Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Combine sed command
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Combine sed command Post 302621087 by kristinu on Monday 9th of April 2012 07:06:30 PM
Old 04-09-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by asavaliya
Hi

I have command and i want to short it.

Code:
tr -c '[:print:][:cntrl:]' '[-*]' | sed 's/---/-/g'

I want one sed command it is possible to include tr command in to sed

Thanks
You got to pipe it if you want tr command.
This User Gave Thanks to kristinu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

combine 2 lines (command & echo)

does anyone know how to combine 2 lines? this is what im playing around with. (filename: online, user name: prml0001, real name: primal) #!/bin/sh who | grep $1 > /dev/null if then grep $1 /etc/passwd | cut -f 5, -d : echo is logged on exit 0 else grep $1... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: primal
13 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sed or grep or perl combine two lines

how do i search for the phrase "expected" on line one and "received" on line two. (there is a newline in between the two) I would like to know if/how this can be done in perl and/or grep and/or sed (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: artjaniger
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SImple HELP! how to combine two lines together using sed or awk..

hi..im new to UNIX... ok i have this information in the normal shell... there are 2 lines display like this: h@hotmail.com k@hotmail.com i want it to display like this with a space betweem them h@hotmail.com k@hotmail.com the information is stored in a text file.... anyone... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: forevercalz
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed, grep, cut or combine?

I am a beginner at shell scripting, actually i am working on my first script right now. Anyway i have searched the world how to grep two letters from each word (it will always just be two words). For example: Example Blablabla I want my script to cut out Ex (from the first word) and Bl... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: maskot
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Loop with sed command to replace line with sed command in it

Okay, title is kind of confusion, but basically, I have a lot of scripts on a server that I need to replace a ps command, however, the new ps command I'm trying to replace the current one with pipes to sed at one point. So now I am attempting to create another script that replaces that line. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cbo0485
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What is the command use to combine line using sed

Hi all, What is the sed command use to combine line? Example: Below is an output after extracted from few commands aaa bbb ccc ddd eee fff ggg and i would like to combine all the line as shown below, aaa,bbb,ccc,ddd,eee,fff (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: 793589
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to combine 2 files using sed

hi all I have two files file1 aaa bbb ccc ddd file2 111 222 333 444 I would like to using "SED" combine two files together Please help Thank all (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: yuesko
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Combine multiple sed

Would like to convert it to one line sed -i -e '/./,$!d' term1.txt sed -i '2d' term1.txt sed -i '/^$/Q' term1.txt cat term1.txt>> test1.txt Appreciate if someone could point out the error sed -i -e '/./,$!d' -e '2d' -e '/^$/Q' term1.txt cat term1.txt>> $test1.txt ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: w020637
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficient way to combine command

im currently running the following command to grab all arguments in front of a script, directly from the process table. # cat /tmp/allmyprocs ubuntu 9933 27793 0 03:29 pts/0 00:00:00 /bin/sh ./prying.sh ubuntu 9941 9933 0 03:29 pts/0 00:00:00 sh ubuntu 9952 9941 0 03:29... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

awk with sed to combine lines and remove specific odd # pattern from line

In the awk piped to sed below I am trying to format file by removing the odd xxxx_digits and whitespace after, then move the even xxxx_digit to the line above it and add a space between them. There may be multiple lines in file but they are in the same format. The Filename_ID line is the last line... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
4 Replies
NWBPSET(1)							      nwbpset								NWBPSET(1)

NAME
nwbpset - Create a bindery property or set its value SYNOPSIS
nwbpset [ -h ] [ -S server ] [ -U user name ] [ -P password | -n ] [ -C ] DESCRIPTION
nwbpset Reads a property specification from the standard input and creates and sets the corresponding property. The format is determined by the output of 'nwbpvalues -c'. nwbpset will hopefully become an important part of the bindery management suite of ncpfs, together with As another example, look at the following command line: nwbpvalues -t 1 -o supervisor -p user_defaults -c | sed '2s/.*/ME/'| sed '3s/.*/LOGIN_CONTROL/'| nwbpset With this command, the property user_defaults of the user object 'supervisor' is copied into the property login_control of the user object 'me'. nwbpvalues -t 1 -o me -p login_control -c | sed '9s/.*/ff/'| nwbpset This command disables the user object me. Feel free to contribute other examples! nwbpset looks up the file $HOME/.nwclient to find a file server, a user name and possibly a password. See nwclient(5) for more information. Please note that the access permissions of $HOME/.nwclient MUST be 600 for security reasons. OPTIONS
-h -h is used to print out a short help text. -S server server is the name of the server you want to use. -U user user is the user name to use for login. -P password password is the password to use for login. If neither -n nor -P are given, and the user has no open connection to the server, nwbpset prompts for a password. -n -n should be given if no password is required for the login. -C By default, passwords are converted to uppercase before they are sent to the server, because most servers require this. You can turn off this conversion by -C. AUTHORS
nwbpset was written by Volker Lendecke. See the Changes file of ncpfs for other contributors. nwbpset 8/7/1996 NWBPSET(1)