Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sendEmail: Script and Array
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting sendEmail: Script and Array Post 302627813 by Scrutinizer on Sunday 22nd of April 2012 12:37:51 AM
Old 04-22-2012
There should be double quotes around the variable references..
Also, a command cannot be spread over two lines like that.

I do not think the quotes in the config file are necessary, since with
Code:
while IFS="=" read VAR VALUE

$VALUE sweeps up everything to the right of the =-sign

There are a couple of questions I would have are, like why are the values being put in a numbered array, why is a loop being used, why do spaces need to be removed from $VAR and what is the benefit of creating a config file format like that, in which only the information needed for a single email can be stored.

--
As a side note: the specified shell on line 1 does not match the syntax in the script, which is bash or ksh93. CentOS shell is not the name of a shell.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using array in script?

Dear all, I have following set of code which I want to modify In the given code, the given PATH535 only accept the single path. I would like to modify it to make it array and should be able to pass several of the path address together. for example like following: PATH535=/pathA/log/A/... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
5 Replies

2. Solaris

Solaris 10 Sendemail with Attachment

Hello I need your kind help for configuring email on Solaris 10 so I can send reports from the system to my management and my colleagues. I have the IP address of the email server of my company and the port 2525. I went through many documents online with no luck. Can any one help me... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: samer.odeh
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail - Script reading database file with sleep command

Hello, I would like to send email message to my mail list. I have been running linux based server and I submitted this process manually up to now. I would like to send each individual with a shell script. In ssh panel, I tested below command and it works smoothly. sendEmail -t... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: baris35
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help in perl script Array.

hi Team, i need a help in perl , i need to get values(10 rows +) from perl GUI and insert those values into oracle table. am trying to achive this in Perl array, can you please help me on this. thanks senthil (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: senkerth
1 Replies

5. Ubuntu

Sendemail... is there a receivemail?

Hello, I installed the sendemail program for commandline/script outgoing mail. It works great. I was wondering if there is some simple program to receive mail. Something like the sendemail program... Grtz (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: raylier
5 Replies

6. Solaris

Send multi content email using sendemail utility

Hi Guys, I am trying to send email from solaris server using sendemail utility. I want to send multi content email. For example, i want to send email body with html file and a attachment of txt file. I using below code but the html not render correctly in email body. ( echo "To:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tharmendran
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sendemail Error - Authentication... failed

SCO Unix OpenServer v6. We use the script below for sending mass emails with attachments. sendemail -f $From_user -o message-file=/u/fg4/data/EmailDefaultBody.html -u $su bj -s $MAIL_SRVR -xu $MAIL_USER -xp $MAIL_PSWD -a $emlname.pdf -t $MAILTO MAIL_SVR=SMPTOUT.SECURESERVER.NET ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jet47
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

SendEmail and Variable

Hi everyone, I try to send an email with "sendemail", I created four variables for do cleaner but it doesn't work :( below : #!/bin/bash sender=$(X@x.com) recipient=$(x@x.com) subject=$(Files Copy) server=$(x.x.x.x) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m blablabla... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sendemail how to send an email with a subject variable

Hi,:) I try this : #!/bin/bash sender="me@example.com" recipient="you@example.com" subject="TEST FILE" server="0.0.0.0" file=$(cat file.txt) /usr/bin/sendemail -f $sender -t $recipient -u $subject -m $file My file.txt: BLABLALA BLABLABLA (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arnaudh78
7 Replies
SendEmail(1)							   User Commands						      SendEmail(1)

NAME
SendEmail - Lightweight, command line SMTP email client SYNOPSIS
SendEmail -f ADDRESS [options] OPTIONS
-f ADDRESS from (sender) email address * At least one recipient required via -t, -cc, or -bcc * Message body required via -m, STDIN, or -o message-file=FILE Common: -t ADDRESS [ADDR ...] to email address(es) -u SUBJECT message subject -m MESSAGE message body -s SERVER[:PORT] smtp mail relay, default is localhost:25 Optional: -a FILE [FILE ...] file attachment(s) -cc ADDRESS [ADDR ...] cc email address(es) -bcc ADDRESS [ADDR ...] bcc email address(es) [32;1mParanormal:[m -xu USERNAME authentication user (for SMTP authentication) -xp PASSWORD authentication password (for SMTP authentication) -l LOGFILE log to the specified file -v verbosity, use multiple times for greater effect -q be quiet (no stdout output) -o NAME=VALUE see extended help topic "misc" for details Help: --help TOPIC The following extended help topics are available: addressing explain addressing and related options message explain message body input and related options misc explain -xu, -xp, and others networking explain -s, etc output explain logging and other output options REPORTING BUGS
Report bugs to <http://bugs.debian.org/sendemail> AUTHOR
sendemail was written by Brandon Zehm <caspian@dotconf.net> . This manual page was written by Brandon Zehm and improved by Alejandro Garrido Mota <garridomota@gmail.com>, for the Debian project (and may be used by others). sendEmail September 2010 SendEmail(1)