Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Find and Move Files up One Level Post 302627335 by vbe on Friday 20th of April 2012 12:32:45 PM
Old 04-20-2012
Anything wrong with just:
Code:
 mv *.<ext> ../.

?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

find top 100 files and move them

i have some 1000 files in my dir and i want to find top 100 files and move them to some other location: below the 2 commands i used, but it is not working ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -100 | xargs mv destination - _________>not working ls -ltr | grep ^- | head -100 | xargs mv {}... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ali560045
3 Replies

2. Red Hat

Find a word from multiple level files on Linux

To find a word from multiple level files: "find . -type f -exec grep {} +" is working on UNIX machines but not working on Linux machine. What is the equivalent command on Linux to find the word from multiple level files? Input is appreciated. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ywu081006
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find files on first level folder

Hi: I have: folderA |----folderB |----folder1 |----folder2 |----folder3 |----folder3.1 Question: How can I find *.txt ONLY from /folderA/folderB/ and not the others folder1,2,3?? I tried: find... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: iga3725
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Recursively move a subfolder to one upper level

Hi, all: My folder structure is like: What I'm expecting to realize is to have my folders look like: How to realize it? Cheers Pei (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiapei100
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

move directories up one level

hi , could you help me with shell scripting in a shell script i have these commands a=`ls -R $dir | grep ./ ` cp -R ./$a/* ./$output/ with the first command i have all the directories with the second command i want to copy them in a new directory something like this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: faethon
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and move files parsed from cvs file

I need help with a bash script. We have a directory of files which need to be renamed and moved to another directory based on filename information in a cvs file. The contents of the cvs file are as follows: A102345,abc123 A102347,dfg475 Where dfg475 is the basename without extension Our... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lloyd Boyette
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help list/find files greater 1G move to different directory

I have have 6 empty directory below. I would like write bash scipt if any files less "1000000000" bytes then move to "/export/home/mytmp/final" folder first and any files greater than "1000000000" bytes then move to final1, final2, final3, final4, final4, final5 and that depend see how many files,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dotran
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find a list of files in directory, move to new, allow duplicates

Greetings. I know enough Unix to be dangerous (!) and know that there is a clever way to do the following and it will save me about a day of agony (this time) and I will use it forever after! (many days of agony saved in the future)! Basically I need to find any image files (JPGs, PSDs etc)... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Clyde Lovett
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and Move files

I have the below command to delete all .xml files older than 90 days find . -type f -name '*.xml' -mtime +90 -exec rm {} \; What will be the command to move all the .xml files older than 90 days to this folder -> "/tmp/my_bk" My OS: SunOS my-pc 5.10 Generic_150400-17 sun4v sparc... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Move all files one directory level up

I want to move all the files in a given directory up one level. For example: Dir1 Subdir1 I want to move all the files in Subdir1 up to Dir1 (then I want to ultimately delete Subdir1) Thanks, Ted (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ftrobaugh
10 Replies
ERR_GET_LIB(3)							      OpenSSL							    ERR_GET_LIB(3)

NAME
ERR_GET_LIB, ERR_GET_FUNC, ERR_GET_REASON - get library, function and reason code SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/err.h> int ERR_GET_LIB(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_FUNC(unsigned long e); int ERR_GET_REASON(unsigned long e); DESCRIPTION
The error code returned by ERR_get_error() consists of a library number, function code and reason code. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() can be used to extract these. The library number and function code describe where the error occurred, the reason code is the information about what went wrong. Each sub-library of OpenSSL has a unique library number; function and reason codes are unique within each sub-library. Note that different libraries may use the same value to signal different functions and reasons. ERR_R_... reason codes such as ERR_R_MALLOC_FAILURE are globally unique. However, when checking for sub-library specific reason codes, be sure to also compare the library number. ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are macros. RETURN VALUES
The library number, function code and reason code respectively. SEE ALSO
err(3), ERR_get_error(3) HISTORY
ERR_GET_LIB(), ERR_GET_FUNC() and ERR_GET_REASON() are available in all versions of SSLeay and OpenSSL. 50 2013-03-05 ERR_GET_LIB(3)