Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris SUN 6540 Array with failed controller battery Post 302630969 by DukeNuke2 on Thursday 26th of April 2012 02:24:32 PM
Old 04-26-2012
1. open a call with oracle
2. brew a strong coffee
3. wait for a oracle field engineer to do the work

or use the CAM software with the integrated "servie advisor" to get a step-by-step procedure...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

sun cluster3.2, d3 and d8 are shown as failed

Hello, This is a 2 node sun cluster 3.2 on solaris 10(x86) I am using an unique ~512M disk (c0d1) on each node and slice 6 on this disk for globaldevices. While everything looks like fine, the 'Fail' is bothering me. @ tommy_sun1 @tommy_sun -bash-3.00# cldevice refresh... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
10 Replies

2. Solaris

Please help me.. connection failed between OpenSSH-3.8.1 to Sun SSH-1.1

hi All, We tried to establish a connection from OpenSSH3.8.1 running on Windows Box to SunSSH-1.1 running on Solaris 10. Please see the debug statements. C:\Documents and Settings\sadmin\.ssh>ssh sadmin@10.4.3.8 -v -v -v OpenSSH_3.8.1p1, OpenSSL 0.9.7d 17 Mar 2004 debug1: Reading... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: venusunil
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

[Joy Share] - Replace an unknown status controller on HP FC60 disk array

Replace an unknown status controller on HP FC60 disk array Author:JoyOnline JoyChangLu@gmail.com Trouble description: The users detected that the status of controller at A is unknown. Analysis and diagnostic: Physical observed all leds on enclosure of disk array is normal. The... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: JoyOnLine
4 Replies

4. AIX

replacing the battery from the controller in DS4300

Currently we have this DS4300 issue, we found that we have to replace the two batteries. Each from each controller. 1) When poweroff the DS4300, when taking out the battery, will this affect or clear out the saved configuration of the local settings ? 2) If no, is there any documentation thats... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wingcross
2 Replies

5. Hardware

StorageTek 2540 battery failed

Hi all, My Sun StorageTek 2540 have redundant batteries, but a battery was failed. # /opt/SUNWstkcam/bin/sscs list -d MyStorage1 fru Name FRU Alarm State Status Revision Unique Id -------------------------- ----------- --------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buyantugs
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Patching failed on Sun T2000

Hi folks, I was patching Sun server (SunOS suns121 5.10 Generic_144488-17 sun4v sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-T200) with the lateset bundle. It was completed with no errors. Server was restarted with shutdown command (/usr/sbin/shutdown -y -i6 -g0) after patching was complete. However, after that,... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zulu1
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun Storage Tek 2540 M2 controller lockdown

hello all, I have recently acquired the above server and i am having issues with the RAID controllers being put into a lockdown state. This occurs when new drives are added to the array, the controller automagically reboots and then gives status codes OE and LT. After this i am unable to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: WombleLord
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Sun Fire v440 Hard disk or controller broken? WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1)

Hi, I have a Sun Fire V440 server that fails to boot up correctly. A lot of services are not started and the sytems acts really slow to commands. During boot I can see the following Error: WARNING: /pci@1f,700000/scsi@2/sd@0,0 (sd1): SCSI transport failed: reason 'reset': retrying... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: oliwei
15 Replies
vparutil(1M)															      vparutil(1M)

NAME
vparutil - get and set SCSI parameters for SCSI controllers from a virtual partition SYNOPSIS
dev_path dev_path dev_path scsi_id] scsi_rate] DESCRIPTION
The command gets and sets SCSI parameters for SCSI controllers within a running virtual partition. When setting the SCSI parameters using the option, the virtual partition which owns the specified SCSI controller must be in the down state. If not, the command will fail with the appropriate error code. The SCSI parameters for a given SCSI controller must first be set (from the firmware BCH prompt or using the option) before the parameters can be retrieved using the option. The command is allowed on Itanium(R)-based platforms for compatibility. No action is taken for the command. Options recognizes the following command-line options: Deletes an entry for the specified SCSI controller at dev_path from the SCSI table. Gets the SCSI parameters for the specified SCSI controller at dev_path. Sets the SCSI parameters for the specified SCSI controller at dev_path. Operands recognizes the following command-line operands: dev_path The device path of the SCSI controller. id The SCSI ID for the specified controller (defaults to 7). rate The SCSI rate for the specified controller. This parameter can have one of two values: for the corresponding fast wide and ultra wide SCSI interfaces. Note For managing SCSI controllers, use corresponding SCSI utilities. For further information refer to SECURITY RESTRICTIONS
This command is restricted to processes owned by superuser. When virtual partition flexible administrative capability is enabled, only a Designated-Admin vPar can set SCSI parameters for SCSI con- trollers. EXAMPLES
Set the SCSI ID for controller at 0/0/2/0 to 3 with the fast wide rate: RETURN VALUE
Successful. Invalid SCSI controller specification. Invalid SCSI ID. Could not communicate with virtual partition monitor. Virtual partition which owns SCSI controller is not in down state. Internal firmware call failed. Other error. AUTHOR
was developed by the Hewlett-Packard Company. SEE ALSO
vparadmin(1M), vparboot(1M), vparcreate(1M), vparconfig(1M), vpardump(1M), vparefiutil(1M), vparenv(1M), vparextract(1M), vparmodify(1M), vparreloc(1M), vparremove(1M), vparreset(1M), vparstatus(1M), vparresources(5), vpartition(5), vpmon(5). vparutil(1M)