Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting get the perl version (decimal value comparision) Post 302630485 by Chubler_XL on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 10:17:15 PM
Old 04-25-2012
How about this using bash:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
IFS=' .v' V=( $(perl --version) )
[ ${V[3]:-0} -le 5 ] && [ ${V[3]:-0} -ne 5 -o ${V[4]} -lt 8 ] && exit 1
echo "Perl version ${V[3]}.${V[4]}.${V[5]} is acceptable"

Or with ksh:
Code:
#!/bin/ksh
OLDIFS=$IFS
IFS=' .v'
set -A V $(perl --version)
IFS=$OLDIFS

[ ${V[3]:-0} -le 5 ] && [ ${V[3]:-0} -ne 5 -o ${V[4]} -lt 8 ] && exit 1
echo "Perl version ${V[3]}.${V[4]}.${V[5]} is acceptable"

Last edited by Chubler_XL; 04-25-2012 at 11:26 PM..
This User Gave Thanks to Chubler_XL For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

error while doing decimal comparision in shell

a=10 b=10.6 c=$(echo "$a - $b" | bc) if ] echo "success" else echo "failure" fi while executing the above sample code, am getting the below error: seems unix is comparing .6 with 0 instead of 0.6 with 0. can anyone help me in solving this ? regards, (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmaroju
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Anybody please help me... Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary Coded Decimal) representation. Also, draw its Flow Chart. This is a unix qn... plz post algorithm for that :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: caramba
1 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Decimal to BCD (Binary Coded Decimal)

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Design an algorithm that accepts an input a decimal number and converts it into BCD (Binary... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: caramba
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: comparision of field line by line in two files

Hi everybody, First I apologize if my question seems demasiad you silly, but it really took 4 days struggling with this, I looked at books, forums ... And Also ask help to a friend that is software developer and he told me that it is a bad idea do it by perl... but this is my problem. I moved to... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Thelost
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux kernel version comparision method

Hi All, I am preparing a precheck script for my oracle DB installation. I am setting an expected version value, actual version can be greater than the expected version or equal to it. I am using the below logic to test this. expected=2.6.32-279.el6.x86_64 received=$(uname -r) ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: veeresh_15
5 Replies

6. Programming

Urgent help needed.. C++ program to convert decimal to hexa decimal

Hi , seq can be 0...128 int windex = seq / 8; int bindex = seq % 8; unsigned char bitvalue = '\x01' << (7-bindex) ; bpv.bitmapvalue = bitvalue; This is the part of a program to convert decimal to bitmap value of hexadecimal. I want this to change to convert only to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greenworld123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check for decimal point and add it at the end if its not there using awk/perl

I have test.dat file with values given below: 20150202,abc,,,,3625.300000,,,,,-5,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,def,,,,32.585,,,,,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 20150202,xyz,,,,12,,,,,0.004167,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, My expected output is shown below: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvk_vinoth
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl to extract whole number or decimal in regex

In the perl below I am trying to extract and print specic values from patterns using multiple regex. One of the patterns AF= may be a whole number or a decimal but I can not seem to capture both. I think it is the regex .*AF=(\d+\.\d+); as it is expecting a #.#### and it may only be a #. I tried... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ignoring decimal in comparision

HI All, I am having a requirement on ignoring mismatch on 2 file File 1: A,B,US,10.02 A,B,US,10.02 A,B,US,11.02 File 2: A,B,US,10.02 A,B,US,10.00 A,B,US,12.02 Here I want to ignore the decimal . If I do diff it is showing File1 AND File2 are different.If I ignore the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
tkvars(3pm)						User Contributed Perl Documentation					       tkvars(3pm)

NAME
tkvars - Variables used or set by Tk DESCRIPTION
The following perl variables are either set or used by Tk at various times in its execution. (For a list of variables used by perl see perlvar.) $Tk::library This variable holds the file name for a directory containing the modules related to Tk. These modules include an initialization file that is normally processed whenever a Tk application starts up, plus other files containing procedures that implement default behaviors for widgets. The initial value of $Tk::library is set when Tk is added to an interpreter; this is done by searching searching for a directory named Tk in the directory where the file Tk.pm, or the first directory Tk in @INC. The TK_LIBRARY environment variable used by Tcl/Tk is not supported by perl/Tk. Please use @INC to change where modules are searched. Note: This is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use @INC and %INC). $Tk::patchLevel Contains a decimal integer giving the current patch level for Tk. The patch level is incremented for each new release or patch, and it uniquely identifies an official version of Tk. Note: this is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use $Tk::VERSION described below. $Tk::strictMotif This variable is set to zero by default. If an application sets it to one, then Tk attempts to adhere as closely as possible to Motif look-and-feel standards. For example, active elements such as buttons and scrollbar sliders will not change color when the pointer passes over them. $Tk::VERSION The variable holds the current version number of the perl/Tk release in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number shows on which Tcl/Tk release perl/Tk is based. E.g., 402 means based on Tcls Tk 4.2. (Patchlevel of Tcls Tk are not incorporated because perl/Tk tended to be ``ahead'' of them on some fixes and behind on others. The first digest of the major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing perl/Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version depends on perl/Tk only. It uses the 'even'='stable', 'odd'='experimental' scheme that linux uses: .0xx - inherently 'alpha' .1xx - experimental 'beta' .2xx - stable .3xx - experimental .4xx - stable ... The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. $Tk::version The variable holds the current version number of the Tk library in the form major.minor. Major and minor are integers. The major version number increases in any Tk release that includes changes that are not backward compatible (i.e. whenever existing Tk applications and scripts may have to change to work with the new release). The minor version number increases with each new release of Tk, except that it resets to zero whenever the major version number changes. Note: this is Tcl remnant. With perl it makes more sense to use $Tk::VERSION described above. KEYWORDS
variables, version perl v5.14.2 2010-05-29 tkvars(3pm)