Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Search the pattern and copy in to the file Post 302620687 by Scrutinizer on Monday 9th of April 2012 03:13:09 AM
Old 04-09-2012
Hello,

Per our forum rules, all users must write in English, use semi-formal or formal English language and style, and correct spelling errors.

The reason for this is that most software and operating systems are written in English and these are software related technical forums.

In addition, nearly 95% of all visitors to this site come here because they are referred by a search engine. In order for future searches on your post (with answers) to work well, you need to spell correctly!

So, as a benefit and courtesy to current and future knowledge seekers, please be careful with your language, check your spelling and correct your spelling errors. You might receive a forum infraction if you don't pay attention to this.

Also, do not write in cyberpunk or abbreviated chat style under any circumstances and do not use profanity. This is not a chat room, it is a formal knowledge base to serve you and everyone, of all ages and cultural backgrounds.

Thanks!

The UNIX and Linux Forums

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search file for pattern and grab some lines before pattern

I want to search a file for a string and then if the string is found I need the line that the string is on - but also the previous two lines from the file (that the pattern will not be found in) This is on solaris Can you help? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

File extension search and copy

Hi need to know if we can write a shell script to find files for a particular format;s ie both .csv and .txt in a particular folder and then copy them to a new folder on a dialy basis. Does anyone know how this can be accomplished? Thanks, Sandeep (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
20 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Shell script to search for text in a file and copy file

Compete noob question.... I need a script to search through a directory and find files containing text string abcde1234 for example and then copy that file with that text string to another directory help please :eek: (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: imeadows
9 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search and copy to a new file-Help

Hi All, server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "CWD" dms-imrm/Delasco_Invoices_DayForward_Scan" 250 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "PWD" 257 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "CWD Private" 250 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN ftpuser "PWD" 257 - server16.na.in.com UNKNOWN... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tuxidow
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed help - search/copy from one file and search/paste to another

I am a newbie and would like some help with the following - Trying to search fileA for a string similar to - AS11000022010 30.4 31.7 43.7 53.8 60.5 71.1 75.2 74.7 66.9 56.6 42.7 32.5 53.3 I then want to replace that string with a string from fileB - ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ncwxpanther
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

search a word and copy the file

Hi need help with a script or command My requirement is - I need to do a "ls -ltr tcserver*.syslog" files in /tmp, direct the output to a file ls -ltr tcserv*.syslog | grep "Jan 31" | awk '{printf "\n" $9}' > jandat.logs -Then open each file in above list and search for string/word,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karghum
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search for a pattern in a String file and count the occurance of each pattern

I am trying to search a file for a patterns ERR- in a file and return a count for each of the error reported Input file is a free flowing file without any format example of output ERR-00001=5 .... ERR-01010=10 ..... ERR-99999=10 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use sed to search a particular pattern in a file backward after a pattern is matched.?

Hi, I have two files file1.txt and file2.txt. Please see the attachments. In file2.txt (which actually is a diff output between two versions of file1.txt.), I extract the pattern corresponding to 1172c1172. Now ,In file1.txt I have to search for this pattern 1172c1172 and if found, I have to... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: saurabh kumar
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy pattern inside the file

Hi all, I have files and have a missing record. I need copy the existing record and mark those values up. For example in the below file 11048 is missing. I need to copy 22001 and copy those create the values for 11048. I have 120 set of files and I need to do that on all files. Note the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Grep/awk using a begin search pattern and end search pattern

I have this fileA TEST FILE ABC this file contains ABC; TEST FILE DGHT this file contains DGHT; TEST FILE 123 this file contains ABC, this file contains DEF, this file contains XYZ, this file contains KLM ; I want to have a fileZ that has only (begin search pattern for will be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbabz
2 Replies
MAC-VENDOR(5)							File Formats Manual						     MAC-VENDOR(5)

NAME
mac-vendor - Ethernet vendor file for arp-scan SYNOPSIS
mac-vendor.txt DESCRIPTION
The mac-vendor.txt contains Ethernet MAC to vendor string mappings for arp-scan. It is used in addition to the IEEE OUI and IAB listings in ieee-oui.txt and ieee-iab.txt. It is for MAC-vendor mappings that are not covered by the IEEE manufacturer listings. Each line in the mac-vendor.txt file contains a MAC-vendor mapping in the form: <MAC-Prefix><TAB><Vendor> Where <MAC-Prefix> is the prefix of the MAC address in hex, and <Vendor> is the name of the vendor. The prefix can be of any length from two hex digits (one octet) to twelve hex digits (six octets, the entire Ethernet hardware address). The alphabetic hex characters [A-F] must be entered in upper case. For example: 012345 would match 01:23:45:xx:xx:xx, where xx represents any value; 0123456 would match 01:23:45:6x:xx:xx; and 01234567 would match 01:23:45:67:xx:xx. Blank lines and lines beginning with "#" are ignored. The order of entries in the file is not important. arp-scan will attempt to match larger prefixes before trying to match smaller ones, and will stop at the first match. FILES
/usr/local/share/arp-scan/mac-vendor.txt EXAMPLE
# From nmap Debian bug report #369681 dated 31 May 2006 525400 QEMU B0C420 Bochs # From RFC 2338: 00-00-5E-00-01-{VRID} 00005E0001 VRRP (last octet is VRID) # Microsoft WLBS (Windows NT Load Balancing Service) # http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/acs/reskit/acrkappb.mspx 02BF Microsoft WLBS (last four octets are IP address) AUTHOR
Roy Hills <Roy.Hills@nta-monitor.com> SEE ALSO
arp-scan(1) get-oui(1) get-iab(1) arp-fingerprint(1) http://www.nta-monitor.com/wiki/ The arp-scan wiki page. March 30, 2007 MAC-VENDOR(5)