot be read in, cuum startup will also fail. 13 May 1992 CUUM(1)