Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: awk array sort
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting awk array sort Post 302621733 by chakrapani on Wednesday 11th of April 2012 03:50:06 AM
Old 04-11-2012
awk array sort

I have a file as below

Input File:
Code:
5/11/2012, dir1, 134
 5/11/2012, dir2, 2341
 5/11/2012, dir3, 2134
 5/11/2012, dir4, 2334
 5/12/2012, dir1, 234
5/12/2012, dir2, 2341
5/12/2012, dir3, 2334
5/13/2012, dir1, 234
5/13/2012, dir2, 2341
5/13/2012, dir3, 2334
5/13/2012, dir4, 21134

Now I am looking for a output using awk

Expected output:
Code:
Date                     dir1                dir2                      dir3             dir4 
5/11/2012           134                 2341                    2134           2334
5/12/2012           234                 2341                    234             -
5/13/2012            234               2341                     2334           21134

Now I trying to write in awk ; taking details in array and trying to make a file but not successful

Problem in here is I need to have two group by one on date another on Directory

Last edited by chakrapani; 04-11-2012 at 05:19 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort() array of strings in perl

I have a perl script with an array of clients. @arr = ("The ABC Corp", "AA Corp.", "BB Corp"); If I run @a = sort (@arr); I will get @a = ("AA Corp", "BB Corp", "The ABC Corp"); but I want @a = ("AA Corp, "The ABC Corp", "BB Corp"); How do I sort array without changing... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How To Sort Array of Hashes ??

Some one plz help me how to sort an array of hashes ..... for e.g i have an array as @AoH = ( { ques => 10, marks => 32, }, { ques => 32, marks => 22, }, { ques => 2, marks => 41, }, ); now i want to sort this array with increasing value of "ques" ..... plz... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: coolguyshail
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort after 2. column in array in Perl

Hey How do I sort an array numerically after the second column? My values are integers like 1, 2, 3, 4... and they are not unique, so I can't just reverse my hash and sort by keys. I wanna sort my file/array so that I get the lines with the highest value in the top - that is descending. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Banni
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with sort-of array in SH

Hello to everyone! I'm really new in shell scripting and I'm experiencing a very odd problem. This is my first post in this forum, hope you can help! I know that declaring arrays in Bourne Shell is impossible. But this is where I start having problems - system administrator did not install... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: onstock
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl sort array by field

Hi Everyone, Any simple code can simplify the code below, please advice. Thanks # cat 2.pl #!/usr/bin/perl use warnings; use strict; my @aaaaa = <DATA>; my @uids; foreach (@aaaaa) { my @ccccc = split (",", $_); push @uids, $ccccc;... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

sort piping to awk array - help please

Hi I'm just learning programming and need some help. I've taken a data file which has a list of numbers eg: 3 5 32 533 13 2 And I've used sort -n and to sort and then piped it to awk to arrange into an array. #!/bin/sh sort -n data.txt | awk ' { array=$1 } (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: EL_Chemso
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Beginner: Count & Sort Using Array's

Hi, I'm new to linux & bash so please forgive my ignorance, just wondering if anyone can help. I have a file (mainfile.txt) with comma deliminated values, like so: $1 $2 $3 613212, 36, 57 613212, 36, 10 613212, 36, 10 677774, 36, 57 619900, 10, 10 i need to split this file... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: BigTOE
12 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort array elements from same field

Hi, input: line1|error_type_a@15 line1|error_type_c@10 line1|error_type_b@5 line2|error_type_f@3 line2|error_type_a@1 I would need to place all the second fields with common first field on the same line, BUT with sorted error position number: line1|error_type_b@5; error_type_c@10;... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: beca123456
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Array length: ls and sort

Hi there, I'm listing files and sorting them. When I try to get length of array variable in which these files are stored I get 1 as value. That's weird. files_info="$(find $input_dir -name "*_CHR$i.info" | sort )" printf ${#files_info}"\n" #print length #--loop through... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: genome
6 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sort multidimensional Array

Hello I have a problem. I create a Multidimensional Array Like this: ENTRY="$kunnum-$host" ENTRY="$host" ENTRY="# $3" for key in "${!ENTRY}"; do ENTRIES=${ENTRY} # INDEX=IP(5) donedeclare -p declare -A ENTRIES=(="unas15533" ="unas" ="# RDP-Terminal 2"... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Marti95
12 Replies
dircmp(1)						      General Commands Manual							 dircmp(1)

NAME
dircmp - directory comparison SYNOPSIS
n] dir1 dir2 DESCRIPTION
examines dir1 and dir2 and generates various tabulated information about the contents of the directories. Sorted listings of files that are unique to each directory are generated for all the options. If no option is entered, a sorted list is output indicating whether the filenames common to both directories have the same contents. Compare the contents of files with the same name in both directories and output a list telling what must be changed in the two files to bring them into agreement. The list format is described in diff(1). Suppress messages about identical files. Change the width of the output line to n characters. The default width is 72. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables LC_COLLATE determines the order in which the output is sorted. If is not specified in the environment or is set to the empty string, the value of is used as a default. If is not specified or is set to the empty string, a default of ``C'' (see lang(5)) is used instead of If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, behaves as if all internationalization variables are set to ``C'' (see environ(5)). International Code Set Support Single- and multi-byte character code sets are supported. EXAMPLES
Compare the two directories and and produce a list of changes that would make the directories identical: WARNINGS
This command is likely to be withdrawn from X/Open standards. Applications using this command might not be portable to other vendors' sys- tems. As an alternative is recommended. SEE ALSO
cmp(1), diff(1). STANDARDS CONFORMANCE
dircmp(1)