Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to fetch data between two timestamps in a file using KSH Post 302620959 by kristinu on Monday 9th of April 2012 02:38:36 PM
Old 04-09-2012
This will separate you all numbers so you can do a numeric sort by prioritizing on which you want to sort first, second, etc.

using awk to check by field number, you can then get the record numbers you need.

Code:
sed 's/\([0-9][0-9.]*\)/ & /g'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to fetch data from a text file in Unix

I want to fetch passwords from a common file xxxx.txt and use it in a script. Currently the password is hardcoded so this have to be changed so that password can be fetched from text file..... Please reply asap.. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: shikhakaul
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to sca a sequential file and fetch some substring data from it

Hi, I have a task where i need to scan second column of seuential file and fetch first 3 digits of that column For e.g. FOLLOWING IS THE SAMPLE FOR MY SEQUENTIAL FILE AU_ID ACCT_NUM CRNCY_CDE THHSBC001 30045678 THB THHSBC001 10154267 THB THHSBC001 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manmeet
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch the different data by searching with a same variable from a file in AIX server

Hi, I am trying to fetch the different values in an xml file by searching with the same variable in AIX Server. <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> <value>admin</value> <name>SharedResources/Shared/JNDI/Username</name> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tejastrikez
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data from a particular location

I want to fetch value from a particular location from a file but in each line in the file it appears at a different position so i tried using variable with cut command but it is not working properly. The code i have written is #!/bin/sh cat Sri1.log | while read d2 do grep -w... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prachi Gupta
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data between two dates from a file

Hi All, I m new to this forum & UNix too. currently i have a requirement which can fetch data from a logfile between two dates or timestamp. for example: 1. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 2. data from 2012 Jun to 2012 Jul 07 3. data from 2012 Jun 16 10:20 to 2012 Jul 03 10:10 Please... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KDMishra
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to fetch data in unix

Hi All, I have a file with the below data as shown. A|2|20120430 B|EMP|NAME|DEPT C|12|SARC|01 C|23||ASDD|02 D|END OF FILE I want to fetch only the records that contains C|, what is unix command to fetch this data. Thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: halpavan2
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch Data from File using UNIX or Perl

Hello, How All are Doing today. I have a issue, I have a file which contains the data as follow <ENVELOPE><ENVELOPE_ID>TEST</ENVELOPE_ID><ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID></ENVELOPE_EXTERNAL_ID><ENVELOPE_VERSION>2</ENVELOPE_VERSION><SIResourceDefaultVersion>true</SIResourceDefaultVersion><TYPE>GS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: adisky123
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help Need to fetch the required data

Hi Guys, Am in need of your help one more time on my real data. I have a file which contains more than thousand lines of data Live data shown for 4 iterations. We have more than thousand lines of data:- -------------------------------------------------------------------------- ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

How to fetch specific data from a file.?

Hi , I have a file which contains 2 days logs(here it is 24 and 25) I want to list data only for date 25 fron the file. please suggest me how should i get this. file content mentioned below 17-05-24 Name Succ Fail 00:00:29 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: scriptor
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Fetch data from file

Hi, I am new to scripting. I have a log file and need to fetch specific logs and copy to another file. A copy of the log is like this: =============================================================== = JOB : server123#jobs1.jobstream1 = USER : andyc = Tue 08/01/17... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prngp
3 Replies
DPKG-AWK(1)						      General Commands Manual						       DPKG-AWK(1)

NAME
dpkg-awk - Utility to read a dpkg style db file SYNOPSIS
dpkg-awk [(-f|--file) filename] [(-d|--debug) ##] [(-s|--sort) list] [(-rs|--rec_sep) ??] '<fieldname>:<regex>' ... -- <out_fieldname> .. DESCRIPTION
dpkg-awk Parses a dpkg status file (or other similarly formatted file) and outputs the resulting records. It can use regex on the field values to limit the returned records, it can also be told which fields to output, and it can sort the matched fields. OPTIONS
-f filename --file filename The file to parse. The default is /var/lib/dpkg/status. -d [#] --debug [#] Each time this is specified, it increased the debug level. -s field(s) --sort field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields to sort on. -n field(s) --numeric field(s) A space or comma separated list of fields that should be interpreted as numeric in value. -rs ?? --rec_sep ?? Output this string at the end of each output paragraph. -h --help Display some help. fieldname The fields from the file, that are matched with the regex given. The fieldnames are case insensitive. out_fieldname The fields from the file, that are output for each record. If the first field listed begins with ^, then the list of fields that follows will NOT be output. BUGS
Be warned that the author has only a shallow understanding of the dpkg packaging system, so there are probably tons of bugs in this pro- gram. This program comes with no warranties. If running this program causes fire and brimstone to rain down upon the earth, you will be on your own. This program accesses the dpkg database directly in places, querying for data that cannot be gotten via dpkg. AUTHOR
Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> DEBIAN
Debian Utilities DPKG-AWK(1)