Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat How to get Latest PHP for Centos 5-i686 Post 302629097 by babinlonston on Tuesday 24th of April 2012 09:54:15 AM
Old 04-24-2012
Java How to get Latest PHP for Centos 5-i686

im using Centos 5 i686 , When ever im install Php using yum install php its downloading php-mysql 5.1.6-32.el5 or php 5.1.6-32.el5 , i want to download and install php 5.4.0 by yum install php command how its possible ? How to add latest repository to get latest php pls help , Even i have downloaded php tar file latest and i cant able to install how to install from tar file tried commands such as
./configure
make
make install
the command ./configure works perfect after that make is not working how to type the full command ?

SmilieSmilieSmilieSmilieSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

i686, x86 64, ppc

Hi, i am quite new to linux. I am interested in fedora linux distro. Fedora Project I dont know which one to choose, either i686, x86 64 or ppc. I prefer a live cd, coz its easy to use. And what is the difference between "Fedora Desktop Live Media" and "Fedora KDE Live Media". (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: superblacksmith
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

install centos with php and oracle client

Hi i'm trying to install centos ver 5 with apache server 1.3 and need to install oracle client to connect from the php to oracle data base. the problem is that evry package that i install needs some dependencis and i coudent figure yet the right combination. can any one help me to find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lione.heart
3 Replies

3. High Performance Computing

Memory Barriers for (Ubuntu) Linux (i686)

Hi all, (Hope this is the right forum for this question) I have some multi-threaded C code (compiled with GCC 4.4.3) which accesses shared variables. Although I've marked those variables with volatile to guard against compiler re-ordering, I'm concerned that processor out-of-order execution... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: gorga
19 Replies

4. Linux

Installing centOS in i686

I am not able to find any references related to installing centOS in i686 machine ? Is it supported or not ? This does not list it at all, so a little bit confused CentOS - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia No luck with google also ! Appreciate if somebody can help. Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thegeek
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Fedora 16 (i686) DVD boot issue in x86 (32bit)

Hi, I'm using fedora for 5 years. recently i decided to install new version (16). after i reboot the computer and want to boot from dvd nothing happen's and system boot's from hard disk (i have setup the bios to directly boot from dvd-rom and my dvd-rom is ok). i have downloaded (again) fc16 dvd... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ba$h
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing PECL LUA on Centos for PHP

I'm kinda new to Linux, I'm mostly run websites, and it's rather easy to do everything... except install this PECL LUA plugin. :wall: I start by running this command: pecl install lua-0.9.4 downloading lua-0.9.4.tgz ... Starting to download lua-0.9.4.tgz (12,617 bytes) .....done: 12,617... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackstar
0 Replies

7. Red Hat

How to Upgrade Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image on Vmware workstation

Dear Linux Experts, On my windows 7 desktop with the help of Vmware workstation (Version 7.1), created virtual machine and installed Centos 5.7 successfully using ISO image. Query : Is this possible to upgrade the Centos 5.7 using Centos 5.8 ISO image to Centos version 5.8?.. if yes kindly... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ananthcn
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Error in http Im Using Centos 5.5 i686

Im Using Centos 5.5 i686 , its installed in Vmware Player , And while trying to open http://192.168.200.129/webmin-1.600/ in google chrome or any other browser in Base System Windows Xp its Shows as Index of /webmin-1.600 and folders were listed and shown in browser , some webmin or CRM software... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: babinlonston
2 Replies

9. Red Hat

Issue installing pam-1.1.1-10.el6.i686 using yum

When trying to install pam-1.1.1-10.el6.i686 package using yum, we are getting the following error message. We also noticed that there is an existing pam-1.1.1-10.el6.x86_64 is already installed (checked through "rpm -qa | grep pam-1.1.1-10.el6"). Is there a way to resolve/work around this issue. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: talk1234
4 Replies

10. Linux

Unable to send email with sendmail from PHP 5.3 on CentOS VM

I have a longstanding issue on my CentOS 5.6 VM where I am unable to send email from my PHP application. This is the last bunch of lines from my /var/log/maillog file. Feb 14 10:29:16 dev53 sendmail: s1EATEEo004637: Authentication-Warning: www.craig.dev-crmpicco.lan: apache set sender to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: crmpicco
2 Replies
php-config(1)                                                   Scripting Language                                                   php-config(1)

NAME
php-config - get information about PHP configuration and compile options SYNOPSIS
php-config [options] DESCRIPTION
php-config is a simple shell script for obtaining information about installed PHP configuration. OPTIONS
--prefix Directory prefix where PHP is installed, e.g. /usr/local --includes List of -I options with all include files --ldflags LD Flags which PHP was compiled with --libs Extra libraries which PHP was compiled with --man-dir The directory prefix where the manpages is installed --extension-dir Directory where extensions are searched by default --include-dir Directory prefix where header files are installed by default --php-binary Full path to php CLI or CGI binary --php-sapis Show all SAPI modules installed on the Debian system --configure-options Configure options to recreate configuration of current PHP installation --version PHP version --vernum PHP version as integer SEE ALSO
php(1) VERSION INFORMATION
This manpage describes php, version 7.0.33-6+ubuntu18.04.1+deb.sury.org+3. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 1997-2017 The PHP Group This source file is subject to version 3.01 of the PHP license, that is bundled with this package in the file LICENSE, and is available through the world-wide-web at the following url: http://www.php.net/license/3_01.txt If you did not receive a copy of the PHP license and are unable to obtain it through the world-wide-web, please send a note to license@php.net so we can mail you a copy immediately. The PHP Group 2017 php-config(1)