Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting shell script not sending mail Post 302629921 by jim mcnamara on Wednesday 25th of April 2012 08:04:09 AM
Old 04-25-2012
Your code cannot work the way it seems you want it work, as posted.
What UNIX and shell are you on? Do you have ssh keys et up on your servers for the user account that is supposed to run the script?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

sending mail from a script

Hi I want to send a mail (to my id like abc@xyz.com) from a shell script running on HP Ux. Would like to include text from a file or include the file as attachment, either ways. Thanks Sidhu (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amardeep
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

sending a mail using shell script

Please help me in writing the script for sending an attachment through email.(For example my text file name is :abc.txt and it is in directory d:/abc) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anitha126
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for sending automatic email to personal mail id

hi guys, I need a shell script to send mail automatically to my personal mail id like xxxx@hotmail.com but while experimenting with "mail" command I faced following problems. cat text1.txt | mail -s 'test mail' xxxx@hotmail.com command successfully executed but while checking for... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rrd1986
4 Replies

4. Linux

Memory monitoring and sending alert mail to users in network using shell script

i m workiing on a shell script which may monitors network memory and send alert to user if it increase a threshold (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: navdeep5673
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading a file and sending mail by shell scripting?

hi I need help urgently...i need to write a shell script which can solve the following problem....its urgent plz help me out coz m totally newbie in shell scripting.... the problem is: Suppose I have a folder called logs. whenever some error occurs some correspondence error file is generated. I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sukhdip
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script for creating log file and sending mail?

Hi , I am trying to create shell script which will help me to compare file name in two folder. There is a multiple file store in 2 folder.I want to compare that with the name. If all the file are same then send a mail that "all date is same" if not then create one log file which contain... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: san_dy123
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending mail from shell script

Hello All, I m trying to send mail from my unix script, I have used the below command mailx -s 'hi' email address < temp.txt It is not giving me any error,but I couldn't receive the mail Can you please help me. Many Thanks, Pragyan (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prarat
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sending Mail via shell script

I am in need of a script that will send out emails while going through a NAT. What I have that works is as follows: display_remote_IP | sort | uniq | while read i do FOUND=0 for IP in `echo $ACCEPTABLEIP` do if ; then FOUND=1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ldapguy
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Configuring smtp settings and then sending the mail through shell script

I have make an menu in which first option is to start and second is to stop the services echo "Please enter the appropriate choice for doing the operations" echo " 1) STOP Services 2) START Services case $choice in 1) ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: punpun66
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

A shell script for checking the last image and sending it in attachment to mail

Hello every one. I use mutt : "mpack -s "Test" /home/pi/Pictures/2018-10-05_23_10_40.jpg my_email_addres " to send me a particular picture with the name of the data+jpg in a pictures folder, but this folder I use it for a timelapse proyect with more pictures , and what I need is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxbcn
2 Replies
uudemon(4)						     Kernel Interfaces Manual							uudemon(4)

NAME
uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour, uudemon.poll - Administrative shell scripts for polling remote systems, cleaning up spool directories, reporting status to the system administrator, and routine invocations of the uuxqt and uusched daemons SYNOPSIS
These shell scripts reside in the following directory: /usr/lib/uucp DESCRIPTION
All the scripts can be run from the command line or can be run automatically by the cron daemon. To automatically run the scripts, remove the comment character (#) from the beginning of the relevant line in the /var/spool/cron/crontabs/uucp file. This script reports status to the system administrator. It issues the uustat command to find out the status of uucp jobs. It mails the results to the uucp login ID. The script may be modified to send mail to any login ID such as the uucp administrative login ID (uucpa) or root. This script cleans up the /var/spool/uucp and /var/spool/uucppublic directories by running the uucleanup command. The uucleanup com- mand is run with the following parameters: -C7, -D7, X2, -o2, -W1. This script runs the uusched and uuxqt daemons in the background. This script polls the systems listed in the /usr/lib/uucp/Poll file. The uudemon.poll script should be scheduled before the uudemon.hour script. This allows uudemon.poll to create any command files before cron runs the uudemon.hour script. FILES
Contains the uudemon.admin, uudemon.cleanu, uudemon.hour and uudemon.poll files. Contains the uucp file. RELATED INFORMATION
Commands: cron(8), uucleanup(8), uusched(8), uuxqt(1) Files: /usr/lib/uucp delim off uudemon(4)