Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Delete Directories
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete Directories Post 302628469 by ad23 on Monday 23rd of April 2012 01:56:08 PM
Old 04-23-2012
Any suggestions?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

need some help with a script to delete directories.

Hello, I need a hand with a script im trying to make. I have a directory /usr/db/mail with a bunch of subdirectories such as /usr/db/mail/domain1.com /usr/db/mail/domain2.com etc. etc. all of these directories in turn have sub directories of their own. What I need to do is search all of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: centrino
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete old home directories

I have a script that deletes obselete users from /etc/passwd then moves their home directories to another location. After 30 days, I need to delete the home directories that were moved to the new location. I would appreciate any ideas on how to delete the directories after the 30 days? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: munch
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete Directories and Contents

How to delete all subdirectories and contents? oh, and if they are hard linked? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t4st33@mac.com
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete and check directories

hi im so sorry i do not have time im doing an urgent cleanup. I have to check on directories for example: /export/home/itbr /export/home/bscsmig there are more but i have the list. how do i write a ksh script in for loop to check those directories and delete display a message if it was... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sbavanis
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete old directories

Hi I have 10 directories.I want to delete all the dicrectories except the three recent directories based on timestamp.I am new to BASH can u help me? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: newuser_25
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to delete old directories

Hi, I have a requirement like, I need to create the directory with date and time stap (i.e YYYYMMDDHMS) every day end need to delete the old directories which is 12 months old. I have tested with following script cd /export/home/sbeeravo/; find . -type d -mtime +365 -exec rm -rf {} \; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ShirishaReddy
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete File from Directories

Hi All, I am trying to delete Files from a directory using the below command find $/test/abc/xyz -mtime +30 -exec rm -f {} \; The above command is deleting the files more than 30 days. The problem is there are some subdirectories in xyz, when i execute the above command its trying to delete... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
3 Replies

8. Red Hat

How to delete only directories alone?

Hi, I need to delete (remove) only directories. How to achieve this? Plz help (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthick nath
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to delete directories and files with xargs?

Hello, i have an dynamical apache_cache that I need to clean all days (older tant one day) with an unix command : find /usr/IBM/HTTPServer/apache_cache/ -name '*' -mtime +1 -print0|xargs -0 rm -r -- but it didn't work. Could you explain me why. So I will put below all my script :... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: steiner
13 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete duplicate directories?

Is there a way via some bash script or just cmd to find duplicate directories? i have main folders: TEST1 TEST2 In folder TEST1 is some amount of same folders as in folder TEST2 can be this done? i tried fdupe but it only search for dupe files not whle dirs thx! (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: ZerO13
8 Replies
ATF-SH(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						 ATF-SH(1)

NAME
atf-sh [-s shell] -- interpreter for shell-based test programs SYNOPSIS
atf-sh script DESCRIPTION
atf-sh is an interpreter that runs the test program given in script after loading the atf-sh(3) library. atf-sh is not a real interpreter though: it is just a wrapper around the system-wide shell defined by ATF_SHELL. atf-sh executes the inter- preter, loads the atf-sh(3) library and then runs the script. You must consider atf-sh to be a POSIX shell by default and thus should not use any non-standard extensions. The following options are available: -s shell Specifies the shell to use instead of the value provided by ATF_SHELL. ENVIRONMENT
ATF_LIBEXECDIR Overrides the builtin directory where atf-sh is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_PKGDATADIR Overrides the builtin directory where libatf-sh.subr is located. Should not be overridden other than for testing purposes. ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. Scripts must not rely on this variable being set to select a specific interpreter. EXAMPLES
Scripts using atf-sh(3) should start with: #! /usr/bin/env atf-sh Alternatively, if you want to explicitly choose a shell interpreter, you cannot rely on env(1) to find atf-sh. Instead, you have to hardcode the path to atf-sh in the script and then use the -s option afterwards as a single parameter: #! /path/to/bin/atf-sh -s/bin/bash ENVIRONMENT
ATF_SHELL Path to the system shell to be used in the generated scripts. SEE ALSO
atf-sh(3) BSD
September 27, 2014 BSD