Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Mail not attaching the attachment when schedule in crontab Post 302625847 by shamrock on Wednesday 18th of April 2012 11:43:03 AM
Old 04-18-2012
What platform are you trying this on...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

Attaching files in Mail with HP Unix

I am trying to attach a .xls file using uuencode in HP Unix uuencode res1.xls res1.xls | mailx abc@xyz.com But in the receiving end, I couldn't see the attachement, instead of it some encoded text is there in the body of mail Can anybody suggest how to attach the files in HP Unix. I don't... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: unipepper
12 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

attaching the file to mail

Hi, In my script, i am using tar to combine 2 files, so that i can attach it to the mail. everything is working fine and sending the mail successfully. But, when i save the file to desktop and unzip it. a series of directories are there and finally those tar files are there. i am using tar -cf... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: javeed7
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab schedule

I have the following crontab entry. 0,30 00-16 * * * This job runs every 30 minutes between the hours of 12:00AM and 4:00PM. How can I have it stop at 4:30PM instead? Thank you, David (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dkranes
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in attaching CVS file to the mail

i wrote this code(( cat $REPORT_EMAIL;uuencode <$OUTFILE $OUTFILE ) | mailx -s "Auto Policy Attach Report Before batch job " $SUPPORT_EMAIL_GRP) in my shell script to attach afile but in the mail i donot get a attachment contais of the mail is Auto Policy Attach Report Before batch job... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alokjyotibal
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

attaching file in mail command from shell script

Hi all, Currently in shell script i am using the following command to send mail echo "Certain assets are not loaded properly. PFA the result of the DataLoad" | mail -s "Weekly DataLoad - Failure Notification !!" $MAILINGLIST I need to attach a file along with that. How should i handle this... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ananthi_ku
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix Crontab schedule

Hi, I want schedule a script with fowllowing days. The crontab and schedule to run every 2 hours from Monday to Saturday at noon. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: koti_rama
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab schedule

Hi, I have a script which will query the DB and added to crontab at 1,2,6,7 AM everyday and sends a email if count is 0. Now the problem is, if crontab is disabled it doesn't sends a mail. Please tell me how can I handle this situation in the script. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandy1028
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Schedule a Crontab

All, I'm a newbie with crontab and I need your help with schedule a cold-backup running every Sunday at 7am except 1st of the month. Thank you so much. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hanie123
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab schedule

Hi all, I would like to schedule a crontab script, which should run From 8pm Thursday to 2am Friday and it should run every 10 minutes. I have put a script like below, is it the correct one. 10 01,02,20,21,22,23,00 * * 4-5 /u01/app/test.ksh Any other options available to schedule the same... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sid2013
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to schedule crontab?

Hi All, How to schedule crontab on all day except sunday and monday means from tuesday to saturday at 06:00AM. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Riverstone
3 Replies
platform(n)						       Tcl Bundled Packages						       platform(n)

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

NAME
platform - System identification support code and utilities SYNOPSIS
package require platform ?1.0.4? platform::generic platform::identify platform::patterns identifier _________________________________________________________________ DESCRIPTION
The platform package provides several utility commands useful for the identification of the architecture of a machine running Tcl. Whilst Tcl provides the tcl_platform array for identifying the current architecture (in particular, the platform and machine elements) this is not always sufficient. This is because (on Unix machines) tcl_platform reflects the values returned by the uname command and these are not standardized across platforms and architectures. In addition, on at least one platform (AIX) the tcl_platform(machine) contains the CPU serial number. Consequently, individual applications need to manipulate the values in tcl_platform (along with the output of system specific utilities) - which is both inconvenient for developers, and introduces the potential for inconsistencies in identifying architectures and in naming con- ventions. The platform package prevents such fragmentation - i.e., it establishes a standard naming convention for architectures running Tcl and makes it more convenient for developers to identify the current architecture a Tcl program is running on. COMMANDS
platform::identify This command returns an identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. The returned identifier has the general for- mat OS-CPU. The OS part of the identifier may contain details like kernel version, libc version, etc., and this information may con- tain dashes as well. The CPU part will not contain dashes, making the preceding dash the last dash in the result. platform::generic This command returns a simplified identifier describing the platform the Tcl core is running on. In contrast to platform::identify it leaves out details like kernel version, libc version, etc. The returned identifier has the general format OS-CPU. platform::patterns identifier This command takes an identifier as returned by platform::identify and returns a list of identifiers describing compatible architec- tures. KEYWORDS
operating system, cpu architecture, platform, architecture platform 1.0.4 platform(n)