Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX - read only FTP
Operating Systems AIX AIX - read only FTP Post 302625141 by henriette on Tuesday 17th of April 2012 10:24:16 AM
Old 04-17-2012
Thanks for reply.

I tried it and I get error (great!):

Code:
ftp> put core
200 EPRT command successful.
550 Write access denied

but when I try to make directory, it's OK and directory is created..

Code:
ftp> mkdir testfolder
257 MKD command successful.
ftp> ls -la
200 EPRT command successful.
150 Opening data connection for /bin/ls.
total 0
drwxr-x---    3 xxx      xxx             256 Apr 17 17:23 .
drwxr-x---    7 xxx      xxx             256 Apr 17 17:18 ..
drwxr-x---    2 xxx      xxx             256 Apr 17 17:23 testfolder

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

FTP to read a directory

help needed ! I have an ftp script that read a directory for files with the *.*, problem is now that it returns a lot and now i will like to limit the data to get by only selecting the required files. All the files have and extension with the year date eg. bb039519.233. the .233 is the date of... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: jikyj
11 Replies

2. AIX

How to secure ftp in AIX

Hi, the default ftp that comes with AIX5L is not secured as far as i know. How to install and use the secured FTP in AIX? Linux these days uses vsftpd daemon(very secured FTP daemon) is there VSFTPD for AIX? if there is any where can i download it from? thanks and regards Pchangba (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pchangba
1 Replies

3. AIX

chrooted FTP in AIX

Hi, I want to configure chrooted FTP (not Proftpd) in AIX. What are the steps to perform this configuration and which and config files in AIX to configure? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: imad77
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX - FTP

Hello, I have a FTP script below that automatically send files to host. Currently, i am having problems if our network connection is down. Our host cannot receive a file once the network connect is down. Could there be a additional command that i need to add below so that it would not send... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibora
4 Replies

5. AIX

FTP on AIX

Hi All We have planned to communicate with our trading prtner via FTP. We both have servers running on AIX. We want to exchange files with each other via FTP. I am new to AIX. Any help appreciated:) Thanks:) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: user1183
7 Replies

6. AIX

AIX FTP issue

Hi, I ftpd "binary" mode into a AIX server and transferred .tar.tar files. When i untar using "tar -xvf <filename>.tar.gz" It shows "tar: 0511-169 A directory checksum error on media; 0 not equal to 70568." Please Help!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Priya Amaresh
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Ftp read a file

hi, i need ftp commands which read a text file and ftp the contents of the file to a another machine. Anyone can help me out please. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamaldev
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Read-only user in AIX

Hi, I want to create a new user,and I want to give read permission to a folder which owned by root. How can I do this? thanks for your helps (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sersoy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AIX FTP client

I am trying to transfer logs from Aix 6.1 to a linux appliance but it is not happening from last one month if i execute the batch command by command i can execute well but if i do it in shell script it is stuck without any error. Any one know how to generate a FTP client trace to know the issue... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ra8ul
10 Replies

10. AIX

AIX Forum: FTP from AIX to Mainframe

This discussion thread is an extension to what was discussed in Shell scripting section. Please refer the post for the requirement: Requirement Post - Click Here The whole thread - Click Here I would like to know how I can use NDM to transfer file from AIX to Mainframe and to verify the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TechGyaann
3 Replies
pure-authd(8)							     Pure-FTPd							     pure-authd(8)

NAME
pure-authd - External authentication agent for Pure-FTPd. SYNTAX
pure-authd [-p </path/to/pidfile>] [-u uid] [-g gid] [-B] <-s /path/to/socket> -r /program/to/run DESCRIPTION
pure-authd is a daemon that forks an authentication program, waits for an authentication reply, and feed them to an application server. pure-authd listens to a local Unix socket. A new connection to that socket should feed pure-authd the following structure : account:xxx password:xxx localhost:xxx localport:xxx peer:xxx end (replace xxx with appropriate values) . localhost, localport and peer are numeric IP addresses and ports. peer is the IP address of the remote client. These arguments are passed to the authentication program, as environment variables : AUTHD_ACCOUNT AUTHD_PASSWORD AUTHD_LOCAL_IP AUTHD_LOCAL_PORT AUTHD_REMOTE_IP AUTHD_ENCRYPTED The authentication program should take appropriate actions to fetch account info according to these arguments, and reply to the standard output a structure like the following one : auth_ok:1 uid:42 gid:21 dir:/home/j end auth_ok:xxx If xxx is 0, the user was not found (the next authentication method passed to pure-ftpd will be tried) . If xxx is -1, the user was found, but there was a fatal authentication error : user is root, password is wrong, account has expired, etc (next authentication methods will not be tried) . If xxx is 1, the user was found and successfully authenticated. uid:xxx The system uid to be assigned to that user. Must be > 0. gid:xxx The primary system gid. Must be > 0. dir:xxx The absolute path to the home directory. Can contain /./ for a chroot jail. slow_tilde_expansion:xxx (optional, default is 1) When the command 'cd ~user' is issued, it's handy to go to that user's home directory, as expected in a shell environment. But fetching account info can be an expensive operation for non-system accounts. If xxx is 0, 'cd ~user' will expand to the system user home directory. If xxx is 1, 'cd ~user' won't expand. You should use 1 in most cases with external authentication, when your FTP users don't match system users. You can also set xxx to 1 if you're using slow nss_* system authentication modules. throttling_bandwidth_ul:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for uploads, in bytes per second. throttling_bandwidth_dl:xxx (optional) The allocated bandwidth for downloads, in bytes per second. user_quota_size:xxx (optional) The maximal total size for this account, in bytes. user_quota_files:xxx (optional) The maximal number of files for this account. ratio_upload:xxx (optional) radio_download:xxx (optional) The user must match a ratio_upload:ratio_download ratio. Only one authentication program is forked at a time. It must return quickly. OPTIONS
-u <uid> Have the daemon run with that uid. -g <gid> Have the daemon run with that gid. -B Fork in background (daemonization). -s </path/to/socket> Set the full path to the local Unix socket. -R </path/to/program> Set the full path to the authentication program. -h Output help information and exit. EXAMPLES
To run this program the standard way type: pure-authd -s /var/run/ftpd.sock -r /usr/bin/my-auth-program & pure-ftpd -lextauth:/var/run/ftpd.sock & /usr/bin/my-auth-program can be as simple as : #! /bin/sh echo 'auth_ok:1' echo 'uid:42' echo 'gid:21' echo 'dir:/home/j' echo 'end' AUTHORS
Frank DENIS <j at pureftpd dot org> SEE ALSO
ftp(1), pure-ftpd(8) pure-ftpwho(8) pure-mrtginfo(8) pure-uploadscript(8) pure-statsdecode(8) pure-pw(8) pure-quotacheck(8) pure-authd(8) RFC 959, RFC 2389, RFC 2228 and RFC 2428. Pure-FTPd team 1.0.36 pure-authd(8)