Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: ssh command help
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting ssh command help Post 302625191 by talashil on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 11:23:17 AM
Old 04-17-2012
ssh command help

I am running a ssh command like this :

Code:
ssh abc1234 '. /opt/dba/oraadmin/tools/oraenv.sh -S tstd1; export PATH=$PATH:$ORACLE_HOME/bin;echo "select count(*) from (select b.username  from dba_sys_privs a,dba_users b where a.privilege='CREATE SESSION' and a.grantee=b.username union select b.username  from dba_role_privs a,dba_users b where a.grantee=b.username and a.granted_role in (select grantee from dba_sys_privs where privilege='CREATE SESSION' ));" | sqlplus -S "/as sysdba" '

but on target host , when it's executing it's removing '' ( quotes) around CREATE SESSION . How to include '' ( quotes) in SSH command ?

Thanks

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ssh command

hi to you all, Is it possible to change all subfolder's permission to 755 and all the files' permission (regardless of its filetype) t0 644 in 1 command? if so what would be the complete command for this ? i tried chmod -R permission /folder -- but if will give all the files and subfolders... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsonist
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command in unix

what does -r option mean for ssh commad. what does below commad do? ssh -r command (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudhakarn
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh command with password

hi: how can i use ssh with password in the command line . (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rainboisterous
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with ssh login and command

Hi I want to make a ssh login and excute a command in the same step. I am trying something like ssh -t -t -Y hostname 'sh myscript' However I recive connection to "host" closed and nothing has happend. I can succesfully log in to the host and then excute my script if I do it in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mtepe
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command for SSH with @ in User Name

I am trying to log into a server using SSH through the command line. I understand that the format is sftp -oPort=22 Username@Hostname. My issue is that my user name also has an @ symbol in it. Can someone tell me how I can get the system to not think that the last half of the user name as part... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: davkatjenn
9 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Use 3 descriptors with ssh command

Hi, I want to execute some commands via ssh. errupdate <enter> =5A7598C3: <enter> Report=False <enter> Log=False <enter> <CTRL + D> <CTRL + D> how can i do this ? I suppose i have to use file descriptor but i don't know how ? Thank you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: khalidou13
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seeing output of command over ssh

Hey Guys, i have a script that generates logs at our isilon storage. The part of the script is to geneate logs and grep its name: VAR=`ssh -o UserKnownHostsFile=/dev/null root@XXX isi_gather_info | grep -i "Package:" | awk '{ print $2 }'` Now , while this is run, i do not see the status of... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anshulsahdev
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SSH command

Hi All, The code is running from A server cat queuecreation.sh ssh $1 echo "$3" | runmqsc "$2" Running the script as below ./queuecreation.sh <servername> <Queuemanagername> <QueuecreationCommand> ./queuecreation.sh Bserver QASSBSSS 'DEFINE QL(TEST)' The issue here is, ssh... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anusha M
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Ssh command error

Hello, I have simple ssh command which is throwing "syntax error: `(' unexpected" error. Below is the command. Could someone please advise on whats wrong with command. #!/bin/bash ssh user@host "ENDJOB JOB(I5OSDRV)" I have tried `,'. but no luck. Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: s_linux
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execute ssh command with additional terminal command to any remote user not working script

Hello i am having an issue with bash script and this is the code now=$(cat hosts1.txt | awk '{print $2;}') while read n ;do ssh root@$now 'useradd test1; echo -e "test1\ntest1" | passwd test1 && echo "test1 ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL" >> /etc/sudoers' When i execute only part with cat, it... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomislav91
8 Replies
CREATE 
TABLESPACE(7) SQL Commands CREATE TABLESPACE(7) NAME
CREATE TABLESPACE - define a new tablespace SYNOPSIS
CREATE TABLESPACE tablespacename [ OWNER username ] LOCATION 'directory' DESCRIPTION
CREATE TABLESPACE registers a new cluster-wide tablespace. The tablespace name must be distinct from the name of any existing tablespace in the database cluster. A tablespace allows superusers to define an alternative location on the file system where the data files containing database objects (such as tables and indexes) can reside. A user with appropriate privileges can pass tablespacename to CREATE DATABASE, CREATE TABLE, CREATE INDEX or ADD CONSTRAINT to have the data files for these objects stored within the specified tablespace. PARAMETERS
tablespacename The name of a tablespace to be created. The name cannot begin with pg_, as such names are reserved for system tablespaces. username The name of the user who will own the tablespace. If omitted, defaults to the user executing the command. Only superusers can create tablespaces, but they can assign ownership of tablespaces to non-superusers. directory The directory that will be used for the tablespace. The directory must be empty and must be owned by the PostgreSQL system user. The directory must be specified by an absolute path name. NOTES
Tablespaces are only supported on systems that support symbolic links. CREATE TABLESPACE cannot be executed inside a transaction block. EXAMPLES
Create a tablespace dbspace at /data/dbs: CREATE TABLESPACE dbspace LOCATION '/data/dbs'; Create a tablespace indexspace at /data/indexes owned by user genevieve: CREATE TABLESPACE indexspace OWNER genevieve LOCATION '/data/indexes'; COMPATIBILITY
CREATE TABLESPACE is a PostgreSQL extension. SEE ALSO
CREATE DATABASE [create_database(7)], CREATE TABLE [create_table(7)], CREATE INDEX [create_index(7)], DROP TABLESPACE [drop_tablespace(7)], ALTER TABLESPACE [alter_tablespace(7)] SQL - Language Statements 2010-05-14 CREATE TABLESPACE(7)