Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting [Bash/Makefile] Concatenated string of filenames? Post 302628397 by ChazZeromus on Monday 23rd of April 2012 11:55:55 AM
Old 04-23-2012
[Bash/Makefile] Concatenated string of filenames?

How would I go about storing a list of files in a sub-directory into a variable for argument passing?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash: reading filenames from file

Hi, I'm trying to write a script that reads filenames from a file and use these filenames in a loop. The filenames are all on one line and the problem is that these filenames have wildcards like * and braces like in them. Right now what I'm doing is something like this: echo "reading from... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: warp17
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to list filenames that do not contain given string

Hi, I need to write a perl script that should do a search recursively in all the '*.txt' files for the string "ALL -Tcb" and should print only the file names that do not contain this string. (21 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
21 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Whitespace in filenames in for loop in bash script

I'm trying to search all .odt files in a directory for a string in the text of the file. I've found a bash script that works, except that it can't handle whitespace in the filenames. #!/bin/bash if ; then echo "Usage: searchodt searchterm" exit 1 fi for file in $(ls *.odt); do ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: triplemaya
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script - stripping away characters that can't be used in filenames

I want to create a temp file which is named based on a search string. The search string may contain spaces or characters that aren't supposed to be used in filenames so I want to strip those out. My thought was to use 'tr' with but the result is the opposite of what I want: $ echo "test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mglenney
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finiding filenames with specific index string

Hi All, I have a file (Names.txt) and the contents of the file is give below. $ cat Names.txt FF313207008.txt FF223207007.txt FF143207006.txt FF372150600.txt FF063407005.txt FF063307005.txt $ From these given file names I want to find the files which has the 6th index value as 2. So... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: krish_indus
5 Replies

6. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Appending file extensions to filenames in bash scripts

Hi Suppose I have a variable called filename and it it contains the name of a file. I then would like to append an extension to that filename. The filename currently has no extensions. How do I do this? Thanks (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash command in makefile (cygwin)

Hello, In my make file (make 3.81), I use a combination of shell commands to automatically create the name of my build directory. OS := $(shell uname -s) ARCH := $(shell uname -m) KERN := $(shell uname -r | cut -d. -f 1,2) BDIR := $(OS)_$(KERN).$(ARCH)When I boot into different OSs, I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: LMHmedchem
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash script from makefile - it is called each time i call make

I've created a tag in the makefile: mytag: $(shell ${PWD}/script.sh) When i do: make clean - the script is executed When i perform make or make mytag the script is again executed with the output: make: Nothing to be done for mytag What i want ? I want script.sh to be executed only... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pufo
0 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store filenames for wget in bash

I have a bash that downloads a list of files as a text file using wget. What I now need to do is store those files names and pass them to a download call also using wget. List.txt in /home directory FilterDuplicates.html file1.bam file2.bam file3.bam file1.vcf.gz file2.vcf.gz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash: Picking up filenames then moving to next directory

I have a collection of directories, for example as below I want to create a loop that goes in the first directory and picks up the *hhz*.sac.pzs filename in a variable, and the other files matching *hhz*.sac in another variable (however I do not want to pick the *hhz*.sac.pzs). This is because... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
4 Replies
BASHBUG(1)							      bashbug								BASHBUG(1)

NAME
bashbug - report a bug in bash SYNOPSIS
bashbug [--help] [--version] [bug-report-email-addresses] DESCRIPTION
bashbug is a utility for reporting bugs in Bash to the maintainers. bashbug will start up your preferred editor with a preformatted bug report template for you to fill in. Save the file and quit the editor once you have completed the missing fields. bashbug will notify you of any problems with the report and ask for confirmation before sending it. By default the bug report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. The recipients can be changed by giving a comma separated list of bug-report-email-addresses. If you invoke bashbug by accident, just quit your editor. You will always be asked for confirmation before a bug report is sent. OPTIONS
--help Show a brief usage message and exit. --version Show the version of bashbug and exit. bug-report-email-addresses Comma separated list of recipients' email addresses. By default the report is mailed to both the GNU developers and the Debian Bash maintainers. ENVIRONMENT
DEFEDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report. EDITOR Editor to use for editing the bug report (overridden by DEFEDITOR). SEE ALSO
bash(1), reportbug(1), update-alternatives(8) for preferred editor. AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Christer Andersson <klamm@comhem.se> for the Debian project (but may be used by others). GNU Bash 3.1 11 December 2007 BASHBUG(1)