Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove multiple blanks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove multiple blanks Post 302622021 by Anjan1 on Wednesday 11th of April 2012 12:02:26 PM
Old 04-11-2012
I didn't got the output i requested.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove multiple characters once

i have a variable in a bash shell script called $hostname. $hostname will always be different except it will always start with "-s " that is a - an s and a space. so echo $hostname will look like this: -s somehostname.com how can i get rid of the leading -s ? ive tried tr -d but that gets... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

blanks in file name

I have a file with a list of filenames. I want to work loopwise through the file and operate on each of the listed files. Normally I'd do something like: for file in `cat $mydir/file-list` do echo $file >> $mydir/my.log cp $mydir/$file $newdir done the problem is that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LisaS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

4. Programming

Blanks vs: Nulls

I'm relatively new to Pro*C programming. In the following example: char name; EXEC SQL SELECT 'John Doe' INTO :name FROM DUAL; "John Doe" is in positions 0-7, blanks in 8-19, and a null in 20. I would really prefer the null to be in position 8 and I don't care what's after that. I wrote a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebock
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove trailing blanks, tabs

Hi I need to delete trailing spaces, tabs and unprintable charactes from the file. This file has a number of blank lines which should be left intact. Another words I am trying to remove the junk at the end of each line. Does anyone come across the similar problem? Thanks a lot for any help -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple blanks within double quotes

I have various column names within double quotes, separated by commas. Example: "column one", "column number two", "this is column number three", anothercolumn, yetanothercolumn I need to eliminate the double quotes and replace the blanks within the double quotes by underscores, giving: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex to remove commentaries and blanks

Hi all, I need to prune a var's content as follows: VAR='blah blah # seew seew' NEWVAR='blah blah' (without blanks) I need also to perform this change by using variable substitution within bash shell. I've tried it with the following subst: VAR2=${VAR/ \#*/} but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yomaya
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading blanks

Hi Ich have a list as follows 73 5 100 45 81 4 and I would like to have an output (on screen) like that 73 5 100 45 81 4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To Remove multiple new lines

Hi , I have file which consists of multiple new lines. I need to identify the new line in every row of the file and remove it. It is having record delimiter as "|" and final delimiter of the line is "end" Can anyone from the forum suggest me how to remove the news lines from entire file? example... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove row 1 and blanks

I am trying to remove $1 along with the blank values from the file. Thank you :). file R_Index Chr Start End Ref Alt Func.IDP.refGene Gene.IDP.refGene GeneDetail.IDP.refGene Inheritence ExonicFunc.IDP.refGene AAChange.IDP.refGene avsnp147 PopFreqMax ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
SSERVER(8)						      System Manager's Manual							SSERVER(8)

NAME
sserver - sample Kerberos version 5 server SYNOPSIS
sserver [ -p port ] [ -S keytab ] [ server_port ] DESCRIPTION
sserver and sclient are a simple demonstration client/server application. When sclient connects to sserver, it performs a Kerberos authen- tication, and then sserver returns to sclient the Kerberos principal which was used for the Kerberos authentication. It makes a good test that Kerberos has been successfully installed on a machine. The service name used by sserver and sclient is sample. Hence, sserver will require that there be a keytab entry for the service "sam- ple/hostname.domain.name@REALM.NAME". This keytab is generated using the kadmin(8) program. The keytab file is usually installed as "/etc/krb5.keytab". The -S option allows for a different keytab than the default. sserver is normally invoked out of inetd(8), using a line in /etc/inetd.conf that looks like this: sample stream tcp nowait root /usr/kerberos/sbin/sserver sserver Since sample is normally not a port defined in /etc/services, you will usually have to add a line to /etc/services which looks like this: sample 13135/tcp When using sclient, you will first have to have an entry in the Kerberos database, by using kadmin(8), and then you have to get Kerberos tickets, by using kinit(8). Also, if you are running the sclient program on a different host than the sserver it will be connecting to, be sure that both hosts have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port, and that the same port number is in both files. When you run sclient you should see something like this: sendauth succeeded, reply is: reply len 32, contents: You are nlgilman@JIMI.MIT.EDU COMMON ERROR MESSAGES
1) kinit returns the error: kinit: Client not found in Kerberos database while getting initial credentials This means that you didn't create an entry for your username in the Kerberos database. 2) sclient returns the error: unknown service sample/tcp; check /etc/services This means that you don't have an entry in /etc/services for the sample tcp port. 3) sclient returns the error: connect: Connection refused This probably means you didn't edit /etc/inetd.conf correctly, or you didn't restart inetd after editing inetd.conf. 4) sclient returns the error: sclient: Server not found in Kerberos database while using sendauth This means that the "sample/hostname@LOCAL.REALM" service was not defined in the Kerberos database; it should be created using kadmin, and a keytab file needs to be generated to make the key for that service principal available for ssclient. 5) sclient returns the error: sendauth rejected, error reply is: " No such file or directory" This probably means sserver couldn't find the keytab file. It was probably not installed in the proper directory. SEE ALSO
sclient(1), services(5), inetd(8) SSERVER(8)