Sponsored Content
Operating Systems HP-UX HP Omni - getting inet error when opc agant is running Post 302630053 by RuBiCK on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 10:16:46 AM
Old 04-25-2012
Did you solve your problem as suggested methyl?

What do you mean with "omni is not responding properly"?
omni can't connect?
omni connect but abort the connection?
what kind of errors do you get in debug.log?
what happen when you have omni running and then you start OpC?

All servers we have, have them running with DP and OpC and never found this problem.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inet services, open ports etc

When I scan my linux box for open ports, i have several of them, but they shouldn't be open. I removed the lines for them in /etc/services, and left just stuff like telnet, ssh, ftp. Why are they still open? I've restarted the network, and I've even restarted my box, but they still apear as open.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sTorm
4 Replies

2. Red Hat

netstat: no support for `AF INET (sctp)' on this system.

hello I am using fedora core 6 on my system.... and doing coding of socket connection with redhat 9 when I am doing netstat -v command it shows error::: netstat: no support for `AF INET (sctp)' on this system. As AF_INET is very useful to me in socket connection program.... how to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunchaudhary19
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Accidentally did a unlink inet

I was trying to remove a symbolic link of /etc/hosts to /etc/inet/hosts well i forgot the command and in the /etc directory i did unlink inet and now i can not get into inet and it does not exist in /etc 1) what do i do to fix the inet directory 2) how do i link /etc/hosts to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: deaconf19
1 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/inet/hosts modification question

HI, IF i modify /etc/inet/hosts file, do I need to reboot the box? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mokkan
1 Replies

5. Solaris

/etc/inet.d/nddconfig file.......

Hiii... Every One..... I want to know about : /etc/init.d/nddconfig file, and all it's entries .And how this file controles parameters of OS Hardening...... If any one have related materials then plz HELP........ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prashantshukla
2 Replies

6. SCO

/dev/inet/tcp not listening in SCO 6.

While in SCO Openserver 5.0.7, Sybase listened to /dev/inet/tcp, the same is not working in SCO Openserver 6. The Network card is however active and pinging fine. What can be the reason? What is the way out? An early response will be appreciated. Thank you Regards TCG (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thecobolguy
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HowTo check in inet.d or xinet.d is installed?

Hi how can I check to see that init.d or xinit.d is installed on a system? *edit* Also is there a way to have it be platform independant? rpm -qa works on some, but not all Any help is appreciated (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcdef
0 Replies

8. Solaris

rdate, ntp, cron, inet

I was told its better to run daemon instead of cron job to sync time. but which approach is less resource hungry? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orange47
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Can we restore omni oracle db backup

We have omni backup of oracle database about 40Gb, tablespaces are distributed over 2 partitions . But because of some reason both partition are not available more . Now we are in need to restore the entire data on new partitions .Can any guru's confirm if tried so earlier will this going to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
1 Replies

10. Hardware

Northgate OMNI Key/PLus Keyboard

Hi team, I have an old fashion (product of 1989) keyboard which is Northgate OMNI Key/PLus Keyboard I got the adapters ps2 and usb, but I still can't run it, I googled some stuff concerning the settings of the 8 dips in the back of the keyboard but couldn't find any helpful stuff. However, if... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
0 Replies
PPPOE-CONNECT(8)					      System Manager's Manual						  PPPOE-CONNECT(8)

NAME
pppoe-connect - Shell script to manage a PPPoE link SYNOPSIS
pppoe-connect [config_file] pppoe-connect interface user [config_file] DESCRIPTION
pppoe-connect is a shell script which manages a PPPoE connection using the Roaring Penguin user-space PPPoE client. If you omit con- fig_file, the default file /etc/ppp/pppoe.conf is used. If you supply interface and user, then they override the Ethernet interface and user-name settings in the configuration file. Note that normally, you should not invoke pppoe-connect directly. Instead, use pppoe-start to bring up the PPPoE connection. pppoe-connect first reads a configuration file. It then brings up a PPPoE connection. If the connection ever drops, a message is logged to syslog, and pppoe-connect re-establishes the connection. In addition, each time the connection is dropped or cannot be established, pppoe-connect executes the script /etc/ppp/pppoe-lost if it exists and is executable. The shell script pppoe-stop causes pppoe-connect to break out of its loop, bring the connection down, and exit. TECHNICAL DETAILS
pppoe-connect uses the following shell variables from the configuration file: ETH The Ethernet interface connected to the DSL modem (for example, eth0). USER The PPPoE user-id (for example, b1xxnxnx@sympatico.ca). PIDFILE A file in which to write the process-ID of the pppoe-connect process (for example, /var/run/pppoe.pid). Two additional files ($PID- FILE.pppd and $PIDFILE.pppoe) hold the process-ID's of the pppd and pppoe processes, respectively. By using different configuration files with different PIDFILE settings, you can manage multiple PPPoE connections. Just specify the con- figuration file as an argument to pppoe-start and pppoe-stop. AUTHOR
pppoe-connect was written by David F. Skoll <dfs@roaringpenguin.com>. The pppoe home page is http://www.roaringpenguin.com/pppoe/. SEE ALSO
pppoe(8), pppoe-start(8), pppoe-stop(8), pppd(8), pppoe.conf(5), pppoe-setup(8), pppoe-status(8), pppoe-sniff(8), pppoe-server(8), pppoe- relay(8) 4th Berkeley Distribution 21 February 2000 PPPOE-CONNECT(8)