Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Measurement file parsing
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Measurement file parsing Post 302629265 by neutronscott on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 12:33:24 PM
Old 04-24-2012
Just awk.

Code:
awk '
/measure1/{a["measure1"]=$NF}
/zdfg/{a["zdfg"]=$NF}
/cpu_use/{a["cpu_use"]=$NF}
END { printf("%s,%s,%s\n", a["measure1"],a["zdfg"],a["cpu_use"]) }' file

for a start..
This User Gave Thanks to neutronscott For This Post:

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Performance measurement of Code

I hope I am posting the query at right place.. I have the project running as 32 bit application on Solaris 8. I want to port this to 64Bit application. Before I start this process, I would like to compare the performance of a sample code running as 32Bit/64 Bit executables on a 64 bit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amit_sapre
1 Replies

2. Programming

time measurement

I have a bottleneck in one of my applications...I have a loop that goes through a few thousand interations, but does quite a few things (digs info out of a database, sends the data to another application, etc...). I want to put in some debugging to determine what function calls are taking the most... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jalburger
8 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Commands performance measurement

Hi, Actually i wanted to check out the process time for the execution of commands on unix, i looking for the script which can include all commands which are to be executed on the system and i need to get the time for executing each command, can somebody help me Thanks & Regards Murali (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hsmuralidhara
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing of file for Report Generation (String parsing and splitting)

Hey guys, I have this file generated by me... i want to create some HTML output from it. The problem is that i am really confused about how do I go about reading the file. The file is in the following format: TID1 Name1 ATime=xx AResult=yyy AExpected=yyy BTime=xx BResult=yyy... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: umar.shaikh
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert file storage size from one unit of measurement to another

The source number is always in megabytes and I need a script to covert into either MB,GB or TB displayed in a specific format. Source number examples: 5345376635 34255 5453645846353 The result has to be maximum 2 numbers after the comma 1.13 TB 134.17 TB 413.46 GB 678.45 MB I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TehOne
3 Replies

6. IP Networking

SNMP OID for Network Utilization measurement

Hi everyone, I've just copied a snmpget script from somewhere. This script is basically used to collect basic router information. Ex: syscontact,syslocation,etc. And I want to extend the script to be able to collect some network information and utilization of some machines ex: bandwith usage,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
0 Replies

7. IP Networking

OID for Bandwith and Throughput Measurement

Hey Guys, Does anybody know, which OID's of Net-SNMP is used to collect throughput and bandwith usage of machine?? I got these OID's ..iso.org.dod.internet.mgmt.mib-2.interfaces.ifTable.ifEntry.ifOutOctets ..1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.16 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: franzramadhan
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat - IO performance measurement

Hi Currently we have SAN setup in our Redhat Environment. I have used iostat tool and ran it couple of times, i think there is IO bottle neck. Can anyone suggest any other tools or help me how to perform multiple Reads/Writes to test its performance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rakeshkumar
1 Replies
IGAWK(1)							 Utility Commands							  IGAWK(1)

NAME
igawk - gawk with include files SYNOPSIS
igawk [ all gawk options ] -f program-file [ -- ] file ... igawk [ all gawk options ] [ -- ] program-text file ... DESCRIPTION
Igawk is a simple shell script that adds the ability to have ``include files'' to gawk(1). AWK programs for igawk are the same as for gawk, except that, in addition, you may have lines like @include getopt.awk in your program to include the file getopt.awk from either the current directory or one of the other directories in the search path. OPTIONS
See gawk(1) for a full description of the AWK language and the options that gawk supports. EXAMPLES
cat << EOF > test.awk @include getopt.awk BEGIN { while (getopt(ARGC, ARGV, "am:q") != -1) ... } EOF igawk -f test.awk SEE ALSO
gawk(1) Effective AWK Programming, Edition 1.0, published by the Free Software Foundation, 1995. AUTHOR
Arnold Robbins (arnold@skeeve.com). Free Software Foundation Nov 3 1999 IGAWK(1)