Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need help on ssh usage in a loop of shell script Post 302621507 by rajesh.tulluri on Tuesday 10th of April 2012 01:43:22 PM
Old 04-10-2012
I'm able to connect remote system when used the piece of code in shell script (out side while loop). Problem occurs when tried to connect a series of systems. i.e. getting error when attached piece of code used within while loop ... please find sample code as given below..

Code:
while read sysType serverIp uid pwd
do

if [ -n "$serverIp" ]
  then
     valid_ip $serverIp
     #Assign the return value to a variable
     isValidIp=$?
   else
      isValidIp=1
  fi

if [ $isValidIp -eq "0" ]
    then
       if [ "$sysType" = "ebox" ]
       then
           ssh "$address" ARG1=$rpmFileName 'bash -s' <<'ENDSSH'
              echo ">>Checksum ..."
              md5sum /root/$ARG1
           ENDSSH
        fi
    fi
done

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Welcome to the UNIX and Linux Forums. Please use code tags. Video tutorial on how to use them

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 04-10-2012 at 03:29 PM.. Reason: Code tags

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

SSH usage in a script

I have configured ssh to a remote server without prompting for a password with the help of public keys...but now i am not able to execute any commands through a script what i want is a one line script which takes me directly into /var directory after executing it...searched the entire forum but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: roshanjain2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

shell script extended usage...

Hi all, In a shell script, how can I do the following: Find out the size of a mounted usb stick (df -h /media/usbdisk) and use the result (physical size of USB stick) to set a loop-counter according to the disk size?? As a result, I do copy files of 4MB each as many times as they will fit... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joerg535
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

how do i get current bandwidth usage via shell script?

hello unix-people. can u please tell me how i can get the current bandwidth usage of my machine on shell into variables? thanks a lot (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: scarfake
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

usage of telnet in shell script

Hi All, How could I use telnet to connect to Primary Host in the below shell script: Could I use: ( echo user sleep 2 echo password sleep 2 echo "ls ~" sleep 2 echo "exit" ) | telnet hostname ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: a1_win
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use ssh execute other shell script on other host (shell script include nohup)?

i want use ssh on the host01 to execute autoexec.sh on the host02 like following : host01> ssh host02 autoexec.sh autoexec.sh include nohup command like follwing : nohup /home/jack/deletedata.sh & after i execute ssh host02 autoexec.sh one the host01. i can't found deletedata.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: orablue
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need help to make a shell script with usage

Hello, I begin to write my first shell script, but I am totally lost, hope you can help me. I'd like to write a script with some conditions and multiples usages: ./myscript.sh -i <host> or ./myscript.sh -e <host> Have you some suggestion, because I am really lost, I try to do something... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: Francesco
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to calculate the max cpu usage from the main script

Hi All, I have a script which does report the cpu usuage, there are few output parameter/fields displayed from the script. My problem is I have monitor the output and decide which cpu number (column 2) has maximum value (column 6). Since the output is displayed/updated every seconds, it's very... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
1 Replies

8. AIX

Loop breaks through ssh in script

hello all, i have an AIX6.1 machine and INFORMIX 11.7 database server. i have a script to create users on 3 machines and also i need to grant this user access to a specific database. the script works and it does what i want it to do but the loop doesnt work. for example if i insert 10 lines in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: omonoiatis9
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Basic sed usage in shell script

Hi, A basic sed question. I have a set of files. In each file there is a number that I want replaced. For example, if I run sed I should get the following: % cat test2.txt #goofy//171.00 goofy 171.00 % sed -i 's/171/xxx/g' test2.txt % cat test2.txt #goofy//xxx.00 goofy xxx.00 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pc2001
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

While loop is causing ssh command to exit from script after first iteration.

I am trying to check multiple server's "uptime" in a loop over "ssh". When I execute multiple ssh commands with hard coded servernames script is executing fine. But when I pass server names using while loop, script is exiting after checking first server's status, why? # serverList... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: kchinnam
8 Replies
HWLOC-ASSEMBLER-REMOTE(1)					       hwloc						 HWLOC-ASSEMBLER-REMOTE(1)

NAME
hwloc-assembler-remote - Assemble multiple remote host topologies SYNOPSIS
hwloc-assembler-remote [options] output.xml host1 host2 ... OPTIONS
--ssh <ssh> Use the given ssh command (and options) to connect to remote hosts. --lstopo-path <path> Use the given path as the remote lstopo command when gathering remote topologies. By default, lstopo is taken from the PATH envi- ronment variable. --lstopo-opts <opts> Pass the given lstopo options when gathering remote topologies. --show Display the resulting topology before exit. -v --verbose Verbose messages. DESCRIPTION
hwloc-assembler-remote is a frontend to hwloc-assembler. It takes care of retrieving the remote nodes' topologies before assembling them with hwloc-assembler. EXAMPLES
To assemble three nodes topologies: $ hwloc-assembler-remote output.xml host1 host2 host3 To assemble the topology of a multi-process MPI job defined as a machinefile: $ hwloc-assembler-remote output.xml `cat machinefile | sort | uniq` RETURN VALUE
Upon successful execution, hwloc-assembler-remote returns 0. hwloc-assembler-remote will return nonzero if any kind of error occurs, such as (but not limited to) failure to parse the command line. SEE ALSO
hwloc(7), lstopo(1), hwloc-assembler(1) 1.4.1 Feb 27, 2012 HWLOC-ASSEMBLER-REMOTE(1)