Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: reading binary files
Top Forums Programming reading binary files Post 302623763 by robin_simple on Saturday 14th of April 2012 02:09:16 PM
Old 04-14-2012
I've set fseek to 0, 4, 7, 8 trying to pull one of the first two ints and I've set it as sizeof(acct_info_t), sizeof(acct_info_t) + 7 . . .
I was able to pull info from a txt file I made, but not with this binary file.

The second int is the number of records.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary Files

Does any one know how to view a binary file as it is (in 1s and 0s) on unix environment? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: devildivine
1 Replies

2. Programming

Reading from a binary file

I'm having trouble with reading information back into a program from a binary file. when i try to display the contents of the file i get a Memory fault(coredump). would anyone be able to assist? this is my fread line fread(&file_data,sizeof(struct book_type),1,fileSave); ive also tried it without... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Binary Files

Here's the problem... I'm using a simulator on UNIX, and it requires a filename where bits are stored, it should read them out and do whatever with them at that point.. So what i'm trying to do is make a binary file on UNIX. On my PC i can use MSDEV, or any of my C++ compilers to generate a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcRandThor
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

search for files excluding binary files

Hi All, I need a solution on my following find command find ./.. -name '*.file' -print BTW This gives me the output as belows ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/infile/ad0_dagctst.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/user_command.file ./rtlsim/test/ADCONV0/simv.daidir/scsim.db.dir/scsim.db.file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: user_prady
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading Numerical Binary Data using KSH

Hi, I've searched and couldn't find anyone else with this problem. Is there anyway (preferably using ksh - but other script languages would do) that I can read in binary float data into a text file. The data (arrays from various stages of radar processing) comes in various formats, but mainly... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jonny2Vests
3 Replies

6. Programming

Reading a binary file in text or ASCII format

Hi All, Please suggest me how to read a binary file in text or ASCII format. thanks Nagendra (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Nagendra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Binary files

Hi All,Is there anyway I can conver the binary file to ascii. I don't know the binary file format. file command just lists this as "data" file and when I view it has a lot of non-printable characters.Can I write any command equivalent to wc -l to find out the number of rows in the file?Can I use... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahulkav
4 Replies

8. Programming

help with reading a binary file and fseek

this is my code and no matter what record number the user enters i cant get any of the records fields to read into the structure acct. What am i doing wrong? #include <stdio.h> typedef struct { char name; int number; float balance; } acct_info_t; int main (int... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bjhum33
0 Replies

9. Programming

How to replicate Ruby´s binary file reading with Java?

Hello to all guys, Maybe some expert could help me. I have a working ruby script shown below that reads a big binary file (more than 2GB). The chunks of data I want to analyze is separated by the sequence FF47 withing the binary. So, in the ruby script is defined as "line separator" =... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ophiuchus
10 Replies

10. Solaris

Reading binary content

Dear Gurus I am stuck with the peice of work and do not know from where to start. I get a machine generated file which is binary file contain binary data, i want to read binary data as it is without converting into any other format. i want to read byte by byte. Please let me know what... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: guddu_12
24 Replies
smd-pull(1)						 Sync Mail Dir (smd) documentation					       smd-pull(1)

NAME
smd-pull - syncs the local mail dir letting the remote one untouched SYNOPSIS
smd-pull [-d|--dry-run] [-v|--verbose] [-s|--show-tags] [-t|--template-only] [-n|--no-delete] [endpoint] DESCRIPTION
smd-pull performs in the local maildir all the changes that were performed on remote one. No changes are made on the remote maildir. Use smd-push(1) for that. Refer to smd-config(5) for the configuration file format. OPTIONS
-v --verbose Verbose output -s --show-tags Machine readable output -d --dry-run Do not perform any action for real -n --no-delete Do not propagate deletions -t --template-only Just create a template configuration file if none endpoint Is the suffix for the name of the configuration file to use. If it is omitted, the configuration file ~/.smd/config.default is used. FILES
~/.smd/config.* ~/.smd/hooks/pre-pull.d/ ~/.smd/hooks/post-pull.d/ SEE ALSO
mddiff(1), smd-server(1), smd-client(1), smd-push(1), smd-loop(1), smd-config(5) AUTHOR
Enrico Tassi <gares@fettunta.org> 11 June 2012 smd-pull(1)