Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris visudo: write error: No space left on device Post 302624295 by jlliagre on Monday 16th of April 2012 05:21:27 AM
Old 04-16-2012
Code:
df -k /usr/local/sudo/etc
df -i  /usr/local/sudo/etc

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

no space left on device

I have a SCO UNIX on my Server. When I last tried to shutdown my system, I got an error message “no space left on device”. Now when I try to boot the system again, I just can't and I get the same error message. Please help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjane
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

cat: write error: No space left on device

I am trying to create new files under my directory...but i getting the following message... cat: write error: No space left on device How do we handle this error. I am not getting this error when I login as the super user (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: igandu
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

No space left on device

hello all, i have a proc binary that we run on unix environment, and it is generating this error '' tstfile(): No space left on device '' can you please assist on how to narrow down the problem? thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjdbouk
4 Replies

4. Solaris

No space left on device but free space and inodes are available...

hi guys, me again ;) i recently opened a thread about physical to zone migration. My zone is mounted over a "bigger" LUN (500GB) and step is now to move the old files, from the physical server, to my zone. We are talking about 22mio of files. i used rsync to do that and every time at... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: beta17
8 Replies

5. HP-UX

Received error as Not enough space left on device

Hi Forum, We have observed one problem in one of our HP-UX machines which runs a software which connects the radio frequency scan devices and the scanned information is stored in the database through the same software. This software has thrown an error like "Not enough space left on the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nishant.Jvk
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device]

I am getting error in a shell script having a simple date command. Error is " write to 1 failed ". We saw that /tmp folder was 100% full. When we cleared some space in /tmp folder then script worked fine. Why does date command(or any other command) require space in /tmp folder? Which settings... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahish20
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device

Hi , In file first line start with "",when trying to remove using sed i am getting the below error .Please advise sed -e 's///g' -e 's/$]//g' segment1.txt >>segment_m1 sed: couldn't write 1378 items to stdout: No space left on device Thanks, Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohan705
1 Replies

8. Linux

No space left on device while there is plenty of space available

Hello all posting here after scanning the net and tried most of the things offered still no solution that worked when I do : $ df -h Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on footmpfs 7.9G 60K 7.9G 1% /dev tmpfs 7.9G 0 7.9G 0% /dev/shm /dev/da1 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
3 Replies

9. Solaris

Write to 1 failed [No space left on device] Error

Running a installation on Solaris 11 and getting error write to 1 failed If anyone can advise ? ORIGINAL_PATH="${PATH}" # prepend /usr/xpg4/bin to PATH as needed temporaryPath=`expr "${PATH}:" : '\(/usr/xpg4/bin:\)'` if then PATH="/usr/xpg4/bin:${PATH}" seem to have... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mpumi
6 Replies

10. Solaris

Sol11 - Error at prompt (no space left on device)

user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user11@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed user1@:/$ -ksh: line 3: write to 1 failed But theres plenty of space :- user1@:/$ df -kh Filesystem ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: psychocandy
9 Replies
heimdal_debug(5)					      BSD File Formats Manual						  heimdal_debug(5)

NAME
heimdal_debug -- how to turn on/off debugging for Kerberos tools DESCRIPTION
The heimdal_debug kerberos frameworks have several knobs for controlling logging. The different framework knobs are: libkrb The Kerberos library, some gss-api Kerberos output ends up here too kcm the kcm library (credentials cache, ntlm client) kdc the kerberos KDC output digest-service the digest service (ntlm server) CONFIGURATION FILE
[logging] <subsystem> = 0-/SYSLOG: and watch syslog for logging information. APPLE MAC OS X
First turn up syslog debugging sudo syslog -c 0 -d then you can see the syslog output in Console.app or by running syslog -w -k org.h5l.asl To enable more extensive debugging logging for each subsystem, use the following commands: Kerberos Library sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add krb5 '0-/ASL:' digest-server sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add digest-service '0-/ASL:' kcm sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kcm '0-/ASL:' kdc sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos logging -dict-add kdc '0-/ASL:' MIT Kerberos Shim defaults write com.apple.MITKerberosShim EnableDebugging -bool true GSS-API framework logging sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.GSS DebugLevel -int 10 Other options on Mac OS X Make the admin API pretend to the server even on client sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.Kerberos ForceHeimODServerMode -bool true SEE ALSO
gss(5), kerberos(8) HEIMDAL
Sep 30, 2011 HEIMDAL