Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Remove multiple blanks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Remove multiple blanks Post 302621991 by panyam on Wednesday 11th of April 2012 10:49:07 AM
Old 04-11-2012
Code:

awk '$1=$1' ORS=" " input_file

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove multiple characters once

i have a variable in a bash shell script called $hostname. $hostname will always be different except it will always start with "-s " that is a - an s and a space. so echo $hostname will look like this: -s somehostname.com how can i get rid of the leading -s ? ive tried tr -d but that gets... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

blanks in file name

I have a file with a list of filenames. I want to work loopwise through the file and operate on each of the listed files. Normally I'd do something like: for file in `cat $mydir/file-list` do echo $file >> $mydir/my.log cp $mydir/$file $newdir done the problem is that my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LisaS
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

numbering blanks

hello i'm trying to figure out how to number a blank line. For instance this : sed '/./=' file | sed '/./N; s/\n/ /' gives me 1 aaaa 2 bbbbbb 4 cccccc 5 ffkkkfff 6 ffsdfdfs I would like something like this: 1 aaaaa 2 3 bbbbbb 4 5 cccccc And so... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: wisher115
6 Replies

4. Programming

Blanks vs: Nulls

I'm relatively new to Pro*C programming. In the following example: char name; EXEC SQL SELECT 'John Doe' INTO :name FROM DUAL; "John Doe" is in positions 0-7, blanks in 8-19, and a null in 20. I would really prefer the null to be in position 8 and I don't care what's after that. I wrote a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ebock
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to remove trailing blanks, tabs

Hi I need to delete trailing spaces, tabs and unprintable charactes from the file. This file has a number of blank lines which should be left intact. Another words I am trying to remove the junk at the end of each line. Does anyone come across the similar problem? Thanks a lot for any help -A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: aoussenko
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple blanks within double quotes

I have various column names within double quotes, separated by commas. Example: "column one", "column number two", "this is column number three", anothercolumn, yetanothercolumn I need to eliminate the double quotes and replace the blanks within the double quotes by underscores, giving: ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: jgrogan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

regex to remove commentaries and blanks

Hi all, I need to prune a var's content as follows: VAR='blah blah # seew seew' NEWVAR='blah blah' (without blanks) I need also to perform this change by using variable substitution within bash shell. I've tried it with the following subst: VAR2=${VAR/ \#*/} but the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yomaya
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Leading blanks

Hi Ich have a list as follows 73 5 100 45 81 4 and I would like to have an output (on screen) like that 73 5 100 45 81 4 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lazybaer
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

To Remove multiple new lines

Hi , I have file which consists of multiple new lines. I need to identify the new line in every row of the file and remove it. It is having record delimiter as "|" and final delimiter of the line is "end" Can anyone from the forum suggest me how to remove the news lines from entire file? example... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: etldeveloper
11 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to remove row 1 and blanks

I am trying to remove $1 along with the blank values from the file. Thank you :). file R_Index Chr Start End Ref Alt Func.IDP.refGene Gene.IDP.refGene GeneDetail.IDP.refGene Inheritence ExonicFunc.IDP.refGene AAChange.IDP.refGene avsnp147 PopFreqMax ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
5 Replies
IMAGEARC(3)								 1							       IMAGEARC(3)

imagearc - Draws an arc

SYNOPSIS
bool imagearc (resource $image, int $cx, int $cy, int $width, int $height, int $start, int $end, int $color) DESCRIPTION
imagearc(3) draws an arc of circle centered at the given coordinates. PARAMETERS
o $ image -An image resource, returned by one of the image creation functions, such as imagecreatetruecolor(3). o $cx - x-coordinate of the center. o $cy - y-coordinate of the center. o $width - The arc width. o $height - The arc height. o $start - The arc start angle, in degrees. o $end - The arc end angle, in degrees. 0o is located at the three-o'clock position, and the arc is drawn clockwise. o $color - A color identifier created with imagecolorallocate(3). RETURN VALUES
Returns TRUE on success or FALSE on failure. EXAMPLES
Example #1 Drawing a circle with imagearc(3) <?php // create a 200*200 image $img = imagecreatetruecolor(200, 200); // allocate some colors $white = imagecolorallocate($img, 255, 255, 255); $red = imagecolorallocate($img, 255, 0, 0); $green = imagecolorallocate($img, 0, 255, 0); $blue = imagecolorallocate($img, 0, 0, 255); // draw the head imagearc($img, 100, 100, 200, 200, 0, 360, $white); // mouth imagearc($img, 100, 100, 150, 150, 25, 155, $red); // left and then the right eye imagearc($img, 60, 75, 50, 50, 0, 360, $green); imagearc($img, 140, 75, 50, 50, 0, 360, $blue); // output image in the browser header("Content-type: image/png"); imagepng($img); // free memory imagedestroy($img); ?> The above example will output something similar to:[NOT DISPLAYABLE MEDIA]Output of example : Drawing a circle with imagearc() SEE ALSO
imagefilledarc(3), imageellipse(3), imagefilledellipse(3). PHP Documentation Group IMAGEARC(3)