Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Unzip .tla files
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Unzip .tla files Post 302624771 by chihung on Monday 16th of April 2012 09:40:20 PM
Old 04-16-2012
you can use 'file' to find out. read the man page file(1) and magic(5) for more
Code:
$ file ace.png
ace.png: PNG image data, 725 x 111, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced

$ mv ace.png ace.tla

$ file ace.tla
ace.tla: PNG image data, 725 x 111, 8-bit/color RGB, non-interlaced

Sometimes 'strings' can help as well
This User Gave Thanks to chihung For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. HP-UX

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unzip particular gzip files among the normal data files

Hello experts, I run Solaris 9. I have a below script which is used for gunzip the thousand files from a directory. ---- #!/usr/bin/sh cd /home/thousands/gzipfiles/ for i in `ls -1` do gunzip -c $i > /path/to/file/$i done ---- In my SAME directory there thousand of GZIP file and also... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thepurple
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a .ZIP file in Unix without using unzip cmd..?????

Hi All I have ftped a .ZIP file (zipped using WinZip in Windows) to my Unix server (HP-UX). I don't have unzip cmd available in my curent Unix version Please let me know any cmd in UNIX (other than unzip) using which I can unzip this .ZIP file . Please elaborate on the commands aval and... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sureshg_sampat
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Unzip a file using unzip utility for files zipped without zip utility ?

Hi, I need to zip/compress a data file and send to a vendor. The vendor does have only unzip utility and can accept only .ZIP files. I do not have zip utility in my server. How do I zip/compress the file so that it can be deflated using unzip command ? I tried gzip & compress commands, but... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sabari Nath S
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to unzip files from the same folder?

Hi , I have two ear files in a single folder. the ear file contains same xml files named "File1.xml". how to unzip each file seperately using shell script? Thanks, Chella. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: ckchelladurai
11 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unzip the Files

I have a list of zip files and regular files in a folder /home/data/ Example: PMExtra_A123_ABC_121001020000.zip PMExtra_B596_GRT_121001020000.zip PMExtra_C156_SFD_121001020000.zip PMExtra_S243_KDF_121001020000.xml PMExtra_L234_IDF_121001020000.xml I have to unzip all the .zip... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: eskay
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip the .zip file without using unzip utility in UNIX

I have .zip file, i want to list all the files archived in the zip file. unzip utility is not working for me in unix. Please help me resolve this issue Thanks ganesh. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ganesh L
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to unzip files and Rename the Output-files

Hi all, I have a many folders with zipped files in them. The zipped files are txt files from different folders. The txt files have the same names. If i try to find . -type f -name "*.zip" -exec cp -R {} /myhome/ZIP \; it fails since the ZIP files from different folders have the same names and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pmkenya
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unzip all the files with subdirectories present and append a part of string from the main .zip files

Hi frnds, My requirement is I have a zip file with name say eg: test_ABC_UH_ccde2a_awdeaea_20150422.zip within that there are subdirectories on each directory we again have .zip files and in that we have files like mama20150422.gz and so on. Iam in need of a bash script so that it unzips... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ravi Kishore
0 Replies
ace-of-penguins(6)						   User Commands						ace-of-penguins(6)

NAME
ace-of_penguins - Solitaire-games with penguin-look SYNOPSIS
ace-canfield ace-freecell ace-golf ace-mastermind ace-merlin ace-minesweeper ace-pegged ace-solitaire ace-spider ace-taipei ace-taipedit ace-thornq OPTIONS
None. DESCRIPTION
From the author's intro.html: "The Ace of Penguins is a set of Unix/X solitaire games based on the ones available for Windows(tm) but with a number of enhancements that make my wife like my versions better :-)" ace-canfield Solitary card-game ace-freecell Solitary card-game ace-spider Solitary card-game ace-solitaire Solitary card-game ace-thornq Solitary card-game ace-golf Another solitary card-game ace-mastermind Guess a secret combination of colors. ace-merlin Classical puzzle, rather frustrating. ace-minesweeper Find all hidden mines in a minefield. ace-pegged Classical board game. ace-taipei Asian puzzle, remove pairs of equal stones. ace-taipedit Editor for your own ace-taipei levels. KEYS
All games use the same library of functions and thus the same keys: F1 Online help. Esc Esc or "Q" to leave the game. NOTES
The upstream author DJ Delorie has written an informative webpage which is installed in /usr/share/doc/ace-of-penguins/intro.html The original binaries were renamed to include prefix ace-* to avoid name clashes. BUGS
If you encounter any bugs in this package, please report them to the Debian Bug Tracking System at http://bugs.debian.org/. ENVIRONMENT
None. FILES
None. SEE ALSO
Other games in /usr/games AUTHORS
Programs are by DJ Delorie, some by Martin Thornquist. This manual page was written 1999-09-09 by Thimo Neubauer <thimo@debian.org> for the Debian GNU system (but may be used by others). Updated 2007-09-03 by Jari Aalto <jari.aalto@cante.net>. Released under license GPL v2 or (at your option) any later version. ace-of-penguins 2012-03-23 ace-of-penguins(6)