Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Information required for AIX certification Post 302620617 by aixgeek on Monday 9th of April 2012 12:38:34 AM
Old 04-09-2012
The AIX 5.3 book is a nice start, but the differences between AIX 5.3 and AIX 7 are fairly pronounced. You probably wouldn't pass the AIX 7 cert without a lot of study on AIX 7 and more current virtualization options. Keep in mind you can't even *purchase* AIX 5.3 anymore unless it's part of a AIX 7 WPAR.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

aix certification

Hi Can any one let me know from where i can give aix certification exam. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjm
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Information regarding Unix certification course

Hi, Can you please let me know about the unix certification courses? Also please send me link where i can find this information. Regards, Vaibhav (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhav
2 Replies

3. AIX

Aix Certification Information

Hi, I want to know what is next certification after 222, Any Idea? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX Certification

Just wondering if this is worth having? Any thoughts, opinions welcomed. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bbbngowc
1 Replies

5. Cybersecurity

Information Security Certification ??

Hi All I am not sure this is the right place to ask this question. I am from India ( Mumbai ) .I am in IT industry ( as Application developer / System support ) for nearly 4 years i dont have any direct security related work experience but i did work on cryptography & Access control in 2... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: zedex
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

script for RAC information required

Hello, is it possible for someone to generate a shell script that will do the following, please. UNIX Shell script novice who is after a script to look at a few things within an Oracle RAC environment Hopefully if this works, I can schedule this via cron Many thanks I can execute these... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jnrpeardba
3 Replies

7. AIX

aix certification

hi, hi i want to give aix 000-400 system admin cirtification can any body help me in getting dumps. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pradeep panigra
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can i do AIX certification..

Hi all, I heard abt AIX course, is it good for my carrer?..:confused: I am a Bsc graduate.. Thanks in advance.. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowtham16
1 Replies

9. AIX

AIX certification

Hello Team, Am working as a system consultant for the AIX 6.1 OS which is running on IBM Power 740 past one year. I've part of installation, administration, security, user administration and configuring HACMP work's. I would like to get certify in AIX 6.1 and HACMP. Please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
1 Replies

10. AIX

Getting AIX certification

hi, i'm a intermediate linux admin and want to get certified for AIX but many companies does not give AIX related job with uncertified applicants, so how would i start with - AIX 6.1 Basic Operations, then - IBM Certified System Administrator - AIX 7 do i need to go trough a mandatory 5... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: malayo
6 Replies
captoinfo(1)						      General Commands Manual						      captoinfo(1)

NAME
captoinfo - convert a termcap description into a terminfo description SYNOPSIS
captoinfo [-vn width] [-V] [-1] [-w width] file . . . DESCRIPTION
captoinfo looks in file for termcap descriptions. For each one found, an equivalent terminfo description is written to standard output. Termcap tc capabilities are translated directly to terminfo use capabilities. If no file is given, then the environment variable TERMCAP is used for the filename or entry. If TERMCAP is a full pathname to a file, only the terminal whose name is specified in the environment variable TERM is extracted from that file. If the environment variable TERM- CAP is not set, then the file /usr/share/terminfo is read. -v print out tracing information on standard error as the program runs. -V print out the version of the program in use on standard error and exit. -1 cause the fields to print out one to a line. Otherwise, the fields will be printed several to a line to a maximum width of 60 charac- ters. -w change the output to width characters. FILES
/usr/share/terminfo Compiled terminal description database. TRANSLATIONS FROM NONSTANDARD CAPABILITIES
Some obsolete nonstandard capabilities will automatically be translated into standard (SVr4/XSI Curses) terminfo capabilities by captoinfo. Whenever one of these automatic translations is done, the program will issue an notification to stderr, inviting the user to check that it has not mistakenly translated a completely unknown and random capability and/or syntax error. XENIX termcap also used to have a set of extension capabilities for forms drawing, designed to take advantage of the IBM PC high-half graphics. They were as follows: If the single-line capabilities occur in an entry, they will automatically be composed into an acsc string. The double-line capabilities and GG are discarded with a warning message. IBM's AIX has a terminfo facility descended from SVr1 terminfo but incompatible with the SVr4 format. The following AIX extensions are automatically translated: Additionally, the AIX box1 capability will be automatically translated to an acsc string. Hewlett-Packard's terminfo library supports two nonstandard terminfo capabilities meml (memory lock) and memu (memory unlock). These will be discarded with a warning message. NOTES
This utility is actually a link to tic(1), running in -I mode. You can use other tic options such as -f and -x. The trace option is not identical to SVr4's. Under SVr4, instead of following the -v with a trace level n, you repeat it n times. SEE ALSO
infocmp(1), ncurses(3NCURSES), terminfo(5) This describes ncurses version 5.7 (patch 20100109). AUTHOR
Eric S. Raymond <esr@snark.thyrsus.com> captoinfo(1)